JAWS Skins & Ish

I appreciate that dog. :) But there's more, lol. The Tango Company who became infected with Brain Worms during the operation of Geonosis. In addition, I have made the Kaminoan Clone security legion as seen in season six of Dave Filoni's The Clone Wars. But wait, there's more! I also added in Captain Keeli's soldier/company trooper. Not a whole lot of resources to see the armor from, but I mimicked as best as I could with the limited information I had. Never sleep when JAWS is about. #monigqassleepinonme

4O8B3R7.jpg

n6LvHu6.jpg

50ORxgp.png

Havoc:

4OLKN10.jpg

Trap: 

nmPW1yD.jpg

Scythe:

AC7mkpw.jpg

And as soon as Kualan PMs me the edited mesh there'll be a very.. Unique skin uploaded.

Kualan and Jeff like this

Me too! The UV layout of that helmet made me nervous. But I'm glad it looks nice. Really happy to hear it. Shoutout @@Kualan for supplying the helmet for Sergeant Hound.

Just so you guys know, everything's being released as we speak. I just have to add a few more NPCs to the Keeli and Kaminoan Security skins.

Just seen your Tango, ARC and Kamino uploads, JAWS. They're faithful recreations of what we see in the show, but upon getting a closer inspection I've got some feedback for you:

First of all - which software do you use for texturing? Is it Photoshop or GIMP? All I can say you to is - scratch brushes. With scratch brushes you can apply a layer over the armor paintwork that gives it a lived in, three dimensional quality. Even the 'clean' version of clone armor can benefit from this. Look at @@Barricade24 's Clone Shiny for example, and how it isn't just plain white all over.

Scratch brushes also help to make things like logos and such 'blend' into the armour better. A good example of the change this can make is this early picture of my 501st troopers, way back when I was just starting out:

501stWIP_zps65ffaf45.jpg

See that horrible medical logo on Kix's shoulder? Compare it to the one on the current version and you can see that the scratch brushes make a huge difference in blending the symbol into the armour.

If you're using Photoshop, this is a good source: http://naldzgraphics.net/freebies/free-scratch-brushes-photoshop/

Second; the Kamino Security clones. Since they're just grey versions of the Coruscant Guard (even their commander is just a desaturated Fox) I'm guessing you created them by draining the colour from the current Coruscant Guard skins? It works to a point, but there's a curious lack of continuity between the clones and their commander, since the former are using the battleworn clone armour and the latter is sparkling and clean. I'd suggest either making a new 'clean' version of the standard trooper or creating a commander with the battleworn armour (my own Fox skin is based on the battleworn skin so you're welcome to use that if you like). This would create a bit more continuity between the officer and his troops.

Finally - I love the ARC Troopers. Although the above advice about scratch brushes applies still, other than they're a very faithful recreation of some cool clones from the show and it's great to see you're bringing these guys to JKA. Good work! You're coming on leaps and bounds with these skins and know with a little more tweaking you can become as good as @@Barricade24 .

JAWSFreelao likes this

Alright guys. Here's the project I've been holding back on. :)

Sergeant Hound, as seen during the pursuit of Ahsoka Tano.

7iClWIx.jpg

pZGvVMn.png

That guy was like 5 seconds in one episode, but he was so cool looking. Very nice looking model. 

Boom! More stuff. :) One of these troopers became attached to a young Twi'lek girl on Ryloth after he found her cowering in the basement of an  abandoned house. Let's see if you can spot it. Also, let it be noted: I hated Republic Heroes. But Boomer was a decent enough ARF variant to make it into the pack. :)

EqI4pbj.jpg

7zwWRKC.jpgZOxaoP1.jpguOfUCu7.jpg

Kualan likes this

I dont want to be rude but.. what the heck is going on with this Clonefest?? Clones everywhere lately O_o

I know they are cool but and these skins are great but why there are so many versions here ??

By JKA texturing standards, the Neomarz clones are generally set up in a way that makes it very easy to add new patterns, etc to them. They're also a good choice of model for new texture artists to cut their teeth on. Plus that and the vast range of different clones out there anyway.

Maybe the Hub is just experiencing its own Order 66 and we don't even know it.

therfiles, Langerd and JAWSFreelao like this

Well, another release. Should be approved later. But anyway, here's ARF Commander Trauma and his battalion. Credit to Barricade24 for the shiny base, Kualan for the ARF trooper helmet, and Neomarz for the clone armor model. Improved Hound. Hope you guys enjoy it. Has been approved.Here's Commander Fil and his subordinates who served under Kit Fisto, but were killed during a raid on General Grievous' lair. I also have updated the ARC trooper pack- Blitz, Colt, and Havoc all have Phase 1.5 armor. I also decided to make Commander Thorn (including a zombie version).

wh3NyYD.jpg

qEYUERY.jpgf06R1QX.png

Zygoxsm.png

Also worked on my ARC Trooper Fives. Should be approved soon.

hOVO9WV.jpg

fcWN6Kp.jpg

Kualan and Jeff like this

My working song for the day. Calm Down by Busta Rhymes, featuring Eminem. As well as a Clear The Air remix

https://soundcloud.com/djbassel/busta-rhymes-ft-eminem-calm-down-bassel-remix

Don't worry this isn't dead. Just got some WIPs that aren't quite presentable yet. I do have one for you though. The action figure known as "501st Jet Trooper." As you can see, I've also made Lieutenant Thire and his squadmates Jek and Rys.

jMvXKm1.jpg  PAOxiMi.jpg

This contains ported material but will be offered through a third party. A link will be provided here regardless, but I won't endanger the 'Hub by uploading here.

Jedi librarian and former Master Jocasta Nu.

Shoutout to @@RevanKnight for the torso texture work, and to @@Kualan for the entire GLM.

Jocasta has been released. NPC names are in the readme. Enjoy guys.

http://depositfiles.com/files/5d64bise0

01Klbs0.jpg

So here's a CW style Windu. Tweaked EA Windu for this. Will upload to the Hub if they can allow the use of these ported arms.

I also have made an updated Luminara Unduli. Credit to whoever made the great TFU 2 Starkiller pack, I used the pants.

Following the traditional jedi updates, here's a better Barriss Offee. Includes the special version seen during a duel with Ahsoka at a nanoweapons factory. Also used Kylo Ren's mask mesh from Kualan, the pants from TFU 2 Starkiller pack, and Adi Gallia's headpiece for improvised "dreadtails."

Ge7Pzey.jpg

tnrD8iA.jpg

aWyOGgn.png

DarthStiv, Kualan and Delmi like this
  • 2 months later...

This contains ported material but will be offered through a third party. A link will be provided here regardless, but I won't endanger the 'Hub by uploading here.

Jedi librarian and former Master Jocasta Nu.

Shoutout to @@RevanKnight for the torso texture work, and to @@Kualan for the entire GLM.

Jocasta has been released. NPC names are in the readme. Enjoy guys.

http://depositfiles.com/files/5d64bise0

<script pagespeed_no_defer="">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://jkhub.org/index.php?s=e25977c89c0f55884ec125f70c5b1873&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=6061&p=91573&md5check=3fa5ca738e6f339962b5df5f94604c35&isRte=1,qWLXzJ-b4O,true,false,QGWr-Sw3m34'); //]]></script>01Klbs0.jpg&&0

Deposit files isn't allowing me to download this. Apparently, just clicking regular download wasn't enough for them anymore, so now we have to do stupid quizzes now on that site....-_-