Star Wars Episode VII Discussion

New Stormtrooper Armor Images

Torso_back http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-EcWSWzpKlVY/VHp62Ybc7XI/AAAAAAAAKzA/2V6a0I4wI5s/s1600/TFA%2BScreencap%2B3%2B-%2BDesert.jpg

Hips_legs back http://i2.wp.com/geekdad.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Screen-Shot-2014-11-28-at-10.33.35-AM.png

Torso_front http://e3240c4bbb5dbc6ce55c-ad08ca0f2adcbd3e04ec4a01e8d48b65.r5.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/star-wars-episode-7-john-boyega.jpg

arms_hands_weapon https://jkhub.org/images/kitfnXi.png

We can see so much, but yet so little. The new armor looks smooth and round like the Clone armor.

What's odd to me, is that they made the weapon partly white too, not that it's ugly, I actually like it.

DT. likes this

Looks like a simple re-colouring of E-11,  Episode 7  takes place some 25+ years after ROTJ, Empire was supposedly defeated, but obviously it's still there.
New armor plus a new weapon, and as we see in the trailer, a transportation (gun?)ship..  it all hints that the Empire is being funded by someone. Interesting!

I have been so focused on the characters and actors -that new lightsaber ofcourse- but I didn't realize this fact until now I just kept it simple in my mind;

" Abrams wanted a new design, looks nice " so does this mean we get to see Coruscant? some politicians supporting the Empire perhaps? something like the Trade Federation?

I also believe Coruscant will appear in Episode VII, at least a glimpse of it. For now we know, that:

Yavin IV another unknown planet (which looks like Dantooine) will be featured in the film

An unknown snow planet is mentioned in several spoilers, though it's not Hoth

Corellia was in spoilers from the start - one of the sources said, that TFA would feature a planet, seen in SWTOR, but mentioned in OT.

Tatooine is most likely to be seen, because it's iconic, so need to show another desert planet...

It's notable, that in most shots of desert planet we see people (humans) mostly. No aliens (except for a small video with J.J.). I guess showing one alien or another would reveal the true identity of the location, thus no Rodians, Ishi Tib, Nikto, as well as and Jawas seen.

z3filus likes this

I like this Thread so I thought I should give some possible new information. Please be aware that there may be EXTREME SPOILERS.

Last week, Making Star Wars ran a report from an extra describing a scene in the film he appeared in with original cast members Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher, as well as newcomer Daisy Ridley, who is heavily rumored to be playing Han Solo’s daughter. The alleged scene took place in “a hideout for pirates, criminals, and empire hunters,” and featured “pilots, some human, some alien.” The extra made it sound a lot like Mos Eisley Cantina.

Now, a more explosive report comes from Making Star Wars. The blog is claiming that a “most trusted source and friend” with “documents proving” it said that, in a sequence in the film shot at famed Pinewood Studios, Han Solo (Ford) is hiding in the ramparts of The Evil Castle when he confronts Kylo Ren, rumored to be the main villain in The Force Awakens played by Girls star Adam Driver. There, Kylo Ren kills Han Solo before fleeing the scene, while the rest of Han Solo’s crew—Chewbacca, BB-8, and the rest—retreat to the Millennium Falcon. “Han Solo is never in a scene after this. Those are the facts,” according to the source.

In an interesting twist, while filming The Empire Strikes Back, Ford begged Lucas to kill him off—this according to Lucas.

“Harrison kept yelling through the whole thing, ‘Kill me! Kill me! Kill me!’” Lucas recalled.

“I said, ‘Harrison, I can’t kill you. I need you at the end of the next movie. There’s this love thing going on. But I’ll do the next best thing. I’ll put you in a slab of concrete and ship you off to Mars.’”

It seems Ford may have finally gotten his wish.

Source: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/02/18/star-wars-the-force-awakens-spoiler-a-big-secret-reportedly-leaks-online.html

@Arachno-Man

What a nice portion! Though about the "castle" stuff - is was rumoured some time ago. And I also strongly believe, that the so-called wish is 90% true.

