Secret Santa 2016
It's that time of year again! The holidays! Every year we try to put on some kind of event related to Christmas, since that's the majority of what people celebrate around here. If you celebrate something else, you can still get into the spirit of giving by participating in this year's holiday event!
Secret Santa is back!
We've done a Secret Santa event in the past (maybe a couple times?) and it went well, so we're trying it again this year! If you're unfamiliar with how Secret Santa works, basically you get the name of a person participating and you must create a mod or graphic of some kind for that person. They can choose to provide a list of items they want, and you can choose to make something from that list or not. Some more details below.
- You must be a registered member.
- You must be able to create a mod in JKA or JK2 of some kind or a graphic (signature, wallpaper, etc), even if it's something really simple.
- You must sign up, by sending a PM to the Secret Santa account, saying you're participating and/or a list of what you want.
- You must have the time and motivation to complete your gift on time.
- You must sign up by December 1st.
- You will receive a PM from that same account containing the person and their list, on December 2nd.
- You will have until December 23rd to submit your gifts to the Secret Santa account via PM, once again.
- You will receive your gift on Christmas Day, December 25th.
What should you ask for?
It's better to make a list of simple things that people can make, not things that you've been spamming the requests forum with. If you put "make me JK4" or "i just want rend2" obviously that won't happen. Here are some examples:
- a forum avatar or signature
- a mod of Rosh saying everything backwards
- a JKA-related wallpaper
- a giant toothbrush saber model
- a mod that replaces the chat icon with a Christmas wreath
- a simple code mod
What should you NOT ask for?
- JK4 (seriously people...)
- a new playermodel of some character
- a huge map (small maps might be okay, depends)
- some kind of mod that involves heavy coding
- a mod that makes "Circa" replace every mention of "Rosh"
Bottom line: don't ask for something that would take months or years to make. If you don't have time to make something elaborate, your secret santa won't either.
If you fail to make your gift, you force the staff to scrounge up something last-minute, which isn't cool, so please make sure to make something. Also, no physical or monetary gifts or address exchanging for this. Mods and graphics only.
And again: you can only participate if you can create a gift too. If you can't you will be denied entry into the Santa zone.
That should cover it, so if you're up for it, sign up and get your list in!