Jedi Academy... Is not a JK3, sequel announced?

Well guys, my fellow from Reviving Siege have sent me this low quality photo :

This is supposedly from E3 in 2010

list-2.jpg.

Like you can make out here. There are : 

- Lego Star Wars - The Clone Wars - finished
- Star Wars The Force Unleashed - finished
- Star Wars The Old Republic - finished
- Star Wars Jedi Knight III
- Star Wars Battlefront III - canceled.

As you can see this is the exact order these games have been released. So it seems it's time for JK3 to be released soon. 
If you read really carefully you'll notice that nowhere in the whole game it is said that Jedi Academy was named Jedi Khight III . And well, this piece of paper proves that Jedi academy was more like standalone  addon, than the actual game. Looks pretty reliable to me.

Well to be honest RS'Grab has convinced me to this point of view... But what with you guys? What are your thoughts on it?

~Edit
Oh yeah, most probably we will be forced to play as Kyle Katarn once again, since he is the lead character of the whole series, and plot focuses mainly on his adventures.
Grab likes this

Well gents :

It's an anonymous piece of paper with writing on it on a wooden surface. I'm not holding my breath, because this image has been around for a while.

This anonymous piece of paper is actually copywirted, and it was posted  on the internet in 2010 showing an actual of the E3 2010.

It was also posted by a reliable site

Where's Star Wars 1313?

There was no plan for SW1313 back then

Saw this a few years ago. Nothing came of it then so I don't think anything will now.

So you actually have seen this, before ANY of this games was released, 90% of them IS  released already. (my mistake wrote was for the first time)

Whats more, you guys have to remember that no one in the whole world knows what Jedi Knight is, so there is really no reason for such a site to add it and post pseudo photo, since only 0,001 % of players would even notice  anything strange about it.

Remember there are also other games that have appeared not only SW. 

And like SiLink just said, he saw it few years ago. So it was not forged after releasing of this games.

Since JK3 is in queue right after The Old Republic,  which is pretty new for a game, na Lucas have nothing to do except SW 1313 i really do believe they may be working on this game.

Feel free to disagree with me anytime, the more points we have, the closer we are to the truth :) Maybe you will convince me this is nothing, but for now, I am relly sure of my point, and will try to convince you. Cheers :)

Edited by RancorSNP

Well gents :

This anonymous piece of paper is actually copywirted, and it was posted  on the internet in 2010 showing an actual of the E3 2010.

It was also posted by a reliable site

There was no plan for SW1313 back then

So you actually have seen this, before ANY of this games was released, 90% of them was released already.

Whats more, you guys have to remember that no one in the whole world knows what Jedi Knight is, so there is really no reason for such a site to add it and post pseudo photo, since only 0,001 % of players would even notice  anything strange about it.

Remember there are also other games that have appeared not only SW. 

And like SiLink just said, he saw it few years ago. So it was not forged after releasing of this games.

Since JK3 is in queue right after The Old Republic,  which is pretty new for a game, na Lucas have nothing to do except SW 1313 i really do believe they may be working on this game.

Feel free to disagree with me anytime, the more points we have, the closer we are to the truth :) Maybe you will convince me this is nothing, but for now, I am relly sure of my point, and will try to convince you. Cheers :)

Yeah, someone posted it on JAWA a few years ago definitely. 

BUT CAN I STILL FAP TO THIS?

Um... However awkward can it be, feel free to do it until any one proves that this really is fake. Maybe Affinity will find this proof when he'll have time.

But for now, I'm still positive that this is plausible. Whats more, I have another link for you guys : 

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=62147

Since you don't understand Polish, you'll have to believe that I translated it correct, or try to copy it into google translator.

On this site, in september 2011 was posted that LucasFilm is recruiting to three games : First Person Shooter , Flying action something, (don't know how to translate powietrzna gra akcji Star Wars Starfighter is from this genre) , and Action-Adventure. 

It was almost two years ago, so FPS is most probably SW 1313, Flying Action MAY  be this whole SW First Assault, and Action-Adventure MAY be JK3.

Not any proof but, its another piece of puzzle. These may refer to completely different titles of course.

