Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

The various interiews reveal more from TFA.

Maz Kanata

We now know the age of Maz Kanata - she is almost 1000 years old. And she's been a pirate most of her life. Her castle was built only 200 years ago and is a mix of Jabba's palace and Mos Eisley Cantina. Some patrons from Tatooine have already been spotted there.

There is a better image of Constable Zuvio from the Empire magazine.

EP7_IA_30086_ED.jpg

@

The whole ad ca,pain is somehow overwhelming. I see Star Wars everyday almost everywhere - on busstops and subway, as well os on Radio in the gym and on TV panel at work. Ads are everywhere, be it a new series of Lego Sets, a mere trailer or a Nesquik ad. While I am happy with the fact, that I would have a special "go" to the cinema, there is a feeling, that with all the fuss the experience isn't somehow unique and loses its mystery. The one I had when I watched Star Wars ANH the very first time in the childhood.

@

The whole ad ca,pain is somehow overwhelming. I see Star Wars everyday almost everywhere - on busstops and subway, as well os on Radio in the gym and on TV panel at work. Ads are everywhere, be it a new series of Lego Sets, a mere trailer or a Nesquik ad. While I am happy with the fact, that I would have a special "go" to the cinema, there is a feeling, that with all the fuss the experience isn't somehow unique and loses its mystery. The one I had when I watched Star Wars ANH the very first time in the childhood.

You have to admit that it's getting tiring. I mean at first you must be excited, but seeing all these ad campaigns now are just...REDUNDANT....It's getting old, as I already predicted.

@

I think the same took place years ago with Episodes I-III... It was like that, wasn't it? I remember clearly seeing Episode I for the first time on HBO - it was quite a surprise, as I wasn't expecting anything at all. With Episode II I was more like attentive fan eager to see the film. I was collecting data on the upcoming plot and looking here and there, when possible. However for the most part I remember only a few ads on AOTC, like Yoda in MCDonalds and a News report on TV (I think this is coming this year too).

Episode III had additional promo like games, comics, books and holonet news, which further developed the Galaxy around Revenge of the Sith.

In case of Episode VII it is Battlefront, trailers, upcoming books and comics, as well as all this ads only. Not as much as previously. I think all this is actually in order, whether one likes it or not. Star Wars is a cinematic phenomena, a very special experience even for non-fans. So that's the reason behind all the noise here (same was with Harry Potter, LOTR, James Bond and others, as far as I recall).

@@Jolly

It's a wonder, that so many things have been revealed with the trailer, but in most cases we still don't know what is going on exactly. Also they've hidden lost more - in that we can be sure.

The Supreme Leader Snoke - according to some - has already been seen in one of the trailers. Spoiler Alert.

The scene where we see Knights of Ren, all hold some kind of weapons, but one is equipped with a staff. A certain rumour suggests, that Snoke is wielding the same weapon, so in this scene he is actually standing behind the knights! Probably. Though it doesn't correspond to the fact, that this creature is quite tall and bizarre in appearance, even for Andy Serkis, as he says. At one point he wasn't sure, who was he playing at all.

We only know, that Snoke is a tall humanoid with possible cybernetics, as he was disfigured and damaged in the past beyond repair. Even without any injuries he is supposed to look really bizarre and scary. Perhaps he is the reason, why children won't be allowed to see the film? Palpatine in Episode III was also one such reason.

Also there's been a discussion, whether Snoke looks like this or not. No info, where this screen comes from, but the artist tried to capture in the appearance all that is currently known about Snoke.

RwfbHvk.jpg

Bek likes this

Snoke hasnt yet been shown anywhere. We only have Serkis' description;

He's a tall humanoid-like creature probaly part cybernetic because he suffered a tragedy most likely before

the events of episode one (?) because he lived trough both wars.. and he uses a staff as a weapon.. hmm

Sounds a lot like Darth Plaqueis to me.

@

As I said, some believe him to be present among the Ren knights, though he is definitely not one of them. It is worth mentioning, that this scene is set during a different time, not during TFA. So Snoke can be there, but before what tragedy might have occured to him. Actually some of the things mentioned by Serkis remind me of a creature, seen in Lost in space movie.

Lsnap2.jpg

But I expect him to be as scary as this one from Dark Angel:

Black-Angel-581967.jpg

From what we know Snoke is also supposed to be a really tall being as well that he to needed rendered with cgi because normal costume techniques and makeup don't work with his character.The creature in Lost in Space  movie is actually a Mutant-Spider version of Smith.

