Skyrim to JKA - Weighting

Maui

Dear JKHubbers,

Is there somebody amongst us who wants to do the finishing touch on my Skyrim(Export) Skeleton? (It needs a fix, I've done as best as I could)

6b44918365.png

When I let modview use its animations, alot of places are falling apart.

f1aa64f1c7.png8a3d368b67.png

Interested? Feel free to PM me or add me on skype: kenny.schellings

^-^

Langerd and DarthStiv like this

Well, I thought I could use the bones of JKA and just place them inside the skeleton and then weight it etc.

That's what you'd do to get a model into JKA, but what minilogoguy said is something that's not JKA-specific but more general practice (at least for me). What's the triangle count on that model? You may need to reduce the overall triangle count to something more suitable for JKA. Definately a decent attempt so far, don't give up now. There's piles of tutorials on youtube for every 3d package.

Well, I thought I could use the bones of JKA and just place them inside the skeleton and then weight it etc.

No, you must not move the bones unless you want to create a custom skeleton for just that model - but if you want a player model, you must use _humanoid, which means you can't change the skeleton.

That's what you'd do to get a model into JKA, but what minilogoguy said is something that's not JKA-specific but more general practice (at least for me). What's the triangle count on that model? You may need to reduce the overall triangle count to something more suitable for JKA. Definately a decent attempt so far, don't give up now. There's piles of tutorials on youtube for every 3d package.

http://puu.sh/kJ0Rg/37fffae4e7.png

Infact, I don't know anything about modeling. All I do is frankenstein modeling and play around with the software. I'll need teachings from a teacher in school or something to be able to pull these things off

There are tons of tutorials around the web, both in text and video. If you are considering creating your own models, you have to start small and be patient.

That's a major rule. Patience. And once you know the basics in modeling, you can take on your own projects. A skeleton like the one above would be a start.

And if you need help, just ask someone here at JKHub.  :)

Infact, I don't know anything about modeling. All I do is frankenstein modeling and play around with the software. I'll need teachings from a teacher in school or something to be able to pull these things off

Wrong, I've never had any formal teaching and I'm capable of quite a lot, even things that most here are not. What software are you using? Software is really only limited by the UI, the terminology is all the same. I've used tutorials for 3ds Max, Maya and Blender to do things in Softimage, a lot of the technical lingo crosses over, just UI and hotkeys are different.

In case you haven't noticed, I don't use 3DS Max, used to but that was over a decade ago.

AshuraDX likes this

I see. Well I'd like to be able to make my own stuff instead of frankensteining and importing stuff from other games. But I can't manage to find any useful tutorials. Anyone want to help me get started and maybe mentor me?

I know. But why are there silly tutorials like:

* How to model a mushroom.

* How to model this.

* How to model that.

Why can't they just make a tutorial in general. How it works and how to make your own drawings (images to use in blender). Something useful. Or making your own textures and all that stuff.

I know. But why are there silly tutorials like:

* How to model a mushroom.

* How to model this.

* How to model that.

Why can't they just make a tutorial in general. How it works and how to make your own drawings (images to use in blender). Something useful. Or making your own textures and all that stuff.

Well exporting is the diffrent story in my opinion. Making model is like minilogoguy18 said - making model. But to export it to the game You must follow some topics. They are written in the Blender import\/export manual by mrwonko.

First i recommend to create the MD3 models for maps and then try to make player model. Making the character is a bit hard for the start

Maui likes this

@@Maui - surely there are character modeling tutorials for Blender-- you just have to model the character on the JKA root pose. Or move the mesh limbs to overlay the JKA skeleton.

Steps:

1. Model the character.

2. Weight the mesh to the bones.

3. Check how your mesh joints deform as you play some test animations.

4. Texture the character.

5. Export following @@mrwonko's tutorials.

I'd recommend starting with jka mesh that is similar to what you want and then just modify it.

Maui likes this