@@minilogoguy18 Of course there is a great possibility that IF this game will be released, it will be screwed badly and have some stupid engine that will make it almost impossible to mod. But lets hope for the best.

A sequel to the JK series will never happen, for 2 reasons:

1. Raven Studios, the ones who were in charge of the series, no longer exists.

2. LucusArts doesn't see a reason to make a sequel.

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I suspect that the page is not entirely correct. Also Jedi Academy is JK3. It's the third in the JK series, and it has been for quite awhile.

A sequel to the JK series will never happen, for 2 reasons:

Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I suspect that the page is not entirely correct. Also Jedi Academy is JK3. It's the third in the JK series, and it has been for quite awhile.

1. Raven Studios only had rights to the Star Wars mark till 2004, that's why they released JKA even though it was not completed. Raven studios have nothing to do with it, they don't have to be developers of every game from  Jedi Knight. (Eg. Heroes of might and magic, 3 or 4 different studios worked on it?)

2. Well... This argument is nothing until you can show us some proof, and as we all know Lucas Arts generally don't care about  e-mails they receive, so I doubt you will show us any.

and yeah, I was going with same stuff as you... But show me one official info where Jedi Academy is reffered as JK3, you will not find such info : In game, in the guide book added to the original CD from 2003, nor on its box.

Just because it was released after Outcast don't make it next part. 

Another Eg. The Elder Scrolls 3 : Morrowind is actually fifth game of the Elder Scrolls Series. (Just in case you are unfamiliar with that title, that makes Skyrim TESVII) But Redguard and Battlespire, were not officaly named TESIII, so Morrowind took this title.

I'd play it if it were ever released, without a doubt. I'm not really bothered whether or not the above image is fake. However, what @@RancorSNP said intrigued me, so I did in fact take a look through my manuals to see how the games were officially titled.

• Star Wars Dark Forces
  • Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
  • Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
There was no mention of Jedi Academy as a Jedi Knight III, which was pretty interesting. Like Mysteries of the Sith, there's no number in the title anywhere. Maybe Jedi Academy was considered to be some kind of add-on. I didn't really look into this kind of thing at the time the game was released. I'm not holding out for another installment of the series, but as I said, I'd certainly play it if one came along. As for the comment "there's no reason for Lucasarts to make it", my counter-argument would be that there's no real reason not to. All of the games in the series thus far have been pretty successful. Besides, it's not as if the story was wrapped up at the end of Jedi Academy.

Summary: I don't really care if the picture is fake or not. I'd be interested in a new game. I just hope that if one ever comes along, you'll be able to mod it to the extent you can mod Jedi Academy.

EDIT: Presuming the game were set around the story-lines of the characters we're already familiar with, I'd not be adverse to seeing what Kyle Katarn and Jan Ors would look like in HD. I want to see a space combat level with the Raven's Claw. It'd be interesting to play some levels from Jan's perspective.

Hello

I know that E3 image was shown 3 years ago, but i wasn't playing jka for 3 years, so i didn't see that.

Something about august LucasArts was looking for game programmers:

FPS

Adventure FPS(wtf is this)

Air action

SW 1313 have own programmes so:
First game is SW: First Assault;

starwarsfirstassault225.jpg

Second is maybe new X-Wing?

What is third game? Why LucasArts bought JK3 title?

Dark Forces and Jedi Knight series are about Kyle Katarn, and how we know(or not) JKA isn't end of his story. So new JK can be.

http://www.ravensoft.com/

I'm not so sure, and LucasArts is developer too.

Money?

Obsidian Entertainment want's to make new SW game. LucasArts need money.

Personally i think Kyle's story is good stuff for X-XII episodes.

I think new JK is comming in 2 years, cuz they making a lot of games now.

