WANTED: Jetpack Mod

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could use an NPC of your making with Class_Bobafett? Like "playermodel mynpc"? I'm pretty sure that would give you a jetpack, but you could set your own model and what not?

Could explain to me how to do it? I have several Mandalorian skins with Jetpacks. and I just thought it could be easier. 

If not...could someone be able to do such a mod. Perhaps replacing Force jump with Jetpack instead? 

Could explain to me how to do it? I have several Mandalorian skins with Jetpacks. and I just thought it could be easier. 

If not...could someone be able to do such a mod. Perhaps replacing Force jump with Jetpack instead? 

Sorry man, there is no way to replace force jump with the jetpack, its just not possible. Dusty's idea would work, though. Do you understand how to edit npcs?

They're just text files, should be no issue.

Lemme give you a little run down on my knowledge of NPC stats (read the NPC file first so it makes sense):

Aggression - This affects how likely they are to attack you purely without you even doing anything, or to be persistent in bringing the fight to you, this might affect saber locking strength too, and maybe gunner reaction times, but don't quote me on it

Aim - Self-explanatory for gunners, for saberists it just makes them more precise I guess.

Evasion - How often and how skillfully saberists evade/sidestep your saber attacks, how likely a gunner is to retreat/fall back

Intelligence - Don't know exactly what this does, makes NPCs have more street smarts I suppose, gunners usually have it at 5, saberists anywhere from 1-5 (perhaps intelligence has different effects on saberists vs. gunners)

Movement - Basically, how many tricks they have in their bag, or how varied and skillful their attacks are, which for gunners except Boba Fett, is usually zero (in how many tricks they have in their bag)

Can your Mac open documents?

Yes

They're just text files, should be no issue.

Lemme give you a little run down on my knowledge of NPC stats (read the NPC file first so it makes sense):

Aggression - This affects how likely they are to attack you purely without you even doing anything, or to be persistent in bringing the fight to you, this might affect saber locking strength too, and maybe gunner reaction times, but don't quote me on it

Aim - Self-explanatory for gunners, for saberists it just makes them more precise I guess.

Evasion - How often and how skillfully saberists evade/sidestep your saber attacks, how likely a gunner is to retreat/fall back

Intelligence - Don't know exactly what this does, makes NPCs have more street smarts I suppose, gunners usually have it at 5, saberists anywhere from 1-5 (perhaps intelligence has different effects on saberists vs. gunners)

Movement - Basically, how many tricks they have in their bag, or how varied and skillful their attacks are, which for gunners except Boba Fett, is usually zero (in how many tricks they have in their bag)

Alright...Ill give it a try

• 4 weeks later...

Another way would be to mod the force jump anims to what you want then to mod the animevents file of your character to run jet efx from the back torso tag or whatever works for you best whenever you execute a force jump. I did this method for the default boba fett model and ran efx from his jet tags when he jumped, a way to not have unlimited jetpack. Hope this helped. There are also tutorial on animevents if you search around.

• 5 weeks later...

Open TextEdit and paste this:

jetpack
{
	playerModel     model name
 	class			CLASS_BOBAFETT
}

"model name" should be replaced with the name of the model you want to use. Save as jetpack.npc and put in a folder called "npcs" (no quotes). Put the npcs folder in a folder called "ext_data" (again, no quotes). Now create an archive of the "ext_data" folder and rename the zip archive as "jetpack.pk3" (once again, no quotes). Put this in your Jedi Academy/base folder. Open TextEdit again and paste this:

playermodel jetpack
notarget
playerteam player
notarget

and save as "jetpack.cfg" (no quotes). Put this in your Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/base folder. Open Jedi Academy and type in the console "bind x exec jetpack.cfg" (no quotes). x can be replaced with whatever key you want. Whenever you start a new level, press this key and you'll have a jetpack and the model you want.

Note: This is for  Single Player. I don't know if it'll work for Multiplayer.

Areum likes this
  • 2 years later...