Jedi Academy... Is not a JK3, sequel announced?

No no no no no...

Disney bought LucasFilm, not LucasArts

Where exactly did you hear that?

Gamasutra

Disney said on Tuesday that it will acquire the entirety of George Lucas' privately-owned Lucasfilm Ltd. -- including its video game publishing imprint, LucasArts -- for $4.05 billion in cash and stocks.

Forbes

The deal includes not only Star Wars but also other businesses operated by Lucasfilm, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic and Skywalker Sound. Disney said the current plan is for Lucasfilm employees to remain in their current locations.

Joystiq

Disney is continuing its quest for global domination of the entertainment industry by announcing that it has bought out Lucasfilm -- including the studio's game developing branch, LucasArts -- for $4.05 billion US.

I can go on and on.. but I think this is enough to prove that LucasFilm and LucastArts are owned by Disney now.
Setlec likes this

Or make a sequel to the dark side ending of JKA and play as Kyle anyway.

This has been my 'jka sequel' dream for years, but there is a slight problem with playing as Kyle. Since Jaden is a customized character and has a different look for anyone playing it, they can't simply create a 'npc jaden' character. If include Jaden in the game, he must be the main character.

This has been my 'jka sequel' dream for years, but there is a slight problem with playing as Kyle. Since Jaden is a customized character and has a different look for anyone playing it, they can't simply create a 'npc jaden' character. If include Jaden in the game, he must be the main character.

Nope. He has a canonical look

I've said it a million times before and I'll say it again, another JK game should be the TRUE JK3, pick up where JO left off, make Kyle less of a pussy like he is in JA and never mention Jaden or Rosh again.

Oh yeah, bring back Jan as your partner.

I wouldn't mind if they completely forget JO and JA ever happened and make the sequel they should have made to Jedi Knight. Raven completely destroyed the series.

Find me some sort of official material where Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy is referred to Jedi Knight 3 by either Lucas Arts or Raven Software, only then will your post be relevant. Otherwise go out in the street and play in traffic.

Here are some references to it in the resources.

Central Servers (source code):

masterjk3.ravensoft.com

updatejk3.ravensoft.com

authorizejk3.ravensoft.com

assets2.pk3/configs/TheMaster42.cfg (JKA tester):

// This is the actual command we used to send screenshots to Raven.  It's on the whiteboard in the JK3 QA room.

bind O "viewpos; wait 4; screenshot"

// All the test computers used for JKIII at Activision are named after Beatles songs and albums. My computer was "Fab Four."

// Activision buys your lunch when you work on weekends.

// When speeder bikes first went into multiplayer, your character would not receive damage until your bike was destroyed, giving speeders just a slight edge.

// The breakroom closest to the JKIII room has an "Asteroids" coin-op. There's also a Sega coin-op featuring the title "Video Game" in the hallway.

I'm guessing LucasArts intended it to be "Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy" at first, but they omitted the numbering out late in the game for whatever reasons they had.

therfiles likes this

The thing I don't get is how the F do people play JA SP and claim to have fun? The game is too easy and the story is so bad. Like the jasp.exe file could be damaged or corrupt and I wouldn't even care enough to reinstall the game just to fix it, it's been more years than I can remember since I played SP.

The thing I don't get is how the F do people play JA SP and claim to have fun? The game is too easy and the story is so bad. Like the jasp.exe file could be damaged or corrupt and I wouldn't even care enough to reinstall the game just to fix it, it's been more years than I can remember since I played SP.

I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, I just like replaying SP games. The gameplay is fun. Yeah, the story is horrible, but it's still fun. I'm just a big Star Wars fan, so it's one that I got into back in the day.

I can't speak for everyone but for me personally, I just like replaying SP games. The gameplay is fun. Yeah, the story is horrible, but it's still fun. I'm just a big Star Wars fan, so it's one that I got into back in the day.

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I like replaying SP games as well, even Jedi Academy which does have a pretty bad story. To keep it interesting, I've developed my own mods, swapped characters around, changed dialogue and all sorts. At the end of the day, the gameplay's pretty good and that's what'll keep me playing.

Circa likes this

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I like replaying SP games as well, even Jedi Academy which does have a pretty bad story. To keep it interesting, I've developed my own mods, swapped characters around, changed dialogue and all sorts. At the end of the day, the gameplay's pretty good and that's what'll keep me playing.

Same here. That's what motivates me to mod for the game, to keep it interesting.

I used to be like you guys, back in the day before I had cable internet and online play was out of the question. Then I discovered MP and mainly lugormod, no NPC can compare to a real person. It's hilarious when kids who only play SP come online and do nothing but kata's and butterflies and wonder why poeple who are considered only half decent duelists beat them without trying. I guess they thought beating any of the SP campaign bosses would make them good.