EPVII Kylo Ren

I never believed that in the first place.

Lets say for example you heard that from multiple people about the Staff cutting off the leg (and you haven't seen the movie to know how it handles), of course you could believe it or not, it is pure speculation, but lets say you did believe it (as example). It comes to the moment you see the movie and see how effective the Staff is, changing your view on it.

I'm not trying to alter your opinion, all I am saying is that the movie has a great way of debunking speculation, regardless of which side of the arguement is believed.

I didn't believe it because it didn't make sense to believe it. A staff is a staff. There is quite a lot of space for the user to be effective and not get cut. An all-cutting blade looking to cut your wrist off if you put your saber at a slightly wrong angle is something else entirely. It is less effective than normal saber.

The laser (emm blade?) o the lighstaber couldnt be in the shape of the medieval sword... so they made two little lightsaber parts with two mini blades that like many people say.. They can be cut in the easy way. It is true but still it looks pretty cool and nobody thought that it will be good idea (because.. still many people said that it isnt XD)

And saber staff is very effective D: In JK it is not in the way it should be.. but Maul for example used it very well

I agree. The Staff was very effective and changed alot of peoples view on such an absurd design (prior to movie release opinion). Now it has been perfectly integrated into the Expanded Universe.

It will be the same development for the Crossguard Saber. But of course, opinions will be opinions. But in 10 years time we will probably have a full knowledge of the Crossguard Saber as we do with the Saber Staff and will be just as enjoyed.

I didn't believe it because it didn't make sense to believe it. A staff is a staff. There is quite a lot of space for the user to be effective and not get cut. An all-cutting blade looking to cut your wrist off if you put your saber at a slightly wrong angle is something else entirely. It is less effective than normal saber.

I think being able to avoid having your hand cut off is very effective. And IF the mini blades get cut off then it will be a regular Saber which is what you would prefer, right? Win - win.

Yeah, it wouldn't stop anyone from taking your hand or destroying one of the emitters. The staff although not as versatile as the single it has good prarry and counter attack potential, to someone smart though the other blade would never pose a threat since all you'd need to do is know where one blade is to predict the other.

I think being able to avoid having your hand cut off is very effective. And IF the mini blades get cut off then it will be a regular Saber which is what you would prefer, right? Win - win.

Being able to avoid anything is in no way effective. Having to avoid it is restrictive, whereas normal saber does not pose such problem. Staff for instance, while possibly harder to master, can be effectively used against multiple opponents, so the disadvantages/difficulties are worth it. Crossguard saber? Not so much. If the mini blades get cut off then there's no point for their existence in the first place. If they restrict you then it's also better for them to not be there.

Being able to avoid anything is in no way effective. Having to avoid it is restrictive, whereas normal saber does not pose such problem. Staff for instance, while possibly harder to master, can be effectively used against multiple opponents, so the disadvantages/difficulties are worth it. Crossguard saber? Not so much. If the mini blades get cut off then there's no point for their existence in the first place. If they restrict you then it's also better for them to not be there.

But that is assuming that they are made to be cut off or not. Perhaps they cannot be cut off? Lets see how the movie makes that work.

For all we know, it's some ancient sith saber sword that has special meaning. I'd say don't knock the saber until we know why it looks how it does. Could be something that makes alot of sense.

EDIT:

I dunno, it just seems logical that I pick this up after my Maul model. No idea when I'll get around to it though, and it would only have textures for rend2.

Ramikad likes this

It's nice @ is making a new Kylo skin but honestly if @@DT85 makes this model (which honestly, considering Kylo's role in the new movies, he needs) that would be best. Though I am not saying a reskin should not happen, it would be amazing to see it and well any new Star Wars 7 content is a great contribution to the JKA modding community. 

For all we know, it's some ancient sith saber sword that has special meaning. I'd say don't knock the saber until we know why it looks how it does. Could be something that makes alot of sense.

EDIT:

I dunno, it just seems logical that I pick this up after my Maul model. No idea when I'll get around to it though, and it would only have textures for rend2.

I would appreciate your effort if you did that sometime in the future, but I will just be making a Frankenstein and Reskin for Kylo. But you, you have the talent to make an entirely new model, which of course takes longer to do. But there's a chance I may require your help with the version of Kylo i'm working on, but that may be in the near future. (If you can, of course).

EDIT:

I'll gladly to a covnersion from rend2 to base JKA if you need me to

all I'll need are your bakes and the model in .obj

I wonder if it's possible to blend Darth Vaders helmet with the front of the helmet with a flat mask look to create Kylo Rens helmet, have like a hooded version and a non hooded version. Just an idea, anyway I think this Kylo Ren guy is going to be the new ultimate darksider in the new movie!  :starwars:

Daedra likes this

I wonder if it's possible to blend Darth Vaders helmet with the front of the helmet with a flat mask look to create Kylo Rens helmet, have like a hooded version and a non hooded version. Just an idea, anyway I think this Kylo Ren guy is going to be the new ultimate darksider in the new movie!  :starwars:

I already have a GLM model of Kylo's mask :P

Omega likes this