TFU Kit Fisto

I know this is something we've wanted for a while - a kit fisto head/model that's "better" than the old versions. A couple months ago when we all started frankensteining I had the help of two modeler friends of mine mostly for the weighting, and we put this together:

JneRDhA.jpg

It's not the final design, this series of screenshots was done months ago just to test how the heads looked on the different skin variants.

Some of you have seen it already, most of you haven't.. it's nothing for me to brag about because I didn't make the model (clearly xD) and the reskins are very basic.. just making sure certain patterns are aligned right for the sith version and re-testing in modview until it looks right, and an RGB version which is simple enough to create anyway.

I just wanted to ask if this kind of thing is likely to be accepted if I uploaded it to JKHub before uploading it to just get rejected? I know it contains ported content so that's why I wanted to ask first.

as far as I know, ported models are almost never accepted, and with partly ported (head only e.g.) it comes down to how much you've altered it.
I had a ported Ezio Auditore from AC2 and even with team skins it wasn't seen "legit" , it was refused for not being altered enough, as I recall....

so good luck with this, I really like this new Kit Fisto, compared to the JK2 one...  could u send this to me? for private use.

GPChannel likes this

Yeah it all depends on how much it has been altered from the original source, and what decides that is entirely at the discretion of the staff.

I've made mention of this in a recent profile status but I might as well raise it here too since the staff will probably read this topic - does this policy extend to games that have been closed down and can be considered abandonware such as Star Wars Galaxies, Clone Wars Adventures, etc?

I doubt this is a full port, Ruxith said it contains ported parts. The body and the robe looks like HS Anakin's body and robe... if its true, there wont be any problem, because there are a lot of frankeinseined model here on JKHub what contains ported parts from SWToR, and they were accepted... note: it'd be wise to replace the base human hands to Kit Fisto's hands.

Hmm, an interesting question. I think each staff member, when approving files, has their own way of weighing what is an "acceptable" amount of ported content. In my opinion, if this model came down the pipeline I would accept it. Here are the reasons:

• Only the head is ported
  • The head has been re-skinned.

Those are significant changes that I could accept, personally. This is my personal way, and does not reflect the official opinion of JKHub. Also, I don't think the age of the game the content comes through would really affect our decision. It's all owned by a corporate entity so it's a legal mess either way. I've seen plenty of people port JKA models into other games, probably since they consider our game "abandoned". Crazy stuff. But no, I'd say keep ported content in moderation, and it needs some sort of modification to really make it acceptable. :winkthumb: 

Kualan likes this

Yeah it all depends on how much it has been altered from the original source, and what decides that is entirely at the discretion of the staff.

I've made mention of this in a recent profile status but I might as well raise it here too since the staff will probably read this topic - does this policy extend to games that have been closed down and can be considered abandonware such as Star Wars Galaxies, Clone Wars Adventures, etc?

such as Jedi Academy & Jedi Outcast

such as Jedi Academy & Jedi Outcast

I know you're just joshing, but there is actually a distinction to be made there. JO and JKA are still sold to customers, i.e. it is a product still in circulation. You can't buy/download SWG, CWA, etc anymore, they've been completely removed from the market. Which, it could be argued, is a sign of abandonment of the copyright on those individual properties.

It's a moot point anyway - the staff have clarified their position, but yeah, just thought I'd point that out as a little FYI.

yeah but you're clearly onto something here, I think the staff here should reconcider their policies..

does it really make this game not dead/ forgotten/ abandoned/no 1 gives a f*ck .. if the price tag is maybe 4 euros?
LucasArts is down, so down infact, that their closest neighbour is a dinosaur, which is also a good metaphor for JediKnight.
So who do you think is going to care more about ported models; game developers or the staff of Jkhub.org ? ? :D yeah.. hmm...

Wasa and Delmi like this

I would very much like to see this kit fisto model released, very awesome I think! As well as you said finishing up the savage opress in your sig. I would really like to see these released, I don't see it being an issue if content is uploaded on this site if it's not a full port due to the rules on jkhub like what the others were saying earlier on this topic. I say continue your awesome work and upload away!  :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Patience is a virtue. As I stated i'm busy at the moment, i'll post something or upload it when I find the time. Shouldn't be long now, can probably find some time again next week.

It's been quite a few months now, and I love the work you've currently done. Any updates since last September? :ph34r:

Ruxith and yeyo JK like this

XD yeah I guess patience really is a virtue now hey!

Hopefully I can find some time to get back onto releasing the things I promised soon. I also have a few new stuff I started that I haven't gotten around to finishing aswell, ffs rux.

Working 6 days a week sucks!

Daedra likes this

XD yeah I guess patience really is a virtue now hey!

Hopefully I can find some time to get back onto releasing the things I promised soon. I also have a few new stuff I started that I haven't gotten around to finishing aswell, ffs rux.

Working 6 days a week sucks!

The only reason I bumped is because first I really want this! But second I was wondering if you could include the Battlefront version of Kit Fisto (shirtless) :

Kit_Fisto.gif

7.jpg

KitFisto-SWE.jpg

yeyo JK likes this