[Request] Graphic Enhancement

Hey guys. Before I send my message, I'd like to say that I am really proud of all the creativity that releases through JKHub. Now, what I mean by Graphic Enhancement is...

For example, look at Star Wars: The Clone Wars. It looks really well done and it doesn't look so pixelated. What if we did something similar with JKA? Like, I just hate seeing every work of art I play with being outlined or edge-sharpened. Also, in Kualan's Tales of the Clone Wars, you can tell he does graphic enhancement, even though the edges were clearly softened because it was photoshopped or something. I would just like to see JKA pushed up a bit in graphics. The engine and its abilities have come a long way, and I'm not sure what could prevent this kind of much-needed update. This would be a major improvement, I'm not really sure what it would take, which is why I submit this topic as a request.

So...you want antialiasing? Force it on your graphics card.

Worst case scenario, someone adds antialiasing to the game, but it isn't too too difficult compared to normal maps or anything like that.

Thank you for your help, my game looks much nicer now.

DT. likes this

I like how people think graphics engineering is no big deal. Liek, its jus need coders with time and deh coding nawlege.

I was just pointing out that someone with the time and expert knowledge *could* do it, never said it was no big deal. Coding graphical enhancements is no trivial matter, I'm very well aware of that.

Asgarath83 likes this

*spits his KFC chips all over his keyboard* :blink:

Damn I wish I had the knowledge to help you with this. The only thing I can say is that I've gotten ALOT of errors about can't covert void * to char *. I spose that's just a C to C++ porting thing, no idea lol. :P

*spits his KFC chips all over his keyboard* :blink:

Damn I wish I had the knowledge to help you with this. The only thing I can say is that I've gotten ALOT of errors about can't covert void * to char *. I spose that's just a C to C++ porting thing, no idea lol. :P

Yes.

C is perfectly fine with implicit pointer, boolean, enumeration and const casting, wheras C++ is not. Some examples of valid code in C which isn't valid in C++:

qboolean x = (k == 0); // nope, qbooleans are enum types, not boolean types
char *blah = (void *)blah2; // nope, char * and void * aren't the same type!
DT. likes this

Ya gotta keep em seperated.

So I really like tessellation, it makes vegetation look pretty.  Imma think we need tessellation for models.  And I don't think that'd be too hard to pull off, could probably fake it with some kind of special shader that just kinda vibrates in a random direction.

JKG Developer

• 2 months later...

Depends on your video card.

With ATI cards, it'll be in your Catalyst settings, which you can access by right clicking on the icon in the system tray. You can set global settings, or specific profiles for certain games. I highly recommend using a profile as forced AA can break certain games (such as PAYDAY 2)

• 5 months later...

Well, my anti-aliasing stopped working.

Ever since I upgraded my Windows, my AMD VISION Engine Control Center no longer has the setting for enabling anti-aliasing, or rather, I just don't see it anymore.

In fact, a lot of options were removed. Could someone help me with this?