Jump to content
bigphil2695

The Mandalorian and Baby Yoda

Recommended Posts

Okay, I might see that, but it's still a stretch unless you go full on Chewbacca with his 3P0 backpack

And for the record, baby Yoda is indeed lovable and awesome

Share this post


Link to post

Could also make him an NPC with custom skeleton that follows you everywhere. Useful for SP custom missions and alike.

Smoo likes this

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/19/2019 at 7:30 AM, Noodle said:

Could also make him an NPC with custom skeleton that follows you everywhere. Useful for SP custom missions and alike.

Ah... so the idea is to put in tons of work, custom animations and all. Then on top of that it we're adding to it by having to script in when, where and how it would work, but also in a custom single player environment.

Again, just because it's cute doesn't mean it's a feasible idea. That's oodles of work, Noodle. ?

Psyk0Sith and Jeff like this

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Daedra said:

Doing it how Jeff said would be the most realistic choice.

Modelling the cradle would be the first thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV6h1MSqV8E

Then putting in Baby Yoda and then have that model act like R2D2 in the game. Instead of beeps, put in some sounds of Baby Yoda making noises for the soundpack.

True but I was thinking just set the baby yoda to the side or behind the player and weigh it to model-root. Then it will just follow you around.

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Jeff said:

True but I was thinking just set the baby yoda to the side or behind the player and weigh it to model-root. Then it will just follow you around.

Not a bad idea on paper, and it will look great as long as the player is standing/walking on level ground, but walking on inclines and performing flips are bound to look ridiculous ?

 

Share this post


Link to post

The baby can walk around and stuff. You could probably just modify a Yoda model to look more like the baby. But I think the stroller NPC would be cool.

Share this post


Link to post

I do have a bit of a work-in-progress that I've been working on, in addition to other mandalorian models. I've created it as an MB2 replacement, but I can see about getting it released for just OpenJK. It's 8.5k verts, though, so it's a large boy.

 

Picture here: 

Spoiler

spacer.png

Right now, it needs some extra weighting work done, and I can't seem to remember how double sided faces work in JKA, but other than that, it's fairly good to go. 
EDIT: Also needs shaders, almost forgot.

Edited by Shenghai

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/26/2019 at 1:12 AM, Shenghai said:

I do have a bit of a work-in-progress that I've been working on, in addition to other mandalorian models. I've created it as an MB2 replacement, but I can see about getting it released for just OpenJK. It's 8.5k verts, though, so it's a large boy.

 

Picture here: 

  Hide contents

spacer.png

Right now, it needs some extra weighting work done, and I can't seem to remember how double sided faces work in JKA, but other than that, it's fairly good to go. 
EDIT: Also needs shaders, almost forgot.

Is that how he looks? I recall him looking WAYYYYY different.

Good random Mandalorian though.

GustavoPredador likes this

Share this post


Link to post
×
×
  • Create New...