JAWS Skins & Ish

...we may have to coordinate reskins, lulz. Fox was going to be the first one I did after the two clones from my comic.

Beat you to it esse. Honestly? Was just gonna kind of make whatever came to heart. Already making a smol phase 2 Coruscant Guard pack.

EDIT:

6vKn3ab.pngB5iqvCK.pngTyT3RL1.png

set your paint layer blendmodes to multiply instead of normal blending

also dont use HSL (Hue-Saturation-Lightness) to recolor sections

create a new layer group with a new layer that has your paint color on it. Add a layer mask to that layer on this layer mask you want your paint marking as exact as possible, once you have this add another mask to the layergroup and start erasing stuff on that layermask to damage your fresh coat of paint - this workflow allows you to keep your original paint mask safe and undestroyed.

also: isn't that first skin just whatI  had made for the red teamskin :P?

set your paint layer blendmodes to multiply instead of normal blending

also dont use HSL (Hue-Saturation-Lightness) to recolor sections

create a new layer group with a new layer that has your paint color on it. Add a layer mask to that layer on this layer mask you want your paint marking as exact as possible, once you have this add another mask to the layergroup and start erasing stuff on that layermask to damage your fresh coat of paint - this workflow allows you to keep your original paint mask safe and undestroyed.

also: isn't that first skin just whatI  had made for the red teamskin :P?

Multiply is the layer I use yes. I made a new layer above the OG skin and painted the red on it for Fox.

Never used HSL for JK. I use it alllll the time for NBA 2K14 but that's a completely different beast lol.

I'll experiment with that a bit more,  thank you for the tip btw. Will come  in handy.

And yes it's the same shocktrooper but it was my take on it. I needed another skin. I kind of make everything so my apologies if I step on your toes.

EDIT: If I think about it though Fox is one of the most undamaged clones in the entire CW series so honestly might damage him a bit but not much.

@JAWS did you take a look at my resources?

the curvature map could be of interest to you for edge damages ;)

what do you use for skinning btw?

Yeah it was very useful actually.

I use GIMP hah. I've wanted to buy photoshop but I'm like ehhhh not worth it, GIMP is solid asf.

I see, @JAWS you can process the curvature map into something like this:

4a1f09937d36228b9e501cb6543d5d88.png

then adding the inverted AO map after editing it slightly using a levels adjustment can give you this:

01877aabb4e5b7332a00c5a8fc24ae28.png

this is pretty much a basic mask that removes paint from edges will keeping the paint in occluded and therefore less accessible areas

something you mgiht want to consider whn multiplieing colors over my skins is to bring the prelight back in by making a new layer group and giving that the EXACT same mask as your paint

then in that layer group you copy& pste the green channel of my world space normal map, adjust the output levels to get 50% gray instead of black and set its blendmode to softlight - this will create a "light from above" effect for your paint, the same effect has been applied to

my textures prior to release and multiplieing colors over the finished texture kills my highlights while further darkening the shadows. The trick I just described will bring those lights back in

JAWSFreelao likes this
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...