Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

@

He looks much younger here, than I expected.

I don't know why, some news post, that it's finally revealed, who is playing the chrome trooper. Well, it was almost a known fact a while ago, so why so much noise now? Maybe the launch of Game of Thrones Season 5 caused all this...

chromest_0.png

Brianne of Tarth (Gwendoline Christie)

brienne-of-tarth_0.png

I just watched the latest episodes, so I am wondering what would her voice sound like when in the helmet.

Also there is a picture of the Millenium Falcon from the exhibition.

11173328_947186615321078_518063420497430

A closer look on new X-Wing:

11169954_947187898654283_647831500348444

Kylo Ren closer look.

11159956_947187781987628_458110348323310

New stormtrooper (incinerator) closer look.

10366197_947187728654300_775125861670849

back

11078199_947187801987626_848324478951048

Some more

Cerez likes this

Gwendoline was cast only because of her role in Game of Thrones.  They may aswel have hired the Hound to play the Sith.

The character she plays in she serie is a coward misfit, and she doesn't even have so many lines to say, so she might surprise us with her acting.
Then again; because of her rather small role in GoT, she may have equally few lines in StarWars and she may be killed near the end of episode 7

I'm betting the next trailer will finally reveal Lupita's role (whatever it may be..)

nyongoasajj.jpg

@

The books have so much more about almost every character in GoT. But I like her in the series. I am not familiar with any other roles of G.C. though. But hopefully she will surprise us in Episode VII.

As for Lupita Nyongo, I though in the past, that she was playing the new apprentice of Luke. This isn't a rumour, because later sources stated, her role is different. It's also CGI, I think.

I wonder, whether we see any relics from the prequels as well. The Clone Wars was a major conflict and surely some ships could be seen in the background. Some fans re-edited OT, and on tatooine for instance one can clearly see a battledroids among other junk of the jawas. What prevents them to include such easter eggs in Episode VII?

Alien species also bother me a lot. Classic aliens are most welcome, but a Neimodian might re-appear as well.

Just thought, that Episode VII will feature one thing seen in Episode I: the re-introduction of the character in a new film. I wonder how would R2 reappear for instance. In Episode I we see him among other similar droids in the Royal ship, in Episode II he is seen with Amidala starfighter on Coruscant, and Episode III reveals, that the little guy was taking part in a larger battle above the capital. While Episode IV shows R2 and C-3Po to be the first major characters to ever appear on screen in Star Wars, Episode V shows Luke and Han as the first to be seen. ROTJ then again shows us the two droids after Vader.

What would Episode VII be like in this regard? Would we see R2 in a new X-Wing fighter the very first scene? Of moving peacefully through a corridor of a larger ship? Would C-3PO be around?

Just thought, that Episode VII will feature one thing seen in Episode I: the re-introduction of the character in a new film. I wonder how would R2 reappear for instance. In Episode I we see him among other similar droids in the Royal ship, in Episode II he is seen with Amidala starfighter on Coruscant, and Episode III reveals, that the little guy was taking part in a larger battle above the capital. While Episode IV shows R2 and C-3Po to be the first major characters to ever appear on screen in Star Wars, Episode V shows Luke and Han as the first to be seen. ROTJ then again shows us the two droids after Vader.

What would Episode VII be like in this regard? Would we see R2 in a new X-Wing fighter the very first scene? Of moving peacefully through a corridor of a larger ship? Would C-3PO be around?

Hard to say where we would see R2 appear, atleast the trailer showed it with Luke.. but if he lives as a hermit somewhere, would he need R2 by his side? I doubt it.

I'm guessing C3PO and R2 are separated first, but then re-united, something similar to AotC and RotJ.  I also think that the new balldroid will steal the show from them.

The cameras will most likely be pointed at the original trio and the new casting troughout the movie. Hard to tell if R2 has time to drop oil and lit it on fire -- as in EP3 :D

@zeƒilus

Speaking of oil, I wonder if they preserve the continuity and R2 won't be flying in this film. I guess, the fact, that the boosters were removed from him some time between Episode III and IV, still remains. Also a classic R2 without anything like that would seem to be just what we wanted.

C-3PO has the tradition of being disassembled, both in Episode II and Episode V. Maybe something like that happens again?

Found this picture on fb. A legacy.

11178224_947559391950467_445097820569764

Also found this fan art for poster.

b4f0871a65295d7e325f5bd93e0e661a.jpg

therfiles likes this

I'm going to speculate that Luke becomes stranded on a planet with R2. His ship is destroyed, and there's no technology anywhere so he can't contact anyone and no one knew where he went. This could be why he has a full beard.

NumberWan likes this

I'm going to speculate that Luke becomes stranded on a planet with R2. His ship is destroyed, and there's no technology anywhere so he can't contact anyone and no one knew where he went. This could be why he has a full beard.

if you're on a stranded island, in starwars, and you get to have R2D2 by your side, would you honestly think one couldn't shave his beard???

Maybe hes in exile after 30 years after the Alliance won the Battle of Endor  against the Empire and has been training new jedi since his self-imposed exile.I don't even know if Rey is actually force-sensitive or not. Maybe Finn, Rey and Poe are all force-sensitive or just Finn and Rey.We'll never know until they reveal more behind the plot later this year.

Yeah, my guess is Luke went into exile. The galaxy might even think he's dead, which is why this evil guy comes about, possibly. Either to draw him out, or to take over the galaxy since nobody can stop him.

For all we know, Luke went to Dagobah (or similar planet) to train with Kylo Ren and the asshat took his ship and abandoned him there.

To expand on this:

Kylo Ren could be Luke's apprentice. The two go to Dagobah to train without interference. Kylo goes into the cave and turns to the Darkside. A battle ensues which Kylo loses. He then takes the ship they both arrived on and leaves Luke stranded with only R2 for company. Then years later, Luke feels a disturbance through the force (his old lightsaber being found, Kylo being a Dark Jedi/Sith & leading the first order) and contacts the person(s) who have his old lightsaber for help with force telepathy so they he may confront his former apprentice in an attempt to sway him from the Darkside like he did with Vader.

It is already officially revealed, that it is Poe Dameron, who gets a task from an important person - some princess, yes. =)

But your theory isn't that far from what they might show us. I also thought, that Kylo Ren is more connected to Luke. I thought, that Luke is actually hiding from Kylo Ren, while the the evil guy tries to lure out the famous Jedi, using his old friends.

I can't believe, he is the leader of the First Order. Maybe more like an Inquisitor, or the role is that of Vader.

Hes not the head of the First Order/Remnant someone else is most likely the mysterious character referred to as "Uber" which is a codename for someone .What I want to know is who is Kylo Ren's master and if the Chrome Trooper serves a similar purpose as a bounty hunter, elite trooper, or a force user.Its the same old villain routine manipulating events behind the scenes kind of like how Palpatine is the over all villain of the entire saga save for the new movies of course..

Just checked the scene, where we see a lightsaber handed over to Leia (presumably) by an unknown new character. I mentioned this creature above and all we know, that it's quite small and is among the characters seen with the main team for some time. One of the concept arts shows this alien, revealing it to have hair.

The trailer actually reveals the face of the new alien partly.

alien_2_Leia_zpsfankzocb.png

It seems she (I think it's her) has big blue eyes.

Star Wars 7 News seem to think it's a CGI character played by Lupita, and that she's giving the lightsaber to Leia. I'm inclined to agree, as they pointed out that the woman's costume & Leia's costume in the concept art are almost if not completely identical.

NumberWan likes this