Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

Here is the latest rumour of locations, which the Millenium falcon would visit (no specific names of the locations though):

It sure would be nice, but I reckon he's not going to appear in SW7 since it's already March and the premier is scheduled for December 2015.
It's a long road for us to sit an wait, but they are probably wrapping it up by now, doing last scenes and visiting talk shows to advertise the movie.

Besides, the rumour is that he'll make a cameo as Lando Calrissian in one of the sequels to Episode VII: The Force Awakens. Not in Episode VII.
I wonder if Billy has to hit the gym aswel. He plays a character who's a gambler, con man and a ladies man, well dressed and elegant. It doesnt call for a thin body though....

Suddenly I wish the Sith villain of Episode 7 was the Sith Stalker (from the Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition DLC pack) instead of Kylo Ren. He could have been... Palpatine's Lost Apprentice, or something cool like that. He could emerge later on and be the one to pick up Vader's mask, reflecting on it before declaring that he would strive to be everything that Vader wasn't.

You know, it's not such a bad idea, that Lando is not in Episode VII. Remember, he was not in Episode IV, but appeared in later episodes. And played nicely.

I also believe, that it's not good to bring all the characters at once. This was not the case with Indiana Jones, where I missed Sallah, but I think, that as a new trilogy is coming up, so there is plenty of space for him to come back. The more sad news was a year ago, when Denis Lawson said, he wouldn't like to return as Wedge Antilles. This is not the first case, when an actor says a thing like that, but they change their mind with the release of a film and prepare themselves to be in the story again.

Caroline Blakiston also longed for returning as Mon Mothma in new episodes. She hoped to play Mothma's grandmother in Episodes II or III, but never received a response. Sh could have played Mon Mothma in Episode VII, but her character is most likely not to appear at all in this story.

We can be sure, that Lando's pal Nien Numb is most likely to re-appear in Episode VII, as it was stated prior in the rumours.

Rogue One is actually a standalone movie which we still don't know about other than it revolves around the said character during the Galactic Civil War.Why the hell are they making it like the Marvel Cinematic Verse is beyond me.

@DrXann

I think they are using a different pattern here. I guess it might be a spin-off rather than a mix and all this stuff with superheroes of late.

E.g. Walking Dead are the main series, but there will be a second series set in the same universe about other characters. I am not saying it's a very good idea, but it's worth trying making something new in Star Wars. Their attempt with a live-action series failed (mots likely), so they try to use other methods of prolonging the life of the franchise.

I think it's just a good way to tell stories about the other things in Star Wars besides the Skywalker's and their lightsabers. :D

We might see the very first alliance fighter pilots, and the early leadership of the Alliance which would be interesting. Though I really hope they don't shit all over Dark Forces and NOT use Kyle Katarn to steal the Deathstar plans IF they are telling that story...

@@DrXann

I also noticed this troubling stuff. I say "troubling" only after I saw the latest comics about Darth Vader, which is deemed canon now. It's terrible, just terrible.

But the novel Tarkin actually reestablished some facts from previous canon stories. I am not much into the latest novels, but we will see. And Episode VII might stand aside from these contradictions.

z3filus likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Yeah, seems like they are using some things from the old EU and putting them together with new ideas. Seems as though someone's found Anakin's lightsaber prolly with Luke's hand attached all boney looking. Also, could that be Kylo Ren on the ground in the back?

Two new leaked concept art images have emerged from god-knows-where: First one showing the character of Max von Sydow and
the second image shows what seems to be Darth Vader with imperial troopers, looking at some sort of wreckage(?) images unconfirmed.

The_Force_Awakens_1.jpg

a_RQObw_P.jpg

It's hard to say whether Max's image is from StarWars or from any previous film he's been in. And Vader has long been rumoured to make an appearance in the new trilogy
but this "concept art" clearly shows the older Stormtrooper design from the OT. If this would be legit, then this must be one of the rumoured flashbacks in the upcoming film.

But as said, these are unconfirmed and maybe even fan art,  for now.

However, this image interests me a lot,

nYpC5ou.jpg

it shows what appears to be a piece of a setting, of an imperial base. I gotta say that, THAT  wall and a black shiny floor reminds me of DeathStar. :D :D

NumberWan likes this

@Darth Futuza

With all strong sides, the game is undoubtfully follows the same pattern, mentioned by @eezstreet right here

My reason for this game not being true canon is actually TFU 2. Still I would be ready to see some things from TFU in the new series, etc, rather than believing TFU had any actual impact on Darth Vader or the events of Episode VII...

@zeƒilus

That wall reminds me of Jedi Academy textures, which I've seen a lot as a mapper.  :D Though there it is more metallic and bluish.

What type of destroyer it better not be you standard ImpStar Deuce but a new class such as the Secutor-class destroyer since its "Canon" or an entirely new ship designed for the movie to act as Ren's fancy ride.