Jedi Hunter From TFU2

For starters, this is very impressive work that you managed to bring alive in JKA @@The Punisher and I am very happy to hear and see from you, that you're one of the people around this community inspired. I am thankful that one of your inspirations is me, so that you start doing such things just keep on the good working and unleash your imagination. Looking forward, to see more updates and models around :)

The Punisher likes this

For starters, this is very impressive work that you managed to bring alive in JKA @@The Punisher and I am very happy to hear and see from you, that you're one of the people around this community inspired. I am thankful that one of your inspirations is me, so that you start doing such things just keep on the good working and unleash your imagination. Looking forward, to see more updates and models around :)

@@dark_apprentice

WOW!! I don't know what to say, I am speechless. Thanks for those words! Is your fault for introducing me to your Starkiller pack...

;)

Seriously,thanks so much for those words, you have no idea how much it means to me. I've gotten so much in the short time I've been here, I would like to give something in return and try to learn and work for what I would like to have and ask or bother people as little as possible. I wish I had the experience and talent of people like you, @Seven@Jeff@Kualan,@kalamaray,@Langerd,@Śăļvõö,@AshuraDX, just to name a few.

In the mean time, I just like to contribute with whatever little I can.

dark_apprentice likes this

BTW, it doesn't shows so good in the screenshots but the arms from the "red" textures are kind of "blueish". I tried copying more "normal looking" arms from one of the other textures from the same pack. The textures look fine but the game crashes, not sure what properties/settings or how the tga has to be saved.

Found some good textures for the arm and hand armor. Also replaced the head using the unmasked stalker version from @dark_apprentice as it fits better with the neck armor. Still not sure what (or how) to do with the chest armor and the arm textures. I think for the chest armor I will keep the one in the previous post. Still need to find a way to fix the arm textures

:(

2wd3qsp.jpg

287j49l.jpg

DarthStiv, Omega, ZanderNao and 2 others like this
  • 2 weeks later...

I added some "straps" amd gloves but I'm stuck with the arms. The arm from the original model has holes in the arms and although I tried to hide them with using textures for tje inner parts with the same color as the arm, sometimes you can still see the holes.

Also, I would like to get permission from @Darth Shiftee. I left him an IM but I see he hasn't logged since April. I will see if his email address is in the original model and try that.

I also will like to get permission from @@AshuraDX for the lightsaber, @@katanamaru for the animations and @@dark_apprentice for the head. I think @dark_apprentice will have no issues, but I still own the proper respect.

If I can get the necessary permissions, I can set up the model for upload, but is far from perfect. Any assistance getting the permissions will be appreciated.

Just as a side note, I also added the backhand animations to the normal sith stalker and the Lord stalker (Hoth outfit) versions (having fun with that one) using the sith stalker backhand saber. I will post some images when my ISP service is restored (posting from my phone).

Here is what I have so far with my limited experience. If you look at the right arm/hand, you can see the holes on it. Any suggestions?

2m64boo.jpg

Also, just for fun, my Sith/Lord stalkers

24l21b6.jpg

2wbup1w.jpg

2ynjjmx.jpg

I know, I know...they are supposed to be based on TFU 1 and have only single backhand animation, but what the heck, I made both versions just for fun (although I use only SBH animation to make it as similar to TFU as possible)!

:P

Thanks guys for the support with this attempt! I've PM some of the Big Guns asking for suggestions about how to deal with the hols in the right arm. Hope there is an easy way around it. Any suggestions from anyone are welcome too!

I also looked at the original read me file from Darth Shiftee and it doesn't has an email address but it has the following so I think we are good on that one:

Permission

You can take apart this thing and do whatever you want with it, as long as
proper credits are given for my work.

Now I need permissions from:
@@katanamaru: backhand animations
@@AshuraDX: TFU 2 Lightsaber
@@dark_apprentice: model head

As soon as I get everything, I will share the model!!!

Wooooooo, that Sith Lord looks awesome.

