SkyLine 2.0

• 5 months later...

@@Sentra

In my opinion, Seagate has the worst HDDs on the market.

I hate them!

On other HDDs, you still have a chance to recover your data before

it gets even worse. But on a Seagate HDD, there is no way to recover

your data once it has any problems.

Samsung HDDs are a way better choice, because they are more durable.

phew...  already made up my mind on getting a samsung hdd :shifty:

Btw the first skyline menu is very laggy for me, and Im playing payday2 without any problems at all...

so if you will get back to creating a new version of Skyline menu, will it be laggy too?? So far I think the best menu is the original one.

@@Xycaleth

Yeah, but I bought this HDD to transfer all the JKA data on it, so I didn't expect it to break in 2 years.

My main work is backed up on cloud too.

@@Lancelot

I agree about the Seagate HDDs after this case.

@

About 1st version: we made the SD version to get it work faster and more stable, so you can try it for now. I didn't have any problems/crashes on my old laptop with SD version btw.

About 2nd version: we planned to make it less resource-intensive and still impressive for you :)

Default menu is the best cos it's the fastest. But it looks horrible :/

----

About doing all the work from scratch: I'll think about it a bit later. And I need to find someone who have the skills to compile my templates into the game - write the .menu files for all the layouts and its elements (my teammate has left the JKA modding scene).

• 2 months later...

I guess it's time to resurrect this project with the main purpose of bringing our community fresh and fast GUI replacement (for base jka + source toolset for adapting popular mods) to work on every toaster (not like SkyLine HD :lol: ).

Basically I need some help with it. As I mentioned before, need to find someone who have the skills to compile my templates into the game - write the .menu files for all the layouts and its elements (my teammate has left the JKA modding scene) and someone to help with making some cool background (maybe from scratch, to get it fully new). So feel free to contact me in this topic / skype / pm.

PS: You can say thanks to @@Angel Soul for this :)

Lancelot, Darth Reborn and Omicron like this
  • 1 month later...

Slowly, but neatly renewing SkyLine 2.0 PSDs.

McFish artwork coming soon.

Some UI screenies - now on ModDB in HD (or imgur album; imgur reduces quality of the pics, still they look awesome):

Main menu:

main_menu.png

Main menu+:

main_menu-play_expanded.png

HUD:

ingame_hud.png

Ingame settings (black color will be changed to main GUI color theme):

ingame_menu_esc_big-settings.png

Ingame small popup (black color will be changed to main GUI color theme):

ingame_menu_esc_small-hover.png

I wish JKA could render that clean GUI as we see it on concepts :(

// UPD: reuploaded the pics to ModDB without compressing.

DT., Omicron, Circa and 14 others like this

I have a Seagate external and recently it's been having some problems. My fscking cat knocked it on the floor and it came apart from the base, and I accidentally knocked it over again, but when I got it all together again, it's beeping at me whenever I plug it into the machine. Not sure what's going on. The USB cord looks like the cat chewed the crap out of it too. Saw a spark fly out of the cord and was like NOPE.

@@eezstreet

My Seagate was from external drive too (connected via eSATA to my laptop). But I never dropped mine from the table >.< . Still it has been disconected from laptop for a few times (rarely, like 4 or 5 times at all), and then 'bam', *strange sounds* -- disconnected. Even BIOS does not identify this piece of crap right now.

But anyway, the new SkyLine looks better :)

It looks very good, yes! I do have a request though. Can you fix the sound quality option? In the base game, there's only two options (s_khz 11/22) but s_khz 44 is possible and offers a slightly different bit of sound

Also, if you could do r_lodCurveError that would be good. ("Patch Quality")

Can you fix the sound quality option?

Yes, sure, I will include this in option list.

But I don't know about r_lodCurveError. What's this? nvm, found this one

What are the recommended values for Low/Med/High LOD distance?

2ALL: would be very grateful for the full list of "need-to-be-fixed" options and maybe some new ones to be added in the Setup screen. Like the one @@eezstreet mentioned.