Tie Facility

proportions are f*cked

check this out :
Star-Wars-All-Terrain-Scout-Transport-Blat-st2.GIF
and you should check this out aswell , these will help you with the general shape , proportions and detail of a generic AT-ST
I Used these ref pics back when I made my AT-Walker models and jsut altered the pilotbooth and weapons for the KT and CT variants

here are further pics of my old AT-CT for you

ctfront.pngctback.pngand3front.png
it's a shame that I lost these models , they could have used some optimization and a retexture but they'd have been a solid base for you

Barricade24 likes this

proportions are f*cked

check this out :

Star-Wars-All-Terrain-Scout-Transport-Blat-st2.GIF

and you should check this out aswell , these will help you with the general shape , proportions and detail of a generic AT-ST

I Used these ref pics back when I made my AT-Walker models and jsut altered the pilotbooth and weapons for the KT and CT variants

here are further pics of my old AT-CT for you

ctfront.pngctback.pngand3front.png

it's a shame that I lost these models , they could have used some optimization and a retexture but they'd have been a solid base for you

Noooo!!! They were so beautiful!!! I would have loved to have seen these released

Use the AT-ST lreferences I posted andm odle the legs after them , then modle a basic ST head (just a box)

and model your CT head using that box for scale reference

I can remember drawing side and front sketches for the CT "head" myself , I'll see if I can find them but I highly doubt it

Its not all that great, I personally rather radiant. It's too easy to make a brush and texture it than having to unwrap a model made in a 3d package.

Your 3d package must have derpy tools for unwrapping then :D (<3 blender)

Anyway, the reason I think working in modeling is better is because the editing and optomizing of single planes is far easier than editing volumes like brushes, which can break and have to be rebuilt if certain edits are desired. You have to know a bit more about the end-shape and optomization of it before you start building whereas in modeling it's a lot more free-form.

ChalklYne likes this
  • 2 months later...

All of it will be released together. I was rebuilding this particular map last night in fact. I say rebuilding because I built all of the map as models, then imported them into GTK. Once I was satisfied with the results, I started over making sure everything was right where I wanted it, and started laying the d_models for all of the "bendable" walls and such. Also, once I get it all properly laid out again, It is all non_solid so I have to go thru and create clip brushes and the portals for better fps. I haven't seen a drop in fps with it so far with everything being solid and without the area portals, but, I also haven't added in the npc's and stuff so I am taking whatever steps I can to ensure fps is high as possible. It is a daunting task for someone with moderate mapping skills. I shoulda recruited a mapper to go thru and do all of this for me because I had to stop production of a lot just to go back and relearn mapping XD. So far, the updates I haven't yet posted are I am about 90% done with the interrogation chamber map, about 75% done with the tie facility, and have started a training room. I also have started the female bodies I will need, have a rough draft of the felucian bodies, started a new set of rancors, as well as started working on the rodians. I would say the major thing holding me back is the mapping aspect. And the fact that organic things like heads and proportions in my work always needs adjusting. Also, consider that even when I am done with getting the map all laid out, I have to recruit a scripter. If I have to relearn that as well we can expect another few months to be added onto the wait time for everything.

So to answer your question, there is no set date. I may release a demo of the mod with just a portion of the facility one day who knows. 

So I am running into a speedbump here... I have the windows looking like this blue line, and here is how the space vacuume will work, but, I can't really make a breakable glass brush shaped like this, so I will have to use a seperate model as the glass set as breakable with no explosion. The triggers will trigger the jump pad and such, but, I am having a problem figuring it all out maybe you guys have an easier idea?

dvhw.jpg

z3filus likes this
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first few halls and the majority of the hangar will be decently the same, but it will take a turn in the hangar as the normal door to exit will be welded shut and it will have a different route to take. I have the first halls all the way up to the hangar almost finished just having serious problems with the shaders atm. mainly I need a shader with a diff, spec, env, and glow, and one without glow. But my blend funcs are screwy I think. I will post the shaders soon and we can get that kink worked out. heres a few screenies of the progress so far... The floor has a different texture on it now, ill post newer pics soon I have a lot to organize right now

gm0f.jpg

2ypy.jpg

z00c.jpg

p7ni.jpg

gc33.jpg

bq5e.jpg

99fu.jpg

t9r1.jpg

vzd3.jpg

el5w.jpg

czp1.jpg

now what I'm going to do is post pics of each individual map object and a ref pic of what its supposed to look like, and we can pick apart some of the shoddy texturing and things needed to make it decent.

Wow, this looks great. I thought this was actually pictures of the real map in SWTFU.

GPChannel, ZanderNao and z3filus like this
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...