where i can find TFU expansion pack?

Sorry if i disturb.

years ago i played with old KOTF (yes, the version with "malware" -.- , but i know now there is a new KOTF for JKA without malware! Yeah! :D ) and i was really happy when i found these expansion:

that recreate a single player campaign for make on JA The force unleashed game, that's only for xbox and not for pc for what i know.

i have not an xbox and i haven not more this expansion so i was wondering if someone on JKHUB know where i can re-download the demo with kashyyyk levels.

i ask also for another motivation. by months i was trying to archive a code work on open jk single player about space combat mod (like asteroid and siege destroyer, but for single player) so i was working on an AI for fighters and playable fighters.

on the TFU mod of old KOTF there was a nice fighter battle:

on fifth minutes of this video you can see vader on a tie fighter against jedi starfighters.

i am curios to find and get the assets of this mod also for study how work this fighter combat, for my coding project. thanks for every help or answer.

@@Asgarath83

I would consider this addon as lost. TimFx uploaded the file on a site that is no longer active, and he didn't bother to upload it on platforms such as FileFront or ModDB (maybe because of the mod's reputation).

If this pack is really lost, I suggest you to take what is on the video as an example, and create an even better version of what he did.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ad39x3cn02dh5o2/KotF_TFU.zip

Happened to have the original installer and readme on my hard drive, put it in a zip, uploaded to MediaFire and bam

You saved the day! I posted a link to a torrent download (removed it now), but this is even better. No other site had this pack. And the only site I know is already offline.

It would be cool to see a remastered version of this mission, which could be included to KotF 2.1 some time.

You saved the day! I posted a link to a torrent download (removed it now), but this is even better. No other site had this pack. And the only site I know is already offline.

It would be cool to see a remastered version of this mission, which could be included to KotF 2.1 some time.

i Agree, we should contact KOTF2.0 staff for asking this. Lancelot, many thanks for answer.

@@swegmaster thanks for your upload! now peoples can play again it (should work also on kotf 2? ) and i can study assets of mod for see how work this map and these fighters. i wanna see if they are moved by roff or by some code did at the time by mod creator (but i doubt these because SP source code was not again released )

Sorry if i disturb.

years ago i played with old KOTF (yes, the version with "malware" -.- , but i know now there is a new KOTF for JKA without malware! Yeah! :D ) and i was really happy when i found these expansion:

that recreate a single player campaign for make on JA The force unleashed game, that's only for xbox and not for pc for what i know.

i have not an xbox and i haven not more this expansion so i was wondering if someone on JKHUB know where i can re-download the demo with kashyyyk levels.

i ask also for another motivation. by months i was trying to archive a code work on open jk single player about space combat mod (like asteroid and siege destroyer, but for single player) so i was working on an AI for fighters and playable fighters.

on the TFU mod of old KOTF there was a nice fighter battle:

on fifth minutes of this video you can see vader on a tie fighter against jedi starfighters.

i am curios to find and get the assets of this mod also for study how work this fighter combat, for my coding project. thanks for every help or answer.

I wouldn't call it a "nice" battle against those starfighters (flying a way too fast TIE fighter against a few Jedi Starfighters which fly around in a 4 meters area isn't really exciting), but yeah, at least it was an attempt to make a much welcome vehicle dogfight.

Looking at the video, I found some things that could need some work. There is a lot of potential here.

I make some suggestions. I don't know if any of them are possible:

- The lighting of the map should be tweaked. It should be a little bit more vibrant.

- There should be more enemy types. It doesn't necessarily have to be different wookiees or rebel soldiers, just

characters that bring more variety. I only see the same wookiees getting thrown around over and over again. Where is the challenge there?

- A pilot should fly the TIE-Fighter. It makes little sense that Darth Vader lands on Kashyyyk to track down a Jedi, only to interrupt his mission to

casually fly around and destroy some starfighters. Maybe with some clever scripting, the player could switch from Darth Vader to a TIE-Pilot.

Vader could still fight in the background while you are flying the TIE-Fighter.

Like I said, with some tweaks here and there, this could be an amazing mission for KotF 2.1 (after the beta release of course). What do you think, @@Linken and @@Fire Phoenix?

I wouldn't call it a "nice" battle against those starfighters (flying a way too fast TIE fighter against a few Jedi Starfighters which fly around in a 4 meters area isn't really exciting), but yeah, at least it was an attempt to make a much welcome vehicle dogfight.

Yes, i now... when i played the part, i get some headache and head flips. lol fighter turn too fast, battle space is too small.

but this can be improved. what i am interessed is how to recreate this on JKA or OPENJK. for that, i will need to check the decompiled map, scripts, assets, etc for see how was work this thing.

but is only a start point. 1 years ago i coded a fighter AI very primitive merging boba fett and sentry AI but with potentializy. it miss just the dogfight flight manouvre. i not know how to program with vectors and the other way to do that shoul call on the code the roff files on t3_byss script about tie fighter battle. but i was thinking also to other solution and i remembered of this mod and of that battle.

i hope to discover some useful.

• 2 months later...

yeah but the pc port was shit very very bad optimized

That is a common thing with console ports. And The Ultimate Sith Edition ran just fine on my old pc from 2007. Which wasn't even built for gaming. So it really wasn't that bad, nowadays I am mostly bothered by the fact, that it's locked to 30 FPS.

The F3R0X likes this
  • 3 years later...
On 12/22/2017 at 4:46 AM, Basil Bonehead said:

despite not having the installers anymore, i still have a majority of those expansions for the original KOTF

Could you upload all the expansions to mediafire? I've been looking them for a long time but I can't find them anywhere, I only found the one from the order 66 and this one from TFU

On 3/4/2022 at 2:32 AM, Changolethal said:

Could you upload all the expansions to mediafire? I've been looking them for a long time but I can't find them anywhere, I only found the one from the order 66 and this one from TFU

As far as I know, this is the only expansion from the old KotF. Anything else was just a collection of save files for custom missions.

I highly recommend Galactic Legacy, which started as a continuation of KotF but has then into a standalone mod. Trust me, it's way better than anything you've ever seen from KotF.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/swgl/downloads/star-wars-galactic-legacy-part-1-of-2

Changolethal likes this

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ht4qmot4mej4xvn/KOTFexpansions.rar/file

Here you go, here's what I have.

As @Lancelothas said: they're not all that special, they're just a collection of save games. Some are more well done than others with interesting premises but then there are some that just trash and unfun to play but if you have a copy of KOTF 2.0 and a lot of time to kill, give them a shot.

Or don't. I'm not the boss of you

You're better off playing Galactic Legacy because the concept of making unique missions based off the movies, games, etc. is more realized there. It does what KOTF tried to do, this time with a team of people who have the knowledge and skills to pull it off.

Changolethal, Lancelot and Smoo like this
  • 11 months later...
On 12/22/2017 at 10:49 AM, TicNoel501 said:

There's another version of the TFU Expansion Pack but named as tfusetup.exe instead of a .zip file. There's the link, by the way : http://www.mediafire.com/file/htqjbq1pgm46p7p/tfusetup.exe

And for those who are interested to download and to have the original Kotf 2.0, there's the link : http://www.mediafire.com/file/chje8h989abmtgp/KotFSetup.exe

Hello There! Does it contain malware?! Just to make sure of it you know...