New Modview

Stencil shadows are sh!t. They look horrible on the player models themselves and they sometimes produce shadows in thin air (was on a ledge and the shadow didn't 'stop' at the edge, but continued). What MB2 has in terms of shadows is much better and should be put in to replace stencils in the vanilla renderer.

P.S

Needs more rend2. :D

Stoiss and Bek like this

Would it be possible to add like an "index" feature to the animations similar to how a help file works? Like a box above the list where you can type in a animation and as you type it will go to the nearest match without you having to even type out the entire sequence? This would make a lot of things easier since there are times when you want to view a particular animation and it's one long list to scroll through.

Maybe also fix the floor too? Characters seem to be floating way above it, if I'm not mistaken floor should be where model_root is located or if possible make the model interact with the floor as they do in game using the bolt_l_leg_foot and bolt_r_leg_foot not able to pass through the floor. If the bolt interaction isn't possible then simply just moving the floor up to meet the model_root object would be more than good enough.

Oh yeah, is adding MD3 support still happening as before? Seems like it would be tough since MD3 format's axis origins are rotated differently as I showed in another thread.

Omicron likes this

Would it be possible to add like an "index" feature to the animations similar to how a help file works? Like a box above the list where you can type in a animation and as you type it will go to the nearest match without you having to even type out the entire sequence? This would make a lot of things easier since there are times when you want to view a particular animation and it's one long list to scroll through.

Should be easy enough :)

MD3 support should be easy enough - I'll see what I can do with it.

Also quick question, does anyone use the animevent stuff in ModView? It seems a bit..lacking.

Circa and Archangel35757 like this

Should be easy enough :)

MD3 support should be easy enough - I'll see what I can do with it.

Also quick question, does anyone use the animevent stuff in ModView? It seems a bit..lacking.

I use the animevent stuff to play the accompanying animation sounds.  Any improvements would be great!  (I.e., placeholder for wrinkle map events?)

Well for the MD3 support, IMO is not a big deal, we have a MD3 viewer that does it's job.

I've never used the animevents in ModView, in game I know it's just a config file that tells the game when to play certain sounds based on what animation is playing, I'll have to play around with that sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Not possible without rewriting the ModView renderer, but it's mostly lots of copy and paste from the JKA renderer. The ModView renderer is literally a stripped down version of the original anyway so it'll just be like stuffing a turkey :D But instead of stuffing or whatever else you put in a turkey, you put back the  original bits that got taken out :P

DT. and Archangel35757 like this