Zygerrian Male & Female heads

I tried to build my own PK3 out of this by nesting it in the proper folders but I did something wrong. What assembly is still required?

That would depend on what you already did, of course. Looking at the linked files, I'd say you need to:

1) Make a 'models' folder anywhere;

2) Make a 'zygerrian' folder inside 'models';

3) Put the downloaded files into 'models' -> 'zygerrian';

4) Add 'models' to a .zip archive, name it any way you wish (i'd name it 'zygerrian' too);

5) Change 'zygerrian.zip' file extension to 'zygerrian.pk3' file extension (may need to dig around your computer's folder options to make file extensions visible and editable);

6) Put the new 'zygerrian.pk3' into your game's 'base' folder, if you didn't save it there innitially;

7) Run JAMP and find the skin in the skin options.

Note: You might need to also make 'icon_default.jpg', 'icon_gun.jpg', and 'icon_2.jpg' inside the 'zygerrian' folder, to be able to find the skin in the list, some skins don't show at all, if you don't assign an icon to them. I'm not sure if 'model_gun' and 'model_2' are character skins though, I didn't download the files.

That would depend on what you already did, of course. Looking at the linked files, I'd say you need to:

1) Make a 'models' folder anywhere;

2) Make a 'zygerrian' folder inside 'models';

3) Put the downloaded files into 'models' -> 'zygerrian';

4) Add 'models' to a .zip archive, name it any way you wish (i'd name it 'zygerrian' too);

5) Change 'zygerrian.zip' file extension to 'zygerrian.pk3' file extension (may need to dig around your computer's folder options to make file extensions visible and editable);

6) Put the new 'zygerrian.pk3' into your game's 'base' folder, if you didn't save it there innitially;

7) Run JAMP and find the skin in the skin options.

Note: You might need to also make 'icon_default.jpg', 'icon_gun.jpg', and 'icon_2.jpg' inside the 'zygerrian' folder, to be able to find the skin in the list, some skins don't show at all, if you don't assign an icon to them. I'm not sure if 'model_gun' and 'model_2' are character skins though, I didn't download the files.

Isn't there normally a players folder between models and zygerrian?

z3filus and the_raven like this

I still didn't get it to work, it's just invisible in game when I click on the icon.

Maybe there's some issue with the image extension. I don't know why it happens, but sometimes, when an image is in .tga, the game won't display it, because it's supposed to be .jpg, or vice versa. If i remember correctly, the files in the archive are .png? You might need to re-save those as .jpg or even .tga. At least, that's all i can think of :/

Maybe there's some issue with the image extension. I don't know why it happens, but sometimes, when an image is in .tga, the game won't display it, because it's supposed to be .jpg, or vice versa. If i remember correctly, the files in the archive are .png? You might need to re-save those as .jpg or even .tga. At least, that's all i can think of :/

That was it! I changed them to jpg and got a working model. It's kind of dark, but I can play around with it now.

the_raven likes this

Not sue why you guys are going in circles. Is easy, you just need to have the correct folder structure:

model\players\ModelName

BIFJl6A.png

You also need to have an icon file for each skin file.

In this case, you need 

icon_default.jpg

icon_2.jpg

icon_gun.jpg

If you want single player menu support, then is a little bit more tricky but really easy once you understand how it works. In that case you will need at least 3 icon with 3 matching skin files for the default model  and an additional pair of icon/skin file for any additional outfit.

https://jkhub.org/topic/10013-how-to-make-a-singleplayer-species-with-variants/

rVmfNtd.png

Not sue why you guys are going in circles. Is easy, you just need to have the correct folder structure:

model\players\ModelName

BIFJl6A.png

You also need to have an icon file for each skin file.

In this case, you need 

icon_default.jpg

icon_2.jpg

icon_gun.jpg

If you want single player menu support, then is a little bit more tricky but really easy once you understand how it works. In that case you will need at least 3 icon with 3 matching skin files for the default model  and an additional pair of icon/skin file for any additional outfit.

https://jkhub.org/topic/10013-how-to-make-a-singleplayer-species-with-variants/

rVmfNtd.png

Your guide was spot on, but the problem wasn't the structure. It was the PNGs.

the_raven likes this