Carcass.exe Bone Jitter

Go to solution Solved by Archangel35757,

Behaved because there are many things borked with it, and it would really be awesome to do some more advanced functions to make more dynamic scripts. Things like simple math, proper IF checks (many checks, including SET_WEAPON are borked), and just the ability to modify the SETs as new modding options become available.

Behaved because there are many things borked with it, and it would really be awesome to do some more advanced functions to make more dynamic scripts. Things like simple math, proper IF checks (many checks, including SET_WEAPON are borked), and just the ability to modify the SETs as new modding options become available.

Sadly, I've never used it or done ICARUS scripting... rather than "borked" (remember-- you're calling their "baby" ugly) can you more eloquently describe the errors and shortcomings, desired improvements for it? Thanks. Having solid justification will help in our asking...

EDIT: we have a small window here (I imagine Ste will return from vacation after labor day holiday)... so it would be nice to have what tools' source we're missing and solid justification in our asking... I hope everyone agrees?

therfiles likes this

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Behaved. It's my way of modding, and it stands up excellently for most applications. I just push it and push it and it's gotten to a point where I can't go any further, sadly.

I'd love to say more than just "borked" (sorry!) but I'm way out of my depth here. Simply put, I'd love to optimized it for JA, add new calculating abilities, and (in general) add new features as we code them into the game.

Sorry for my lack of technical expertise!

I think what he's trying to get at is similar to why we need ShaderEd and EffectsEd, as new things are coded into the game we want the tool source to be able to keep the tool up to date with new features whatever they may be.

It's really awesome that they're going to release these things.

I have not asked for the other tools' source code yet... I was only communicating with Raven about carcass source code. @@eezstreet asked me to request all the other missing tools' source code-- which I will, but we should first look through th SoF2 and ST:EF Released source code to see what might already be in those SDKs (e.g. IBIze source should be in the ST:EF SDK). And having good justification is always a bonus.

:winkthumb:

@@KENNITHH, @@DT85, @@Xycaleth, @@eezstreet -- are there aspects of the SoF2 code that you want to integrate into Jedi Knight Enhanced? How is the SoF2 view model different/better?

EDIT: We should read through these gamasutra articles of Raven discussing the postmortem of their SoF and Jedi Knight games-- it sheds much light on lingering questions or tools they used... for example:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/131541/postmortem_raven_softwares_.php?print=1

They did these postmortem articles on all their games it seems.

Guest KENNITHH

The SoF2 SDK was released, not the engine though

Exactly, if we have the full source, we can do a few more stuff like mounted weapons and graphical stuff , and ofcourse, SoF2 to mobile devices ^^

@@KENNITHH, @@DT85, @@Xycaleth, @@eezstreet -- are there aspects of the SoF2 code that you want to integrate into Jedi Knight Enhanced? How is the SoF2 view model different/better?

The one time I played JA, I really thought it looked terribly, could it be because there are no hands in 1p? Don't remember , and I think the positioning of the weapon was weird too imo, and ofcourse the models :P

My wish is to make SoF2 something similar to Bad Company 2 in map style but a bit smaller though + adding drivable vehicles like in JA :P

@@KENNITHH -- mobile devices??? I doubt anyone cares to do that.

Looking at that Gamasutra Postmortem Raven article on SoF -- seems that Rick Johnson and Eric Biessman were the key Raven programming.g/designing directors.

@@eezstreet, @@Xycaleth, @@DT85 -- I'd love to request the SoF2 source and its XSI animations-- but Monroe/Gummelt may not be the right ones to ask... different teams, different empires. I could make an inquiry of Gummelt on who is the best POC to ask for SoF2 resources. What do y'all think?

Sof2 viewmodels use ghoul2, and have the ability to swap out different arm models while keeping the gun the same. It also has a reload system and prone for those interested.

I would love to see this aspect implemented into Jedi Knight... but @@eezstreet didn't seem to want... but it sounds like what you're trying to achieve DT... so might be worthwhile to incorporate at least this part of SoF2 (if we could get the source)... It also sounds like they had better AI/squad tactics-- reading that postmortem I posted.