I have crazy idea with fan from Phantom Menace ...

Just setup the brush work, possible patch meshes for the blades and give it a func_rotate with an origin brush with the speed tweaked to suit your needs.  Probably need a crusher flag or whatever setup to it as well.  Might not gib body parts everywhere but it should kill people none the less.

Just setup the brush work, possible patch meshes for the blades and give it a func_rotate with an origin brush with the speed tweaked to suit your needs.  Probably need a crusher flag or whatever setup to it as well.  Might not gib body parts everywhere but it should kill people none the less.

I know this but i want to make it dismember the whole body like the saber. I have fan but i want to make it this little effect

@@Langerd

Oh yeah, I remember that fan. I want to see that dismemberment effect in Jedi Academy.

The whole The Phantom Menace game was sometimes so ridiculous, that it was fun at the same time.

I mean, that's probably the most violent Star Wars game in history (You could also shoot literally every NPC on a map and you couldn't

proceed after that, because a mob tried to kill you afterwards). And that's just ironic, because the film wasn't that violent at all.

z3filus and Langerd like this

Memories :rolleyes:

Anyway, if it's supposed to be SP, you can simply set up a script that dismembers anyone who falls down there. For multiplayer, I don't think it's so easy, as the script wouldn't work. Not sure if there's a way to do that for MP.

He he :P Yeah @@Ramikad but how to make one?  :D

I have no idea how to make this script.

I thought about 3 things

a trigger multiple that:

-turn on the blood effects whcih will just show that the chop chop effect was brutal.

-make a trigger that kill the player

-when i will trigger it will turn on the push effect to make body parts throw all over the place

Ah i am totally making things for SP ... I dont like MP too much

You can target the trigger_multiple to a target_scriptrunner (tick the runonactivator flag, so the "dismembering" will occur on anyone who activates it, and set count to -1 to make it run infinitely), that runs a script such as this one:

//(BHVD)
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_GRAVITY", "2400" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_HEAD" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_FOOT_RT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_FOOT_LT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_HAND_RT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_HAND_LT" );
wait ( 5.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_LEG_RT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_LEG_LT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_ARM_LT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_ARM_RT" );
wait ( 5.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_CHEST_RT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_CHEST_LT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_BACK_RT" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_BACK_LT" );
wait ( 5.000 );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_CHEST" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_BACK" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_DISMEMBER_LIMB", /*@HIT_LOCATIONS*/ "HL_WAIST" );
set ( /*@SET_TYPES*/ "SET_HEALTH", 0 );

(Not sure if the gravity 2400 actually does something on the weight of the pieces, but whatever)

In the slight time span of 0.015 seconds, the player, or the humanoid NPC, that falls on the fan will be dismembered, and even more gruesomely he will survive long enough to witness his own dismembering before dying. ;)

About the blood effect, I don't think there's any in base JA. If you can find / make one, though, you can tie the trigger_multiple to that specific fx_runner (whatever the path, only set the path of the .efx file beyond the effects/ folder). The script and the fx_runner should suffice for everything you want to do. If you keep the func_rotating solid, the pieces should also be thrown around.

Geez. Perhaps you should rename this to "Ramikad's Slaughtering Fan Guide For Beginners"? :P

Asgarath83, DT., Lancelot and 2 others like this

I made a something like unreal tournament stuff XD
but there is a blue cone thing that sent a victim 3 meteres in the air to the red lasers and it kill him witch chop chop effect.

http://liandri.beyondunreal.com/w/images/DM-Fractal.jpg

Also i gave one npc a deathscript with this. I killed him and he exploded into pieces. This is good for mods were you destroy droids :D

Is it possible to make npc die like this but only if i will attack him with emplaced gun ?

Asgarath83 likes this

Is it possible to make npc die like this but only if i will attack him with emplaced gun ?

Maybe it is possible. For example, you can make an empty script, and set that enemy's deathscript to the empty one (let's call it "none.IBI", for explanation purposes). You place the emplaced gun, and around it (where the player supposedly is when operating the turret), a trigger_multiple (set "wait" to "0.2" - not sure if it actually accepts float numbers - so it triggers every 0.2 seconds, and tick fire_button) tied to a target_scriptrunner, that runs a script that selects the enemy, changes his deathscript to "dismember.IBI", AND, after 0.3 seconds (so, WAIT set to 300), changes the deathscript back to "none.IBI". This way, the trigger will be constantly active ONLY when firing the turret, and it will have too little time to revert the deathscript back to nothing, causing the enemy to explode upon death. If you leave the turret and shoot him down, he should die normally then (that is, if the trigger_multiple is set in the correct position so that the player has to be using the turret to trigger it).

Langerd likes this
  • 2 weeks later...