Boba Fett : Bounty Hunter 2

That last helmet looks like it's made out of rock imo, or wood at some places. You've grunge'd it up a bit too much, with the wrong type of wear and tear <. that how i read the material at least.>

That's my main complaint with Corto's model and skin. The texture isn't quite accurate, as you said.

That's my main complaint with Corto's model and skin. The texture isn't quite accurate, as you said.

Also the jetpack proportions and skin map is off, aswell as the feet to big and the "jaw" needs to be made a little longer and brought forward slightly, besides that I am pretty happy with it. I am not very good at skinning but I am learning and want to make this model scratch for scratch

Just downloaded it. I'm going to test in game here pretty quick.

How exactly does one use it? It isn't in a standard PK3 format and it seems to be locked so I can't put the files into their own PK3. So how do I use this in game?

They were in a ZIP file when I downloaded, which should be a .pk3, not a .zip. I believe he made it for MBII which is why he did it that way.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there. I see you have my Boba Fett as avatar, it's an honor. I think Alex already spoke in my behalf (and I trust him my stuff blindly), but you can use my model for this mod and even, perhaps, I could improve upon the mesh since I've recently went back to the model and I found out I didn't like a lot of things. Also, I would like to give it a go at the main blaster he uses (can't remember the name though).

Much respect goes to your model Corto, It is the best out there of the fett. and very cleverly made, It's kind of an honour to hear from you. May I ask, if you choose to improve on your mesh and make a re-release, can you possibly included the flamethrower and jetpack tags found on the default jasp model, aswell as included a separate grouping system for skinners to be able to turn off the jet rocket separately as-well as the wrist rocket. I plan to implement features that would likely require this in my mod.

The model is only very slightly off in some proportions but hey, I am no modeller. the helmet is just off as well as the lower body is larger than the upper unnaturally. the jetpack just seems a bit off, to skinny in some places?

Much respect goes to your model Corto, It is the best out there of the fett. and very cleverly made, It's kind of an honour to hear from you. May I ask, if you choose to improve on your mesh and make a re-release, can you possibly included the flamethrower and jetpack tags found on the default jasp model, aswell as included a separate grouping system for skinners to be able to turn off the jet rocket separately as-well as the wrist rocket. I plan to implement features that would likely require this in my mod.

The model is only very slightly off in some proportions but hey, I am no modeller. the helmet is just off as well as the lower body is larger than the upper unnaturally. the jetpack just seems a bit off, to skinny in some places?

You are completely right, the model falls apart in all those details and even the texturing. The model was ages old even before I released it. It had parts from my first Boba Fett/Jango Fett combo (the armor mostly) I stole the hands from Kyle Katarn I think and stretched the base textures too much (hence the stone looking armor). If I was to do a new Boba Fett it would look much much better, but it would also take more polygons. Perhaps it's worth the shot if it's going to be the primary character.

Circa and Mandalorian like this
  • 4 weeks later...

@Mandalorian - How's this mod going? As I said, I'd be happy to help. I don't know if you got my message, but here are my abilities/timeframe:

I'm probably best with NPCs and sound editing, but I can also do simple skins and shaders. I can usually understand anything that can be opened with a text editing program like Notepad or TextEdit (.cfg's .npc's, .shaders's, .skin's). I can map, but if you want good maps then find someone else.

I'm also a huge Star Wars fan so I could probably come up with a decent storyline (if you don't have one already).

As for time, I haven't been very busy recently, so weekends and afternoons during the week are best.

EDIT: I forgot to mention the .dat files (dms.dat, items.dat, weapons.dat) and .sab files. I'm good with these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...