PS: My english sux, so don't rage :)

Then look at it this way:

• Raven Studios looks as if they are busy with the CoD franchise. Also, keep in mind they lost interest with JKA and stopped supporting the game (though servers exist, obviously)

• LucusArts is planning to release other games that will bring them income, and what's interesting is that the majority of gamers are looking for a FPS feeling to Star Wars rather then JKA's "slash&clash" feel (why The Force Unleashed was considered unpopular)

• If that list is legit and there was a proposed "JK3", then it would most likely was cancelled due to lack of interest. (SWBF3 was the same deal, it was announced, but the company lost interest in it's development and released a watered down version to the PSP)

• When I said that Raven Studios "no longer exist", I meant that they no longer wish to associate themselves with the Star Wars franchise, cause their association with CoD is earning them more money.

• Also, the new game that Obsidian wants to develop I believe is to be related to The Old Republic, not to JKA. (I call DLC).

EDIT: Raven did help develop it, btw. They gave up the rights to JKA because they wanted to move on to other projects.

The list is from 2 years ago. If they had planned to announce a sequel to JKA, they would have released it by now.

I don't think that a developer can "decide" to make a SW-game. isn't it more like LucasArts (or now Disney) decide to make a new SW-game and then search for possible development-studios?

Also, I think it's interesting how LucasArts don't even list Jedi Knight on the "games" tab on their page anymore (http://www.lucasarts.com/) and also not on their forums (http://forums.lucasarts.com/index.jspa) while they still list Battlefront and other old games. So I highly doubt they are still interested in this series, even though I think the sales weren't too bad for Jedi Knight 2 and Academy.

Sithani likes this

Just figured I'd say.. that with Disney owning Star Wars now its actually more likely we'll see a new Jedi Knight game.

Its more likely someone at Disney grew up on the games, but there's no proof of that sadly.

Also, whether the image is fake or not I'll still wait for a new Jedi Knight game.. hope for the best, expect the worst.

As for JKA being considered JK3.. it really shouldn't be. If anything, Jedi Academy is an expansion of Jedi Outcast.

Though I must say.. if they come out with a new one, it'll most likely not be as easy to mod. :/

Raven Software does still care a little about Jedi Knight games. In fact, most of the people I've spoken to more or less said that it was the best game that they had ever worked on.

However, don't let the absence of Raven Software concern you about future Jedi Knight games, since LA made JK1 already, mind you. You know what I find suspicious though? A very popular character in the EU (Kyle) is literally wiped off the face of the earth from future canon entries (not mentioned post 2005 or so), and they're making a new movie which goes straight into the same timeline as when said character would be big. You know, Lucas did something similar to this earlier..Coruscant instantly comes to mind. Though in Coruscant's case, it was kept hush-hush for a shorter length of time than when Kyle would be.

If they put Kyle into the new series of movies, you can almost certainly expect a new Jedi Knight game. Hopefully if they don't give him the Prequel treatment (turning him into a mindless, emotionless, indescribable BLAH character), he'll do good in the new ones as well. It's a perfect storm for things to go well in the new movies, so I doubt that will happen.

Ryojin and therfiles like this

Um... However awkward can it be, feel free to do it until any one proves that this really is fake. Maybe Affinity will find this proof when he'll have time.

But for now, I'm still positive that this is plausible. Whats more, I have another link for you guys : 

http://www.gry-online.pl/S013.asp?ID=62147

Since you don't understand Polish, you'll have to believe that I translated it correct, or try to copy it into google translator.

On this site, in september 2011 was posted that LucasFilm is recruiting to three games : First Person Shooter , Flying action something, (don't know how to translate powietrzna gra akcji Star Wars Starfighter is from this genre) , and Action-Adventure. 

It was almost two years ago, so FPS is most probably SW 1313, Flying Action MAY  be this whole SW First Assault, and Action-Adventure MAY be JK3.

Not any proof but, its another piece of puzzle. These may refer to completely different titles of course.

@@minilogoguy18 Of course there is a great possibility that IF this game will be released, it will be screwed badly and have some stupid engine that will make it almost impossible to mod. But lets hope for the best.

1313 is not going to be a FPS, the gameplay at E3 last year showed third person gameplay.

First assault is going to be an FPS I believe. I can't remember where I read it. It's going to be similar to Battlefront but strictly first person, playing as Stormtroopers or Rebels.

And it's strictly for Xbox Live Arcade.