JA: Enhanced Code Base

hello redsaurus

i love your amazing lightsaber effects in ja enhanced and it works absolutly perfect on win7.

One question: Is it possible to get just the improved light saber effects and trails for single player by pasting the "dll-file"  with the code modification and the "pk3-files" in the base folder of JA ?

The reason for my question is, that i frequently play "jedi academy mobil" on my samsung galaxy s4 an it would be nice to have those beautyful lightsaber trails on my mobilphone too. The content in base folder

is absolutly identic with those of the pc version. The only difference is that there is an apk-file to start the game  instead of an exe file. - you know !  ;)

Could you help me? 

many thanks in advance  :)

hello redsaurus

i love your amazing lightsaber effects in ja enhanced and it works absolutly perfect on win7.

One question: Is it possible to get just the improved light saber effects and trails for single player by pasting the "dll-file"  with the code modification and the "pk3-files" in the base folder of JA ?

The reason for my question is, that i frequently play "jedi academy mobil" on my samsung galaxy s4 an it would be nice to have those beautyful lightsaber trails on my mobilphone too. The content in base folder

is absolutly identic with those of the pc version. The only difference is that there is an apk-file to start the game  instead of an exe file. - you know !  ;)

Could you help me? 

many thanks in advance  :)

the mod was really made for the pc version of ja, the new exe file is required to play the mod, or else it will not work, i'm sorry

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The latest proper version is the one on JKHub: https://jkhub.org/files/file/2550-jedi-academy-enhanced/

I've moved over to latest OpenJK and set up automatic builds though. If you want you can try a slightly updated version with the following minor changes from the release:

• Destruction no longer pushable (but does less damage to force users)
  • Supports other fs_game being set (useful for SP mods)
  • Saberthrow can use alt attack again
  • Added eezstreet's AI workshop
  • Press pistol key to toggle between them
  • cg_ignitionSpeed scales saber ignition speed
  • NPCs use saberthrow again
  • No eweb explosion when detaching
  • Some possible crashfixes

rd-rendsaurus isn't currently compatible with the updated version but should be soon. Save games won't be compatible (and may not be going forwards).

You can download the new version here - you'll need to have the full JKHub release to use it, and overwrite the executables / dlls - also delete rd-rendsaurus if you have it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you a lot for updating this again!

I wanted to ask if anyone else aside from me has no longer been able to get dismemberment and blood to work with the latest build.

Can you look into it at some point?

Much appreciated :-)

Awesome work - my de facto standard way to enjoy JKA and JO now :-)

@@redsaurus You're prolly already aware, but when picking up another lightsaber the crystal will also affect that lightsaber too. Do you think this is fixable at all?

@@mjt That is very possible to add, just requires simple tweeks with the coding. I'm assuming you are talking about the the max limit of NPCs that can be dismembered in a level? Default is 16 or something, but in my game I have it set to 128! I even set it so that body parts don't disappear! As for blood mods, those seemed to work for me automatically. Other than that, dismembering works perfectly fine for me even without editing the code.

• 10 months later...

I'm amazed this is getting an update. Thank you redsaurus!

I'm experiencing an issue with dismemberment. It does not work for me and I'm currently in the process of ruling out config issues.

A big thank you for allowing r_subdivisions lower than 4! I've set it to 0.5 to have smooth curved surfaces :)

BR

mjk

General Howard likes this

What are your settings for dismemberment? Does it work alright in base SP? With default settings (so not g_saberMoreRealistic) only the arms / hands should ever get chopped off because of the npc files. g_dismemberProbabilities 0 means that all the parts are more likely to be chopped off.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

**Bug/Issue**
I've encountered an issue (possibly code related) with the current version.. v1.0.2-alpha also had this issue, too.

"idle" animations no longer seem to work.

Basically, the playermodel just stands there, as stationary and still as a statue (when left for a duration of up to around 10 seconds). The base game (using "JASP.exe") works fine and doesn't have this problem. It seems to be an ongoing issue with OpenJK.
:huh:

I have compared all versions I could find with regards to this issue:

The one offered here:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2550-jedi-academy-enhanced/

is the latest I could find with both idle animations and dismemberment working. Anything from github will have an issue with both. It's not my config as the same cvars are set and it works in none of the github releases.

By the way all my npc files are edited to have a high probability to dismember and g_sabermorerealistic is set to 1. That usually lets me dismemeber anything I like even after killing an NPC thanks to broadsword I guess.

I hope it's not something really nasty.

Thank you for the updates!

BR

General Howard likes this

**Bug/Issue**

I've encountered an issue (possibly code related) with the current version.. v1.0.2-alpha also had this issue, too.

"idle" animations no longer seem to work.

Basically, the playermodel just stands there, as stationary and still as a statue (when left for a duration of up to around 10 seconds). The base game (using "JASP.exe") works fine and doesn't have this problem. It seems to be an ongoing issue with OpenJK.

:huh:

Just curious, but do you have any custom animations that you use while testing? Cause if those animations have eliminated the idle animations, then that may be the problem. 

I can't reproduce the idle animations / dismemberment issues myself. Do they both happen with an entirely clean install of JA but with recent JA enhanced / OpenJK?

edit: think I have the idle animations issue found. suspect it was an issue even in the JKHub build.

I don't personally know what sort of issues @@mjt is encountering, as far as idle animations go.. But for me, I've basically done a fresh install of JKA (Steam version) and I have 2 GameData folders. "GameData" and "GameData2".

My JK:E is installed to the main GameData directory and Movie Duels is installed to GameData2. So, both mods run separate from each other.

Was previously using the "v1.0.2-alpha" and the issue occurred. Then updated to the "v1.0.4-alpha" version, thinking it might fix the issue or that it might've been fixed, but it still occurs. Using the files from the v1.0.4-alpha update and the current JK:E assets that are available here on JKHub.

Just curious, but do you have any custom animations that you use while testing? Cause if those animations have eliminated the idle animations, then that may be the problem. 

As far as custom animations go.. No, just using the animations that came/comes with the assets in the JK:E version, here on JKHub. When you enter "helpusobi 1" then "setforceall 7", which gives you all lightsaber styles/colours available in the mod.. There's no idle animations. Even doing "setforceall 3" doesn't make any difference (apart from maybe giving you less colours/styles).