Darth Maul

Just wondering, whenever you do get back to this, are you going to model the little earring he wears in his left ear? Or just include it in the textures? Or just ignore it? It doesn't matter to me whether you include it or not, it's still going to be an awesome model. :D

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweet!

He does indeed. Darth Maul has always been my favorite character; I notice these things. XD

(Also the reason I have two cartilage piercings in my left ear. ...I'm not obsessed. Who said I was obsessed?)

This was the best image I could find in my files to show it, besides the front-view Ashura posted.

dmportrait_lg_zpsff0cb89a.jpg

Circa likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@@DT85 I've been considering using ZBrush for my character creations, does it transition well to this engine?  I know how to retopologize things but this engine is kinda limited so a lot of detail would be lost.

Sounds like you could be interested in rend2.

To put it shortly, you can use normal mapping, specularity and so on to make your models maintain a high amount of that detail.

Rend2 however still needs fixing when it comes to Ghoul2 models. There's the fact of face splitting along UV seams & normal maps aren't displaying 100% correctly. It will be a while I'm sure before rend2 is in a decent state for the average user to use.

Boothand likes this

Sounds like you could be interested in rend2.

To put it shortly, you can use normal mapping, specularity and so on to make your models maintain a high amount of that detail.

I know about all that stuff and such but the engine doesn't really do normal maps does it? Or has something changed over the past few months?

I know about all that stuff and such but the engine doesn't really do normal maps does it? Or has something changed over the past few months?

It's the renderer, and normal maps have been functional for a long time as well as other neat visual stuff. Except for a number of incompletions like DT mentioned.

It's the renderer, and normal maps have been functional for a long time as well as other neat visual stuff. Except for a number of incompletions like DT mentioned.

Are you f :angry: cking serious??? That's the main reason i stopped making content for JKA because i hated the lack of normal maps!  xD

Anyway I'm taking DT's post here (sorry about that!) so I guess I'll work out how to enable normal mapped textures in the engine can't be that hard.

*steps out of topic*

DT. and Boothand like this
  • 1 month later...