Star Wars: Bounty Hunter Scanner

19 members have voted

1. 1. For the image of the bounty, which would you rather see?

• Rosh
    • A generic Jaden model
    • A generic Jedi model
    • A generic mercenary model (Rodian, Ugnaught, whatever misc. race)
    • Other (please reply with your anser)
    • Silhouette of a character (reply with preferred silhouette)

Howdy. I'm currently working on several Star Wars: Bounty Hunter related graphics mods, the first of which is trying to make the scanner, and hopefully implement it as an overlay on the original JA HUD. Any ideas on how to do that would be great. In the mean-time, answer that poll for me so I can get people's opinions on how this mod turns out.

PLEASE NOTE: This is also being done to fulfill a request someone made. @@Mandalorian was wanting to get a "working scanner", which of course would be nearly impossible but we are hoping to script it so that it toggles between two images - one image when your crosshair isn't on anything, and another when it is on an enemy. It's basically the same idea as most FPS games where your crosshair is white, and then turns red when you point at an enemy. Please keep ideas about implementing this feature and any other script-based ideas to that thread, this thread is about the WIP on the visuals. The graphics you see in this thread may be implemented into JA in several different ways as well. The thread can be found here: http://jkhub.org/topic/2188-bounty-scan/

For those who don't know what it looks like:

swbountyhunter_screen002_zps57c3397b.jpg

Here's what I've got so far:

ScannerBasicBACKUP_zps6c15fbd6.jpg

And I'm currently working on the version with the bounty picture and information. Any feedback is always welcome and appreciated. :)

Would it be possible to show the bounty's character icon?

I am creating two separate graphics, one like shown above (which is what you usually see in SW:BH) and one with a county picture and information (which is what you see in SW:BH when you're looking at a bounty). That's what the poll up top is for, picking an image to use, since it would be pretty much impossible to have it actually work for each individual character you look at.

Can always use a very generic humanoid shape without a lot of definition, if you're worried about it looking actually human. Assuming I understand what you're planning, of course, which I may not.

man-silhouette-hi.png

Ridiculous exaggeration, but you get the point!

Botdra likes this

Heh, well yes - but considering the nature of the game and the content in a lot of the games/books/movies, it's usually a Rodian, Gran or Trandoshan. Pretty racist stuff, haha. But it's up to the people, I personally am leaning towards human silhouette.

Also, I forgot there's more than just the "Nothing" and "Bounty" images, there's also the "NO BOUNTY POSTED" and "BOUNTY MARKED" versions of this scanner graphic, so I'm making those as well.

@@Inyri: Yeah, that's probably going to be the end result... well, not that. :P

Mandalorian likes this

Also think about information, there's gonna be names and stuff so I may make up a Star Wars-esque name or just stick with a very generic "John Smith" kind of thing. Other ideas are welcome.

Why use English? If the text doesn't actually say anything relevant, then there's no reason for it to be readable.

Just for the sake of getting as close to the real deal as possible, but I suppose I could do Arubesh. It's just not as interesting for the player, I suppose. Maybe just the name in Arubesh?

So here's just a test. I think just having an Arubesh name looks odd...

Either way, I used the name of someone I think all of us have wanted to take a few shots at at one time or another. ;)

ScannerMASTER_zps1bc8836d.jpg

Oxford comma after Tatooine please, 'Tatooine and Hutta' is not a singular entity. ;)

Y'know it's weird, I was taught NOT to use an Oxford comma yet I always use it, and then screwed that up on the graphic. xD Thanks for pointing that out.

@@Mandalorian: I have the game on Gamecube and on my PC with an Emulator so references are abundant.

UPDATE: I'm pretty much done the graphics for this. I just need to get a generic picture in there and figure out what to do regarding the name. May just leave it in Arubesh (did anyone translate it? ;) ) for now. ModView is being stupid for me, so I'm gonna get a generic human model picture from @@Kalek and thenwe'll be all finished! Just need someone to figure out how to get it in-game as an overlay for the current JA HUD. Or underlay, rather.

ScannerBasicBACKUP_zps6c15fbd6.jpg

ScannerNoBounty_zps6b8c0734.jpg

ScannerInfo_zpse4848c7e.jpg

ScannerMarked_zpse675372b.jpg

I don't know if the "No Bounty Posted" and "Bounty Marked" graphics will be of any use, it all depends on what we can script into the game really, but I made them just in case.

therfiles and Mandalorian like this

MV5BMTA0Mjc0NzExNzBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDEz

picture924.png

Does the game actually call it Hutta, because the planet is called Nal Hutta.

That was bothering me more than Pande's Oxford comma.

May go that route, we'll see.

"Nal Hutta (Glorious Jewel in Huttese), also known simply as Hutta"

In TOR they exclusively call it Hutta, so I went with that.

wow I'm impressed. That is so much like the original content! 

sidenote:I hope to use this model by corto I have been tweaking, I plan to edit a group for the jetpack and rocket aswell (will be thermal det) also duplicate the scanner, have two and switch between them thru skin commands if possible. I need to also make jetpack and flamethrower tags for it. It's almost up to scratch I think

http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u595/Galconer/shot0000_zps112b655e.jpg

Horatio Culver likes this