Community Project

Hey guys. I don't know about you, but I feel as if this isn't a community. I feel it is a group. Almost like a group you've been forced into after a teacher forces you to partner up with two other people since your friends already joined together. I feel that one large communtiy project-total conversion, playermodel pack- whatever, would be a great way to bring everyone tgoether through teamwork and cooperation/coordination.

Now then, let's banter about ideas?

z3filus likes this

IF I may state my own beliefs, I think we should make something so outstanding that all the players come back to this game. A full conversion yes. But also, a complete increase in FPS, playability, and memory. We should turn this game into something special. Total conversion, in my own opinion. Of course, this is our community project, so we'd all have to agree on it.

Turn Razors avatar into a playable character, weapon, vehicle, map, texture, sky shader, shader, and or website background. 

Then we buy a lot of gold, and put it with JKA and sell it for two bucks. Then Razors awesomeness plus the Gold Edition of JKA will ensure tons of people buy the game, thus ensuring we fend off the upcoming Global apocalypse/Economic, as everyone will have gold, and Razor will be with us all....

Also, serious about the Razor part.

eezstreet likes this

Hey there!

A mod TC would be incredibly cool! However, they take MASSIVE amounts of work and I just don't see even a large team completing a mod of that scope in any reasonable time frame. We were able to get the ball rolling with Jedi Betrayal, but that stalled ultimatly. Mission recreation is a lot of work! I've tried it several times, and have several unfinished gems in my gamedata folder. I don't know how Wector completed Movie Duels II, on of my favorite mods.

Yeah, we tried that with the Gold Pack. There was even a mapping collaboration a long time back and, well...that didn't work out. It's just hard to imagine the entire community getting behind a project, no matter how awesome the concept is. But I'd disagree with you about this not feeling like a community. We're a group of people who work together to help eachother, talk about stuff, and team up with whoever we choose to make mods.

Plus, the combination of your favorite player models, mods, code fixes and addition really allows you to make JKA into whatever you want it to be!

It's a great project :) , but i am not interessed sorry. :\

also, i can understand a mod \ expanssion conversion for continue the story of another game, but if the story is of another game why duplicate the game in JKA? O.o

example, i am working on a Legacy of Kain mod conversion, but i am working for the story, to a sequel of the LOK, not to the aDefiacne remake with JKA, understood? ^_^

F I may state my own beliefs, I think we should make something so outstanding that all the players come back to this game. A full conversion yes. But also, a complete increase in FPS, playability, and memory. We should turn this game into something special. Total conversion, in my own opinion. Of course, this is our community project, so we'd all have to agree on it.

I don't think one project is going to get people to jump back into a 10 year old game.  I have no idea how many projects are going on that aren't posted about but I'm not sure there is enough people here to do it.  But, as @therfiles people here will help you out. I think the majority of people who posted in this thread have had a hand in my project from getting stuff to work or making something or another. Just start building something and see what happens. My 1 map project that was supposed to be done with by last Christmas has turned into 6 really large maps with a storyline that doesn't involve killing Reborn in every room! 

Just start building stuff and see what happens.

therfiles likes this

Hey guys. I don't know about you, but I feel as if this isn't a community. I feel it is a group

I feel that one large communtiy project-total conversion, playermodel pack- whatever, would be a great way to bring everyone tgoether through teamwork and cooperation/coordination.

@JAWSFreelao We are also concidering a mascot for this community. http://jkhub.org/topic/4477-jkhub-mascot-model-suggestion/?do=findComment&comment=65833