Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

Well sure, but is it worth fixing? Seems like one could just use hapslash hands or something and attach the pointy things to the fingertips

I'm not doing it. I'm still confused as to how I got drug into this.  :P But I agree with you using default hands would work, or just fix the weights.

To everyone who reads this thread. I might just be tired from work, but from here on I'm not taking requests. I get home and have to answer posts, respond to PM's about this model or that model (some of which I never did nor care about). I'm probably not going to post anything as far as links or pics to download. It's for three reasons really

#1. Talented modelers (much better than myself) are getting annoyed by the ports and kit-bashes and I agree with them. They put a lot more time and effort into what they do and a lot of you take it for granted. So thanks too the few modelers we have left and I'm sorry if I contributed to the problem, that was never my intention.

#2 I'm just sick of the constant headache that comes from all of this. It's not anyone in particular but the sum of it all is too much.

#3 I'm going to attempt to model from scratch. Kit-bashing and porting have taught me the basics and now it's time to fail, fail again, and keep failing till I get it right. 

Preach it Jeff. So many people are just taking the easy route out for models and while some ports are fine there is a serious excess lately.

I'm probably the pot calling the kettle black, but yeah the ports are outta fucking control.

To everyone who reads this thread. I might just be tired from work, but from here on I'm not taking requests. I get home and have to answer posts, respond to PM's about this model or that model (some of which I never did nor care about). I'm probably not going to post anything as far as links or pics to download. It's for three reasons really

#1. Talented modelers (much better than myself) are getting annoyed by the ports and kit-bashes and I agree with them. They put a lot more time and effort into what they do and a lot of you take it for granted. So thanks too the few modelers we have left and I'm sorry if I contributed to the problem, that was never my intention.

#2 I'm just sick of the constant headache that comes from all of this. It's not anyone in particular but the sum of it all is too much.

#3 I'm going to attempt to model from scratch. Kit-bashing and porting have taught me the basics and now it's time to fail, fail again, and keep failing till I get it right. 

TBH, you influenced me, along with @@dark_apprentice and @@Seven, to go out and actually learn how to kitbash, to which I'm having GREAT success with. While I would say that kitbashing is good, it should mainly be a stepping stone to making your own model in of itself. So my advice to those people who have been giving headaches to others would simply be this: Watch this video by Mae Miraado and learn how to do it.  It's really NOT THAT HARD. I was literally ASTONISHED on how easy it is to kitbash models. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxN9RRjeZdk

TBH, you influenced me, along with @@dark_apprentice and @@Seven, to go out and actually learn how to kitbash, to which I'm having GREAT success with. While I would say that kitbashing is good, it should mainly be a stepping stone to making your own model in of itself. So my advice to those people who have been giving headaches to others would simply be this: Watch this video by Mae Miraado and learn how to do it.  It's really NOT THAT HARD. I was literally ASTONISHED on how easy it is to kitbash models. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxN9RRjeZdk

I'm always happy to see people learn how to do something on their own and to those (like yourself) that have, that's a great thing. Even if it's something small like learning to skin, it makes a big difference instead of constantly asking someone else to do it for you. I'm always willing to help someone learn something as long as they put effort into it. 

TBH, you influenced me, along with @@dark_apprentice and @@Seven, to go out and actually learn how to kitbash, to which I'm having GREAT success with. While I would say that kitbashing is good, it should mainly be a stepping stone to making your own model in of itself. So my advice to those people who have been giving headaches to others would simply be this: Watch this video by Mae Miraado and learn how to do it.  It's really NOT THAT HARD. I was literally ASTONISHED on how easy it is to kitbash models.

Thanks a lot for pointing is to the video. I will go through it ASAP. Always want to learn more. Hope one day I can do at least 1% of what Jeff, Kualan, Seven, Circa and other amazing artists do.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

You're lucky man, even with the best tutorials, step-by-step stuff, I'm still failing at kitbashing.

Glad you're getting good at it though :)

You're lucky man, even with the best tutorials, step-by-step stuff, I'm still failing at kitbashing.

Glad you're getting good at it though :)

This tutorial is great. I forgot about it. This tutorial along with the small tutorial found here https://jkhub.org/topic/4905-frankensteining-with-blender/ got me started Frankensteining (you can see some of it in the WIPs section under "Diary of a mad man"), which I am using as a learning experience (the glm structure, the skeleton, the vertex, etc.) towards actually been able to mod something form scratch one day. 

Now with some great instructions by the awesome @@Kualan here, I am learning a little bit more.

https://jkhub.org/topic/8344-mandolorians-without-the-antenna-on-their-helmets/

I would like to see more small tutorials like these aimed towards specific small tasks for JKA models that we can learn and master and in the end, all pay off and we can be more productive to the community.

Aye, is this directed at me? I'm the only one whose really been porting lately. I can tone it back I just didn't know it bothered people so much. Sorry everyone.

Aye, is this directed at me? I'm the only one whose really been porting lately. I can tone it back I just didn't know it bothered people so much. Sorry everyone.

Normally Jeff is cool in my book, but I think its messed up to put people down for kitbashing and porting. Not everyone has to learn how to model, hell, some people don't even have the time to learn how to model.

So if you want to get a model in JK, usually kitbashing and porting is the easiest option.

Although I do think Jeff's works are great, no disrespect to him, but its just kinda messed up.

(Actually, isn't porting models the best way to get the most accurate models in JK? I'd assume so, considering you're taking the files straight from the game...)