I wonder how would they put into the film the events of 30 years period after Endor. In Episode IV the then unknown conflict of the past - the legendary Clone Wars - was wisely presented by a dialogue between Obi Wan and Kenobi. The mere name of that war brought in some thoughts, which were enough to understand, that it was something very special for the Galaxy. I wonder if something like that would be mentioned by the characters in TFA.

Several months ago i made a post with rumours regarding one very old character. I assume, he would be the one to retell the stories of long forgotten past.

I also stick to the opinion, that the Galaxy has been in such a disarray by the time of Episode VII, that the true stories and facts have been wiped and people rely more on what they see now, rather then remembering the Clone Wars or minor conflicts like battle of Naboo. Some would even not know, that the Trade Federation ever existed, and that the conflict was more between the Republic and greedy corporations+ separatists rather than just the cloners, Jedi, etc...

Kylo Ren isn't the villain of the movie some mysterious alien sith lord or what ever what spoiled online is the main villian followed by Captain Phasma or what ever the character was who the woman plays as.If you look at the cast on IMDB you'll notice casting for minor characters..The Mysterious Alien(Not the merchant), Kylo Ren and the Captain are the villains of the movie and possibly the sequel trilogy itself.But I have no idea if this is right or wrong since there's supposed to some big news happening in April.

Just come across some information on the characters clothing from the released Trailer, which also reveals a bit more of the plot... BIG SPOILERS AHEAD.

The trailer for “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” shows Finn (John Boyega) starting off in the movie dressed in his white Stormtrooper costume. However, after witnessing “the atrocities of the Empire first hand,” he sheds off his white Stormtrooper armour, which, according to Making Star Wars, is used to "evoke the skeletal armies of the spiritually dead.” Finn ends up wearing a black body glove, an undergarment which writer Jason Ward supposed represents the dark side of the force the troops fight for. However, Finn reportedly ends up being on the good side of the force in the remainder of the film, so he’s also dressed as such. According to Ward, he’s only seen in his black body glove in the back of the speeder after he was injured from his crash. “After these sequences, Finn then wears the clothes that represent his hero-self for the remainder of the film,” he said.

Ward claims Finn’s hero costume in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” consist of brown cargo pants, graying brown undershirt and a brown jacket that’s said to be “evocative of Luke Skywalker’s yellow ceremonial jacket from the end of A New Hope.” This jacket reportedly also has the blue and red rank type symbol on it, which supposedly somehow tells Finn received his costume when he joined the Rebellion.

Daisy Ridley’s Rey, on the other hand, reportedly wears a white tunic with grey crossing tabards underneath her shawl. Meanwhile, the villain Kylo Ren supposedly wears an all-black costume in “Star Wars: The Force Awakens,” much like what was shown in the movie trailer. He also wears a mask that reportedly looks like what Indie Revolver had previously shown. Indie Revolver shared a photo of the mask with yellow lines embedded on the forehead. However, Ward claims Kylo Ren’s mask is simply grey. According to Ward, a source claimed the villain Kylo Ren is someone who’s “not as in control and slick” like Darth Vader.

Source: http://au.ibtimes.com/star-wars-force-awakens-costume-details-rey-finn-kylo-ren-revealed-1421617

Yep, during the premiere of Avengers it seems. But who knows?

I can't remember any similar secrecy around any other Episode of Star Wars before their release. Episode VI maybe, but that was a long time ago, I can't say for sure. )

For now Episode VII is a puzzle for me, and I try to put all the things together - I did the same with Episode III to tell the truth. But it never had so much contradicting stuff in one piece!

Encountered a fan-edit trailer for Episode VII. I usually ignore such videos, I mean, I do watch such works, but am more eager to see something real.

But this

is worth watching. I wonder how they added scenes very similar to what we already know from original trailer for TFA.

Careful though, the video is close to many spoilers discussed in this thread.