Blender player model - whole progress in this program

Ok i want to model him:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10634382_1503088096605006_432863093_n.jpg?oh=1b813a95a8b31f6527b423e07cae6beb&oe=5407DD96&__gda__=1409800326_97128d665f0985aac62cc91d8c31bcb4

To be honest i can do it. But the part where my brain stop completle working is add him to the game. I am talking about blender only!!! I saw tutorials in blender but only with ships.
How to tag model and where can i find it?

Pls help me ! D: I am making a map and i want to add this guys as the first jk3 models.

You can import the games' glm files and see how they're laid out, your model needs to be similar. You don't have to weight using vertex groups though, bone envelopes will do nicely; they just get irrevocably converted during export and thus can't be recreated on import.

For now, learn how to animate a model using an armature in Blender. The rest is just a lot of repetitive, annoying but simple work, namely splitting the mesh at the uv seams, separating it into lots of objects and creating the right hierarchy and setting the Ghoul 2 properties. And the LODs, if you feel like doing all that work twice, thrice or even 4 times.

Mandalorian likes this

You can import the games' glm files and see how they're laid out, your model needs to be similar. You don't have to weight using vertex groups though, bone envelopes will do nicely; they just get irrevocably converted during export and thus can't be recreated on import.

For now, learn how to animate a model using an armature in Blender. The rest is just a lot of repetitive, annoying but simple work, namely splitting the mesh at the uv seams, separating it into lots of objects and creating the right hierarchy and setting the Ghoul 2 properties. And the LODs, if you feel like doing all that work twice, thrice or even 4 times.

should do a tutorial on this at some point mr.wonko, your weapon tutorial was very good.Seeing the process visually helps heaps. I've made an armature in blender there are heaps of tutorials on this Langerd, also visit KatsBits for more blender specific tutorials.

Langerd likes this

Well I am a modder and I would benefit from it. A tutorial with typecasting screens showing how to rig would make some more modders. I do understand how long tutorials take and I appreciate the efforts Mr.wonko has made to make plugins and tutorials. It's because of the more pro modders out there that anything can be learned.

I'd certainly share what I have learnt as I go along, it is early days for me. The community has been on decline sure but there still are modders out there. I plan to make my own content and inspire others to do the same with what I learn from you, as your the blender whiz when it comes to jka.

I mod these days, am I not worth teaching content too? If you ever change your mind, I would be able to make some rigged models for this game and release them as would others, I am sure.If I can help you Mr.wonko, let me know, my knowledge is pretty low at this point but i have made some success with your plugins.

Looks like 3h was a terrible underestimation of the time required, since I've now roughly spent that much time and I'm nowhere near done... But I actually want to finish this model in a good quality, so I'll keep at it until I'm satisfied. It will be a couple more days since I'm only spending a couple of hours each day... Hofstadter's Law strikes again.

So I'll have to turn the modelling into a time lapse, having multiple silent hours in the video is not going to be of much use. (I've turned off the mic after the initial explanations since there's not much to say about the modelling.)

Mandalorian and Boothand like this
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too would benefit a lot from a tutorial on how create/import a model in jedi academy. I've learned how to do it in another game, and i can't really wait to get started also for jedi academy. Alas, i'm able to use (for now) only milkshape, and it seems that milkshape doesn't import the bones of the glm models but only the 'basic' model. So with that program i cannot rig models. I have blender and gmax, but i don't understand enough those programs. So a tutorial would be very appreciated. :winkthumb:

Langerd likes this