Boba Fett : Bounty Hunter 2

Corto I hope your new boba model comes out soon! I have been haaving some issue getting the torso armour to show, due to the way it is modelled. I hope it isn't modelled the same way, as It won't allow me to edit the skin how i want.

I'm looking forward to this as well. If only we had a good Jango model too... Or even just a generic Mando model in the style of Jango's armor. Maybe one day there'll be a model but the current Boba is quite nice, so that's a big step up from the standard JA stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's looking really good, maybe one day you'll do some sublet work for me. =p

Considered :)

some more screens.

I am aware Corto plans on making a new release at some point and I hope my work on his older model isn't crossing any boundaries. Just so I am clear on this, I take no credit for his work and will not be releasing this model without his  confirmation first.

I am using it as a placeholder to learn to skin, until then,so please,if you have the time ,give me advice on this skin so that I can learn to produce quality content before release . Thanks to the community so far, for being very helpful.

FETTT2_zps6a421f0b.jpg

FETTT_zps06a238b6.jpg

Kreed Antilles Ordo likes this

Considered :)

some more screens.

I am aware Corto plans on making a new release at some point and I hope my work on his older model isn't crossing any boundaries. Just so I am clear on this, I take no credit for his work and will not be releasing this model without his  confirmation first.

I am using it as a placeholder to learn to skin, until then,so please,if you have the time ,give me advice on this skin so that I can learn to produce quality content before release . Thanks to the community so far, for being very helpful.

FETTT2_zps6a421f0b.jpg

FETTT_zps06a238b6.jpg

Boba looks like he's getting a little too beat up. I don't remember him being that dirty. My advise is that he be cleaned up a little bit.

The only advice I'd give is to becareful of people saying things like: "it's too green/pale/faded/bright etc." You can find images to back up all those claims. To someone it will be too green and to someone else it won't be green enough.

I'd focus on advice that talks about layers, brushwork, and other techniques.

Mandalorian likes this

I'm assuming all of the white areas are chipped paint. Chipped paint always has a thin outline on one side depicting depth. Go through and depict depth with the scratches, and paint chips, and it won't look so dirty like a bunch of colors mashed together.

iske.png

oeog.jpg

e5wc.jpg

Also, get something like FRAPS, stand the model somewhere a bit off from a light source so one side of him is lit well, and the other is a little shadowed. Then record a turn around video of him so we can get a look at the shaders functioning and we can get into some really cool ways to make those scratches and chips and faded paint pop out a bit.

Pay attention to that last ref pic, see how the shadowing is mainly on the bottom and right of the chips? Then you can take that shading back out and apply it to the bottom and left in the specular map and it will just pop those chips right out. Then you can alpha mask the actual chipped portion (the yellow area in that last pic) and give it a masked TcGen Env map to it. That way only the chipped off white areas in your model will have a more metallic shine to them. Then you take those white areas, and in the spec map, make them a bit more chrome-ish.That way when the camera is right in front of him, the scratches will be white like you have them, with some depth, and when you rotate it, the scratches and chips will be more metallic looking and the paint chips and such will shaded from the other direction faking the light transfer.

Just some ideas to fix the closer shots.

I'm assuming all of the white areas are chipped paint. Chipped paint always has a thin outline on one side depicting depth. Go through and depict depth with the scratches, and paint chips, and it won't look so dirty like a bunch of colors mashed together.

iske.png

oeog.jpg

e5wc.jpg

Also, get something like FRAPS, stand the model somewhere a bit off from a light source so one side of him is lit well, and the other is a little shadowed. Then record a turn around video of him so we can get a look at the shaders functioning and we can get into some really cool ways to make those scratches and chips and faded paint pop out a bit.

Pay attention to that last ref pic, see how the shadowing is mainly on the bottom and right of the chips? Then you can take that shading back out and apply it to the bottom and left in the specular map and it will just pop those chips right out. Then you can alpha mask the actual chipped portion (the yellow area in that last pic) and give it a masked TcGen Env map to it. That way only the chipped off white areas in your model will have a more metallic shine to them. Then you take those white areas, and in the spec map, make them a bit more chrome-ish.That way when the camera is right in front of him, the scratches will be white like you have them, with some depth, and when you rotate it, the scratches and chips will be more metallic looking and the paint chips and such will shaded from the other direction faking the light transfer.

Just some ideas to fix the closer shots.

I understand you very clearly and thankyou for the referance pics, you get what i am going for . This kind of help is very useful. I wasn't to sure if i was allowed to post a fraps recording so I'll get to it.

I am likely to make a skin pack, with what i learn soon if Corto ok's it. 

Armour could do with having a bit more saturation, an d/or brightening up, and less scratches on it imo. And remove a few of those white lines on the red thing on his right wrist. They don't look quite right to me.

Wow, thats a few people to respond to. I only intend to release content for everyone to use, I have absolutely no attachment to it, Infact I encourage people to improve on anything I mod.

The skin work needs to be redone, It is still largely based on the original Texture. I think I have a better Idea now of how to make my own original skin from scratch for the mesh.

I plan to make a inter-changeable skin pack for the character menu with this. They are:

Jodo kast, RotJ Fett, Esb Fett.

They will all have inter-changeable options with each other. I have three reasons for this in mind as follows, tell me your criticisms on it.

: trouble on debates of what Fett looks like, It's a nightmare, look at forums on this, It's somehow very complicated as to what colour his armour is.

I prefer to let the option of what era of fett fans consider most canon.

ROTJ is the default as I understand it, although Press pictures of Fett often depict him wearing a inaccurate suit similar to rotj that is accepted although not in film.( I consider that a mix of rotj and jodo kast armour, I can cite source for further reasoning on this if anyone would like.)so...

: he owns all three of these separate armour sets and can interchange them.

: I think it would be a good learning curve for me, hopefully wanted content for the community to use as seen fit.

Ok moving on, in reply to a few posts there,

yes I will post the textures, I do suspect starting afresh is better for me tho,

@@minilogoguy18

I haven't even looked yet,( I will after this post) I have faith in your competence to produce a higher than current standard.

likely when i look the answer will be yes. 

That would be very very useful to not just myself i'm sure :)

I look forward to applying the modding techniques I learn from this community.

• 3 weeks later...