Star Wars Rebels

I wonder who the female inquisitor might be. Her helmet looks intersting, though her status raises lots of questions. The other guy looks too grotesque in my opinion.

I still think, that there is no better Inquisitor than the Dark Jedi Jerec!

Jerec-TNR.jpg

For some reasons I wouldn' like to see Vader to fight Ahsoka Tano. maybe because that's too expected by everyone. But Vader dealing with other Jedi before Obi Wan is not big news. I remember the day, Darth Vader killed Echuu Shen-Jon. =)

11173388_1575236489416107_65525898056177

Ramikad and Cerez like this

Whey the fuck do they bring back new Inquisitors with that retarded saber...

I didn't realize it was still "cool" to use a term for having a serious disability to reference something you hate.

Anyways, it's just a show. Relax. Despite the disappointment I'm seeing on the forum, I think we should all just be glad it's not Ewoks 2. ;)

Looks awesome. Can't wait. Rex with a beard? Yes please.

... I need to see this show now. As if he couldn't get any more badass.

Holy crap just watched the trailer. How is Rex alive?

I think I'll be interested to see his story the most. I know Wolffe also is with him and the other clone might be Gregor. At least that's what I heard. But you noticed that they have had their chips removed by the scar on their heads. I guess someone believed what Fives told them.

Either way I am really glad Rex got out in one piece and he is still fighting the good fight.

Although I really don't like Sabine's new hair color.

Major Spoilers for Season 2 from StarWarsCelebration, Starwars7News and Circle of Force sources:

The blockade of Lothal. -
The premiere episode deal with the occupation of Lothal. The main thing is that the character are likely to leave the system and in Season 2 there won't be too much of Lothal to see. It is said, the whole episode is very dark.

Billie Dee Williams (Lando), Phil Lamar (Bail Organa) and James Earl Jones (Vader) are among invited actors. Sam Witwer is voicing Palpatine

Kanan is not sure whether he wnats to join major Alliance, Hera on the contrary thinks it's essential to join forces. This will be a topic discussed throughout Season 2. 

Ezra is becoming more mature is closer to being a leader himself.

Ahsoka won't be among the main characters in Rebels. The story is about the Ghost team, not her. 
The Phoenix Squadron is the team of Rebels seen in trailer. They are led by Commander Sato. 

Darth Vader is an important figure here. But not the main menace to the Rebels. Yet for the Ghost is much more dangerous than Tarkin. 

Almost all scenes in the trailer are from the premiere. There will be 22 episodes. Premiere = 2 episodes.

Now the story
Phoenix squadron and Ghost steal Imperial cargo. After that Kanan and Hera dispute whether they should join other Rebel cells. 

Maketh Tua, the minister from Lothal, contacts the Rebels and decides to leave the Empire. It's not just she is afraid of Vader, but because she knows of some sinister plans regarding Lothal. She reveals that the occupation of the planet had never had anything to do with Industry, but the real reason is the Order of the Emperor. No explanation on the Order just yet. She also says, there are major Imperials, who feel the Rebellion might be a right thing, but hide their feelings and for now they safe. And can't be touched by the Empire.

Ezra and Ghost try to rescue Tua, who is accompanied by Kallus to meet with Tarkin in space. Kanan steals stormtrooper armor to move freely on Imperial base.

The team tries to contact Tua, but the ship explodes. This reveals revels, and Kallus tries to capture the team again. Heroes escape in Phantom, but it's attacked and they crash land. In a hideout of Ezra the reels learn, that the Imperial propaganda machine blames Rebels for the death of the Minister Tua. Gall Trevis helps the Empire to find the hideout of Rebels, which is soon destroyed by the Empire.

Their next mission brings them to Imperial warehouse to steal equipment and shield generator, but they encounter Vader there.

Ezra and Kanan try to fight the Sith Lord, but he is much stronger than both of them together. As Vader almost kills Ezra and wounds Kanan, the duo are saved by Sabine, who makes an At-DP fall on the Sith Lord. She is actually shocked by this doing, but  that doesn't stop Vader, but gives time to escape.

Soon after that they learn, that Kallus orders to burn down the Tarkintown (seen in Season 1) with all their citizens for helping the rebels (like what was done with Owen and Beru in Episode IV). Too late to save the people though. They leave Lothal for good.

They meet Lando, who offers his help in leaving Lothal in exchange for shield generators. 

Ghost rejoins Phoenix, and Ahsoka stays on their ship for a while. They don't know however, that Vader placed a beacon on the Ghost and is now following them in his advanced TIE. He engages them in battle and destroys several fighters, calling for support of nearby Star Destroyers. Ghost is trying to help, and Sato plans a retreat.

Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka use the Force to prevent Vader from learning anything about the Force potential people on board. This very moment, as they meditate, Ahsoka screams, realising, that Vader is the one she knew long ago - Anakin Skywalker. She falls down.