Thanks!!! I just found the model here in the forums and the lightsaber in the files section, mixed it, added the backhand animations from Seven's Jedi adv model (I'm told is from Movie Duels) and Katanamaru's animation for the dual sabers, some tequila and that's the result!

:D

DTIII likes this

Good news guys!

@@Seven was so kind as to help me with the arms! Now I can continue working on it. 

Here are the not so good news...

The strangest thing is happening. I don't like how the arm "straps" so I am trying to them. The thing is, I modified the textures (torso_red.png) and replaced the previous in the pk3 using Packscape as always...but when I fired up the game, it still shows the "old straps".

I replaced the texture file with a backup without straps and the straps don't show, as it should. Then I added the straps to the same file, placed in the pk3 again and guess what? It still shows the arms without straps.

I removed the texture file completely just to check I am not crazy (well, crazier than I should) and the arms become invisible as they should, so I am not sure way the strange behavior with the straps textures.

Good news guys!

@@Seven was so kind as to help me with the arms! Now I can continue working on it. 

Here are the not so good news...

The strangest thing is happening. I don't like how the arm "straps" so I am trying to them. The thing is, I modified the textures (torso_red.png) and replaced the previous in the pk3 using Packscape as always...but when I fired up the game, it still shows the "old straps".

I replaced the texture file with a backup without straps and the straps don't show, as it should. Then I added the straps to the same file, placed in the pk3 again and guess what? It still shows the arms without straps.

I removed the texture file completely just to check I am not crazy (well, crazier than I should) and the arms become invisible as they should, so I am not sure way the strange behavior with the straps textures.

try sending me the file, i will see as to why this might be happening?

I think I found the problem. Even thought the file has textures for both arms, both forearms seem to be using the texture for  the left arm (the arm without the "tatoo") and I was testing with the other part. I added the texture  just to the left arm and it shows on both arms.

qp42gg.jpg

I am also attempting to use an actual 3D part from another model to simulate the straps but don't know how to cover the entire object and as you can see below, the top/bottom borders show without textures.

2ponkeu.jpg

3D model is not working as smooth as I thought, I will stick without it for now and deal with that later.

I have one Question: Seven also split the skirt in 2 parts as in the original model. Which version do you guys like best? "Single" skirt or "split" skirt?

Below is a screenshot with "split" skirt. Please let me know.

21mi89g.jpg

3D model is not working as smooth as I thought, I will stick without it for now and deal with that later.

I have one Question: Seven also split the skirt in 2 parts as in the original model. Which version do you guys like best? "Single" skirt or "split" skirt?

Below is a screenshot with "split" skirt. Please let me know.

21mi89g.jpg

All of them.

tumblr_mv3es8R7Oc1rl4j6ro1_500.gif

All of them.

tumblr_mv3es8R7Oc1rl4j6ro1_500.gif

Ok, I will work on it on the weekend. I was also thinking on adding option for the 2 different version of the torso section (since I can't decide which one looks better).

I PM'd AshuraDX and Katanamaru and asked for permission to use their respective parts. If not, I will share it without the backhand animations.

Ok, I will work on it on the weekend. I was also thinking on adding option for the 2 different version of the torso section (since I can't decide which one looks better).

I PM'd AshuraDX and Katanamaru and asked for permission to use their respective parts. If not, I will share it without the backhand animations.

Actually i'd prefer the model without backhand animations, like the standard anims more.

tumblr_o18lnuek1j1sxi9kdo1_250.gif

Dark_Reaper likes this

Actually i'd prefer the model without backhand animations, like the standard anims more.

tumblr_o18lnuek1j1sxi9kdo1_250.gif

Some people do. I am planning to include both versions (if i get the permissions) like the Starkiller pack I uploaded in the files section. That way people can choose the version they prefer.

I like to provide as many options as possible so everybody is happy (at least most people).

:)

I would also have to include the normal animations version anyway in order for it to work with single player in game cutscenes.

:)