@

A picture for Kylo Ren of Kylo Ren - New

EP7_IA_56392_R.jpg

Yes, they said, that making Snoke as a puppet was somehow almost impossible. I believe that it can be something really unusual, perhaps not even humanoid in nature.

@

THere's been an article about what can ruin Star Wars in December:

1) if Episode VII copies A New Hope, 2) Snoke CGI won't be convincing enough as a character 3) a wrong character dies or a right character dies wrongly

That's according to IGN. Many more reasons are named throughout the Internet by very different magazines and sites, as well as fans.

The phrases common on Earth have been spotted in Star Wars more than once now. Captain Phasma is known to have one such phrase too, while we can hear a few in KOTOR series from our companions.

Besides Han Solo says "Then I'll see you in hell!" in Episode V. And "Die, Jedi Dogs" was also somehow strange to hear from C-3PO. Well, there was an explanation, that some things from real life Earth do come to Star Wars - like apples (Episode II), mice (Episode VI), chicken and other domestics (Caravan of courage), and even a game of chess (not to confuse with Dejarik game), as well as earings and glasses on some characters. So a few other things will keep coming.

I still guess "Bantha Fodder" and "E chu ta!" surpass everything else in Star Wars :P

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

The only Earth curse words ever heard are always damn and hell.There's also the Galactic Basic version of every word imaginable.Here's how secret the movie is there's a "No, I am your father" inspired moment sometime during the movie.Everyone keeps asking whats so secretive about the movie that they've kept under wraps for so long.It'll all come out eventually.

@

I think the same took place years ago with Episodes I-III... It was like that, wasn't it? I remember clearly seeing Episode I for the first time on HBO - it was quite a surprise, as I wasn't expecting anything at all. With Episode II I was more like attentive fan eager to see the film. I was collecting data on the upcoming plot and looking here and there, when possible. However for the most part I remember only a few ads on AOTC, like Yoda in MCDonalds and a News report on TV (I think this is coming this year too).

Episode III had additional promo like games, comics, books and holonet news, which further developed the Galaxy around Revenge of the Sith.

In case of Episode VII it is Battlefront, trailers, upcoming books and comics, as well as all this ads only. Not as much as previously. I think all this is actually in order, whether one likes it or not. Star Wars is a cinematic phenomena, a very special experience even for non-fans. So that's the reason behind all the noise here (same was with Harry Potter, LOTR, James Bond and others, as far as I recall).

I don't recall the cars, the jets, or phone commercials among others being used for EPI - III though. Already FEELS like way too much for me.

@

I also don't recall Darth Vader in Conservatoire in 2000s, and no Stormtroopers Exhibitions in Trade Centers. The line of toys was almost the same at the time, with Lego entering the stage with many-many sets, new action figures, miniatures and also the prequels made a way for Republic Commando, KOTOR and The Force Unleashed with Battlefromnt I and II.

I think the reason is also with the development of the Social Media. It is amazing, what part this one plays in all the brands I know, be it Adidas, Nestle, Ikea or Star Trek. This new stuff allows you to write a message on Whoopie Goldberg's page and get a response, or "like" the picture from Meril Streep, or even learn where to meet one of the celebreties next week.

These new oportinities, unavailable in early 2000s, contributed a lot to the fuss around Star Wars Episode VII. Personally I enjoy the trailers only, paying less attention to commercials on new Yoda burgers or Vader's Favourite Pepsi, with Kellogs delivering "cool stickers" with Finn, Rey and BB-8 to your breakfast. :)

@

They said Corellia would be in Episode VII. However I am sure Han refers to Falcon as his true home.

by the way, a few pages ago, here, someone mentioned that Hayden was rumoured to make a comeback as Vader in the new trilogy.
supposedly as a flashback from the past or something, well I was just watching episode 4 with my friends and we talked about the stand alone films;

could Hayden maybe play the role of Vader in these films, like e.g. RogueOne? unless he is simply training for another movie altogether :)

After looking at the wiki for Rogue One I heard that Peter's Tarkin going to be recreated digitally.They should just use his look-a-like actor from Farscape instead just put some heavy prosthetic makeup to make him like Tarkin from Revenge of the Sith but a bit older.