Vader also feels her presence and says «So, the apprentice lives!»). After that Vader decides not to kill everyone, but to capture Ghost.

The Phoenix squadron leaves the battle thanks to Ghost, which is almost captured by Star Destroyers. However due to a tricky maneuver between them, the ship slips away, instead Vader's TIE is in the field. 

Most characters stay alive. Ahsoka tries to hide her thoughts on Vader's identity, saying, she can't say, who was in that TIE. Kanan still doesn't want to join the Rebellion. 

The episode ends, as Vader reports to the Emperor, that Ahsoka is alive, naming her as the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker. He thinks of using her to find other Jedi, including Obi Wan Kenobi (it is not clear, whether Vader plans to kill Ahsoka though). Palpatine then says, that there are other matters, more important ones, but he can spare a few Inquisitors for the task of hunting Ghost and Ahsoka.

Here are some videos for Season 2 (not trailer!). Careful!!!!
Link 1 (Mon Calamari)
Link 2 (Character from Clone Wars)
Link 3 (Rex short video)

Compare the guys:
Be2j0G_laso.jpg

Onysfx and Cerez like this

Major Spoilers for Season 2 from StarWarsCelebration, Starwars7News and Circle of Force sources:

The blockade of Lothal. -

The premiere episode deal with the occupation of Lothal. The main thing is that the character are likely to leave the system and in Season 2 there won't be too much of Lothal to see. It is said, the whole episode is very dark.

Billie Dee Williams (Lando), Phil Lamar (Bail Organa) and James Earl Jones (Vader) are among invited actors. Sam Witwer is voicing Palpatine

Kanan is not sure whether he wnats to join major Alliance, Hera on the contrary thinks it's essential to join forces. This will be a topic discussed throughout Season 2. 

Ezra is becoming more mature is closer to being a leader himself.

Ahsoka won't be among the main characters in Rebels. The story is about the Ghost team, not her. 

The Phoenix Squadron is the team of Rebels seen in trailer. They are led by Commander Sato. 

Darth Vader is an important figure here. But not the main menace to the Rebels. Yet for the Ghost is much more dangerous than Tarkin. 

Almost all scenes in the trailer are from the premiere. There will be 22 episodes. Premiere = 2 episodes.

Now the story

Phoenix squadron and Ghost steal Imperial cargo. After that Kanan and Hera dispute whether they should join other Rebel cells. 

Maketh Tua, the minister from Lothal, contacts the Rebels and decides to leave the Empire. It's not just she is afraid of Vader, but because she knows of some sinister plans regarding Lothal. She reveals that the occupation of the planet had never had anything to do with Industry, but the real reason is the Order of the Emperor. No explanation on the Order just yet. She also says, there are major Imperials, who feel the Rebellion might be a right thing, but hide their feelings and for now they safe. And can't be touched by the Empire.

Ezra and Ghost try to rescue Tua, who is accompanied by Kallus to meet with Tarkin in space. Kanan steals stormtrooper armor to move freely on Imperial base.

The team tries to contact Tua, but the ship explodes. This reveals revels, and Kallus tries to capture the team again. Heroes escape in Phantom, but it's attacked and they crash land. In a hideout of Ezra the reels learn, that the Imperial propaganda machine blames Rebels for the death of the Minister Tua. Gall Trevis helps the Empire to find the hideout of Rebels, which is soon destroyed by the Empire.

Their next mission brings them to Imperial warehouse to steal equipment and shield generator, but they encounter Vader there.

Ezra and Kanan try to fight the Sith Lord, but he is much stronger than both of them together. As Vader almost kills Ezra and wounds Kanan, the duo are saved by Sabine, who makes an At-DP fall on the Sith Lord. She is actually shocked by this doing, but  that doesn't stop Vader, but gives time to escape.

Soon after that they learn, that Kallus orders to burn down the Tarkintown (seen in Season 1) with all their citizens for helping the rebels (like what was done with Owen and Beru in Episode IV). Too late to save the people though. They leave Lothal for good.

They meet Lando, who offers his help in leaving Lothal in exchange for shield generators. 

Ghost rejoins Phoenix, and Ahsoka stays on their ship for a while. They don't know however, that Vader placed a beacon on the Ghost and is now following them in his advanced TIE. He engages them in battle and destroys several fighters, calling for support of nearby Star Destroyers. Ghost is trying to help, and Sato plans a retreat.

Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka use the Force to prevent Vader from learning anything about the Force potential people on board. This very moment, as they meditate, Ahsoka screams, realising, that Vader is the one she knew long ago - Anakin Skywalker. She falls down.

Vader also feels her presence and says «So, the apprentice lives!»). After that Vader decides not to kill everyone, but to capture Ghost.

The Phoenix squadron leaves the battle thanks to Ghost, which is almost captured by Star Destroyers. However due to a tricky maneuver between them, the ship slips away, instead Vader's TIE is in the field. 

