Help finding a particular cosmetic item.

So I've been looking around the downloads section with little to no luck. I am looking for a tattered cape with a hood down and hood up.

The cape would look like this:

c72bb9804b87138c1f1b9e6941e1e41f.jpg

A brown color and is tattered at the bottom/sides of the cape. Just wondered if anyone knew of a model that had this since I cant find one.

@ And why is it that you don't just reskin an existing robe and actually do something yourself rather than just bash what other people made together?

All this would need is to take any robe mesh you like, add an alpha channel, color some bits black on that alpha channel and save it. Then oyu just write a simple shader to make use of the alpha channel of your new Texture -

and you're done.

Lancelot and the_raven like this

@ I like how everyone get's instantly offended these days - sure that was not written in kindest way possible, I'll admit that - but after all I told you that you could easily jsut edit any cape you like to fit what you need. And gave a barebones description of the necessary steps to get there. I don't believe that everyone needs to be spoonfed all the time. Let's throw those supporting wheels away and make you ride freely.

Noodle, Wasa and Lancelot like this

@ I like how everyone get's instantly offended these days - sure that was not written in kindest way possible, I'll admit that - but after all I told you that you could easily jsut edit any cape you like to fit what you need. And gave a barebones description of the necessary steps to get there. I don't believe that everyone needs to be spoonfed all the time. Let's throw those supporting wheels away and make you ride freely.

I'm not looking to make one.. I just want to play as a character that has that style cape and hood.

Computer-Guy-Facepalm-min.jpg

Really not surprised that people don't stay here for the community anymore. It HAS to be pure love for SW that would keep anyone here.

Okay to be fair to both here, I'll say this:

@@AshuraDX Yeah, you weren't trying to be like a rabid dog attacking every request and you did acknowledge that you could've worded your first post better, but it did come off as a bit snobbish. People make requests all the time cause sometimes, the models available don't have what they have in mind.

@ Nobody will stop making requests, and they shouldn't cause when that happens, that's when the game's dying process accelerates. You tried to ask and you shouldn't stop. However, I will admit your response to Ashura does come off as a bit...and I'm not calling you this BTW, "snowflakey". You could ask around with some people via DM/PM too and see what results crop up.

the_raven likes this

Okay to be fair to both here, I'll say this:

@@AshuraDX Yeah, you weren't trying to be like a rabid dog attacking every request and you did acknowledge that you could've worded your first post better, but it did come off as a bit snobbish. People make requests all the time cause sometimes, the models available don't have what they have in mind.

@ Nobody will stop making requests, and they shouldn't cause when that happens, that's when the game's dying process accelerates. You tried to ask and you shouldn't stop. However, I will admit your response to Ashura does come off as a bit...and I'm not calling you this BTW, "snowflakey". You could ask around with some people via DM/PM too and see what results crop up.

Well a prime example would be from the other section. "Looking for a model". I didn't see anybody there telling the OP to make the character himself (instead of actually helping him out), but somehow I was singled out for asking if there's an existing model with this particular cosmetic item. Perhaps my original post was taken entirely out of context, but does not excuse the fact to automatically assume that my intent is to bash something together. If someone really wants to know what my intention is, all they have to do is ask, not assume.

Well a prime example would be from the other section. "Looking for a model". I didn't see anybody there telling the OP to make the character himself (instead of actually helping him out), but somehow I was singled out for asking if there's an existing model with this particular cosmetic item. Perhaps my original post was taken entirely out of context, but does not excuse the fact to automatically assume that my intent is to bash something together. If someone really wants to know what my intention is, all they have to do is ask, not assume.

Well then, allow me to ask when no one else did: What exactly are you hoping to use from your request? Is it a personal model, a public model, a frankenstein?

Well then, allow me to ask when no one else did: What exactly are you hoping to use from your request? Is it a personal model, a public model, a frankenstein?

None of those. I'm simply looking for a character with that style hood and cape so I can run around as that character in T2_Trip.

You posted in the wrong section tho, this is modding assistance as in "i'm working on something and i need help because i'm running into issues". Model request would be more appropriate.

That is true. Maybe this was put in the wrong section, I just required assistance with finding a model that had it. In that case I vote to move this to Mod Reqs & Suggestions.

I think @@Jeff once made something similar, but I could be mistaking.

As to the original argument, I believe TheWhitePhoenix already said everything there was to say. My only comment on is that you shouldn't be so sensitive, because Ashura's answer was actually pretty soft, compared to some of the answers you'd get on other games' forums (TaleWorlds modding community, I'm looking at you!)

Lancelot likes this

Yes I and @@The Punisher made him it's somewhere on my wip page. Here are some images to see him.

However as I just noticed now, you were looking for the cape/hood in specific. I don't think that will work for you, as I used vanilla JKA's Boba Fett cape and hood from HapSlash.

Clone Wars 3D style

mt0hrvQ.jpg

Realistic version (head is from Free Radical Battlefront 3 "Unreleased game").

uhquvcc.jpg

imsNECA.jpg

faK4Tdc.jpg

zEHzOQR.jpg

Realistic version 1 (with head from The Force Unleashed, version 2 of his head by the Clone Wars General model).

frFJBWP.jpg

HE3iTkq.jpg

RKxAk7a.jpg

Mn8jRPA.jpg

Personally I love and prefer the most version 2 "realistic" with the head from Battlefront 3 by FR but that's just me :)

Edited by dark_apprentice
Delmi, the_raven, Daedra and 1 other like this