Jedi Academy/Outcast - Updated Playermodels

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which base JA/JO character(s) deserve(s) an update?

• Alora
    • Bespin Cop
    • Chewbacca
    • Chiss (Bartender)
    • Desann
    • Galak Fyarr
    • Jan
    • Lando
    • Marka Ragnos
    • Mercenary
    • Morgan Katarn
    • Rax Joris
    • Rebel Pilot
    • Rebel Soldier
    • Reborn (standard and variations)
    • Reelo Baruk
    • Rosh Penin
    • Saboteur
    • Shadowtrooper
    • Snowtrooper
    • Stormpilot
    • Swamptrooper
    • Tavion (Jedi Outcast)
    • Tavion (Jedi Academy)
    • Aliens (Weequay, Trandoshan, Rodian, Gran)
    • Droids (R2-D2, Protocol Droid, Mouse Droid, Gonk, Assassin Droid, Training Droid)
    • Other Jedi Academy/Outcast model (leave a reply)

Inspired by a screenshot of @@Scerendo's Rey [THIS ONE], I thought that it would be great to update the basic characters from Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast.

If you look at the screenshot, you can see an interesting contrast between. It shows how much details are possible.

And because there is a great variety of characters to choose from, I decided to start a poll. I'm not able to recreate any of these, but I'm curious about the opinions of others about which characters they would like to see updated.

Personally, I would like to see an updated Tavion model. Her character design in that game was good, but like many other character models, it could have been so much better.

So, which character do you think needs an update? You have multiple choices in this poll.

dg1995 and Langerd like this

Inspired by a screenshot of @@Scerendo's Rey [THIS ONE], I thought that it would be great to update the basic characters from Jedi Academy or Jedi Outcast.

If you look at the screenshot, you can see an interesting contrast between. It shows how much details are possible.

And because there is a great variety of characters to choose from, I decided to start a poll. I'm not able to recreate any of these, but I'm curious about the opinions of others about which characters they would like to see updated.

Personally, I would like to see an updated Tavion model. Her character design in that game was good, but like many other character models, it could have been so much better.

So, which character do you think needs an update?

I rly would love to see reborns from jk2 with new more serious models (not guys from pygama party) , shadowtrooper because i love the design of their armor and Desann

the_raven likes this

Imo, all of them deserve an update but the main leads should be prioritized first.

Of course. Hell, an updated Tavion with both her Outcast and Academy Attire would be awesome. Same goes for Desann cause his look is...kinda getting dated. Even an updated Rosh would be welcomed. The reskins are nice, but a new model would be cool.

Well now, color me impressed! The HD model for Rey does transmit Daisy Ridley's *ahem* unattractiveness (sorry, Daisy, it's just my opinion)

I'd say Alora (especially the Alora2 skin/ model) deserves an update. So do the Reborn, Ragnos, and the troopers (especially the Swamp- and Shadowtrooper-s). Jan needs a different model overal - the standard model/ outfit is just blah in my opinon. Also, I wouldn't say no to a Jaden HD remake, but that'd be too much work, so I guess that's not gonna happen.

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

This reborn for me looks great. I rly would like to see player model of thos design.

J5EkM3k.jpg

This is how a standard Reborn should look like. The ones that appear in Jedi Outcast look like spandex wearing circus performers.

And the fact that their faces are too similar to the Imperial Officers is, well, kinda weird.

And here is something that needs to be improved: character variations! One of the chief problems in both games is the repetitive character design. For example, the prisoners and the Jedi Masters share the exact same

heads. This is madness. In terms of character variations, I thought the KotOR games were bad, but Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are embarrassing.

As for Jan, @@Archangel35757 was working on a higher quality model. The topic can be found in the Jedi Knight: Enhanced section. But thanks to the brilliant concept Photobucket has introduced, you can't see the pictures of his progress.

As for Tavion, I had so many ideas how a better model could look like. Let's begin with that she doesn't really resemble her Jedi Outcast version. Everything on her is different. I suggest that a basic model should be made of her,

which can be used as a basis to create both her Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy incarnations.

This is how a standard Reborn should look like. The ones that appear in Jedi Outcast look like spandex wearing circus performers.

And the fact that their faces are too similar to the Imperial Officers is, well, kinda weird.

As for Tavion, I had so many ideas how a better model could look like. Let's begin with that she doesn't really resemble her Jedi Outcast version. Everything on her is different. I suggest that a basic model should be made of her,

which can be used as a basis to create both her Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy incarnations.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed that! :o If you look at the head textures of the default Reborn, it's note-for-note the same as the Imperial Officer.

And that doesn't sound like a bad idea with Tavion. A base model can actually go a long way on it's own.