Most characters stay alive. Ahsoka tries to hide her thoughts on Vader's identity, saying, she can't say, who was in that TIE. Kanan still doesn't want to join the Rebellion. 

The episode ends, as Vader reports to the Emperor, that Ahsoka is alive, naming her as the apprentice of Anakin Skywalker. He thinks of using her to find other Jedi, including Obi Wan Kenobi (it is not clear, whether Vader plans to kill Ahsoka though). Palpatine then says, that there are other matters, more important ones, but he can spare a few Inquisitors for the task of hunting Ghost and Ahsoka.

Here are some videos for Season 2 (not trailer!). Careful!!!!

Link 1 (Mon Calamari)

Link 2 (Character from Clone Wars)

Link 3 (Rex short video)

Compare the guys:

Be2j0G_laso.jpg

Thanks! Now all I have to do is wait for it to air and I'm all set. Hopefully your info is true cause it sounds pretty good so far. I couldn't get the videos to run, though... have any other links for them? 

The best thing about him is that he's doing all this digging that I don't have to nor want to. So, all I have to do is come here and I'm informed about stuff.

That's why we're a community. Different people with related, but different interests -- sharing what we love. ^_^ That's what's great about a community!

NumberWan and Luckxzs like this

@Cerez

I guess, that Cody might be either on the wrong side or dead. We see clones, which weren't seen killing any of the Jedi, though we might suppose they did. It will question #1 soon, but if Ahsoka talks to them, then perhaps somehow these clones escaped the fate of following Order 66. Did they manage to remove the chip? Or else. It doesn't matter, though the morale aspect might arise. It actually explains, while Kanan acts more aggressively towards them, when Zeb is revealed to be more of a bait.

@IrocJeff

I actually like the aspect of Behind the scenes. It gives you opportunity to see, what stands behind the creations. For instance, the helmet of Darth Vader - bears a lot with the Japanese helmets of old times, and it's not just a stylish element of the whole image. It's also a continuation of the feel, that Lucas was inspired by Oriental motives and tales when he was creating Star Wars. The story was, that at one point he wanted to use Japanese actors only, especially for the role of Obi Wan Kenobi. This rumour returned, when Episode II was filming. 

Or take battle droids - they remind us of African native culture with their peculiar spirits.We might say, that that's not the case with Bespin for instance, but you be wrong. :) The design of Leia room is partially a reflection of the motives of 1970s, with Sci-Fi elements seen in the interior of those times.

So digging both cultural reference or hints on what is truly going in the story, as well as what was made to create it at all - for me is part of being a Star Wars fan. =))) I hope we will be seeing more of Rebels info soon. Personally I would like to have a look on a new concept art.

Cerez likes this
  • 1 month later...

@We discussed the possibility of Bariss's return with @@Cerez. Is there any news, that she would actually be seen in Season 2 of Rebels?

There's Rebels concept art of a scene with Ezra and a lady in that dark suit--with a green/olive-colored face, and then there's the fact that Dave Filoni says he still has plans for her character. Plus, Darth Vader initially tasked The Inquisitor with finding a new enemy with the Force that the Emperor had foreseen--so I've gathered that Inquisitors' main priorities are hunting down Jedi, and who would be more convicted to do just that than Barriss, who bombed their Temple as statement that she stands against their corruption and the fact that the Jedi were the ones responsible for the war? (In a sense, she was actually right. Take Sifo-Dyas's actions for instance.)

Physically, Barriss is quite feminine and curvy. Her legs and thighs seem to be the same as this new villain. She has the same fighting style, too. When she dueled Ahsoka, it was almost like a deadly dance, and she incorporated kicks in her attacks as well, and I see all of that from her in the trailer when she's swinging at Ezra. She also seems to have Barriss's movements and body when she's blocking blasts from the Phantom with that brute-looking Inquisitor beside her.

And lastly, in that same scene, if you pay close attention to her right-sided cheek area from behind, it's olive-colored skin, just like Barriss's.

Cerez likes this

There is so much more to Barriss' story that we don't know. If you watch the last episodes of The Clone Wars Season 5 again, the strange way Letta behaves, the things she says, and the way Barriss shows regret at certain moments suggest that there were much bigger powers at play that were a motivate for her actions.

I'm even doubtful that it was Barriss who actually killed Letta. And if she did, where did she learn to Force choke? Her Master certainly wouldn't have taught her that. I keep wondering what made her change from the passive, seemingly content, and obedient Padawan we see her as in the Battle Factory episodes to the active and revengeful Dark Jedi she had become by the end of the series.

If she is to have survived her execution, it must be because she was rescued, perhaps by the very same people that were the masterminds behind the bombing of the Jedi Temple -- as she couldn't have done it alone, and Letta was no demolitions expert, either. She must have had powerful connections who helped her and influenced her to do what she did. She must have sunk into very bad company...

I also want to know what traumatic events made Barriss convinced that the Jedi are "warmongers" and "killers", in her own words.