Looks as though the jaw could be in a slightly more relaxed state (just a smidge though). The eyes are the standout thing that's killing it atm, they look too wide open like he's just seen what Mr Slave did to Paris Hilton on Southpark.

ChalklYne likes this

yet that damn head still looks funky even after 25+ attempts.  I mean...why heads giving you trouble?  Still keep up the good work.

Because the human head is a complex subject to represent, achieving likeness is even more of a challenge, i'm pretty sure there's very few people able to do that on jkhub, it takes time and lots of daily practice.

So uhhh.. you guys are probably going to kill me.. but.. I started Starkiller over again XD

But all for very important reasons. So.. here is the new base topo, and a beginning of me starting to sculpt in zbrush.. I got a bit better topo going on here, in almost half of the verts that the ladt one was in, and it can be sculpted and easily brought back down to a game friendly resolution. I can also use the high res sculpt in XSI to render a really nice shadow map for him so trust me this restart was as necessary as the last hundred XD Plus, before I started really shaping it perfectly to his face, i saved a copy of just the decent topography and will be shaping it to be kotas militia members. 

io5j.png

e1pb.png

Kreed Antilles Ordo likes this

nose is at a wrong angle , lips are protruded way to far (that duckface is far too strong )

ears should be a little lower and bigger I think

I really like the textures though , are they photosourced and retouche din Zbrush or completely handpainted ?

photosourced and retouched in Zbrush

had to get the right alignment for his lips and stuff and then pained the correct colors in. its better that way so i stay in the lines lol. and i like to kinda handpaint it too so u get these nice crisp textures like here ill zoom in a bit and u can see what i mean.. so its not as blurry photosource and its not haint painted cartoony. i cant paint for shit handpaint without some sort of base.. look what happened to kazdan lol

33lf.png

iv7n.png

Lamented likes this

For someone with a tendency to react very badly to constructive criticism of their own work, you're offering some very non-constructive and unhelpful comments Deviance.

@@ChalklYne , your work continues to improve, and it's encouraging to see you're not afraid to say "You know what? Let's start over." in order to get the best results you can. Modelling a human character - and one with a very iconic, prolific look that everyone knows - is probably one of the hardest challenges a modder can take on.

Circa, MoonDog, ChalklYne and 1 other like this