This is how a standard Reborn should look like. The ones that appear in Jedi Outcast look like spandex wearing circus performers. And the fact that their faces are too similar to the Imperial Officers is, well, kinda weird.

And here is something that needs to be improved: character variations! One of the chief problems in both games is the repetitive character design. For example, the prisoners and the Jedi Masters share the exact same heads. This is madness. In terms of character variations, I thought the KotOR games were bad, but Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy are embarrassing.

As for Jan, @@Archangel35757 was working on a higher quality model. The topic can be found in the Jedi Knight: Enhanced section. But thanks to the brilliant concept Photobucket has introduced, you can't see the pictures of his progress.

As for Tavion, I had so many ideas how a better model could look like. Let's begin with that she doesn't really resemble her Jedi Outcast version. Everything on her is different. I suggest that a basic model should be made of her, which can be used as a basis to create both her Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy incarnations.

I really hate the direction things keep going - they always claim they're making changes to benefit users, make stuff faster and more comfortable, but in truth, stuff becomes glitched, slow, consumes resources, and you can't do squat unless you have a profile or pay money (when previously it was free), and the constant (and useless) updates are just annoying!

Anyway, back to the Reborns - wasn't the common faces bit supposed to be a visual proof (in a manner of speaking) or trope that they were selected from among the imperials? After all, the Empire did force its military personnel to be as uniform as possible, maybe it was an inside joke on that? What if all those troopers have imp-officer faces under the helmets? :rolleyes:

Yes, the jka Tavion really is different, she's taller - which is the main, and most pressing change in my book - whereas hair, face paint, tattoos, and clothes are subject to change.

As to character appearance variation, would it be possible to copy the jedi_random code for random appearance spawns and adapt it for other characters (after the latter get more variation, of course)? :huh:

Well depending on the time between both games you could just say she got older?

This reborn for me looks great. I rly would like to see player model of thos design.J5EkM3k.jpg

This should actually be easy enough to make - take hapslash anakin body, Frankenstein cultist head and reborn (or hapslash) hood, the armband from jedi_hm tunic (or fingerless gloves from cultist), a retextured shoulder pad from jedi_tf (black corset armor) or from Kyle, or from jedi_trainer, and maybe add a cape.

On a side note, it's a shame they didn't look like this in the final game release - this guy actually looks like a proper agent-type character

Well depending on the time between both games you could just say she got older?

Have you ever taken a look at both Tavion models? Both are completely different from each other. In other words, it's like they recast the character with a different actress.

tavion_axmis_by_stranger86.jpg

In Jedi Outcast, Tavion looked more convincing. Her style could have been easily continued in Jedi Academy, maybe with some slight alterations.

Both games are, in the timeline, two years apart. So, I wouldn't say she hasn't got old enough to fully justify her new appearance in Jedi Academy.

Somebody made a hybrid of both appearances [New Old Tavion], which looks way better. But still, a new model would be great.

Wasa and the_raven like this

Have you ever taken a look at both Tavion models? Both are completely different from each other. In other words, it's like they recast the character with a different actress.

In Jedi Outcast, Tavion looked more convincing. Her style could have been easily continued in Jedi Academy, maybe with some slight alterations.

Both games are, in the timeline, two years apart. So, I wouldn't say she hasn't got old enough to fully justify her new appearance in Jedi Academy.

Somebody made a hybrid of both appearances [New Old Tavion], which looks way better. But still, a new model would be great.

Man, that death stick addiction really got to her.

RAILBACK, Wasa and the_raven like this

First of .. dress her up. This is not an outfit for a battle (Jedi Academy outift is a complete joke). She is too naked. This is not type of the clothes armor you wear for fighting..

Second thing.. i would give her maybe some cool looking robes or even parts of the armor. Why only one woman in the reborn army has outfit looking like this? 

Wasa, Lancelot and Black☆Fox like this

First of .. dress her up. This is not an outfit for a battle (Jedi Academy outift is a complete joke). She is too naked. This is not type of the clothes armor you wear for fighting..

Second thing.. i would give her maybe some cool looking robes or even parts of the armor. Why only one woman in the reborn army has outfit looking like this? 

Your description made me think on a Kendo suit of armor. It's the perfect mix of armor and normal clothing. 

Droidy365 likes this

I agree with the first part. She definitely needs more clothing and a more serious style. I wouldn't say that she needs a robe; it's simply too common. But a battle armor that reflects the style of Desann's armor would be appropriate.

Some years ago, I tried to get into modeling myself and by planning to create a better armor for her. It didn't work, but I thought about something like this:

nv50w5esobay.jpg