Darth Desolous

• 1 year later...

We have the PSP Model, which hopefully should be alright enough to port.

NWlteCq.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/a0dc2qreqd3j3mi/Darth+Desolous+TFU+PSP+Model+Rip.zip

AND, here is the Wii model, which includes his shield, though Jeff explained to me that it's almost impossible to port:

Y63SqOY.png

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uo7yri6wgewm57w/Darth+Desolous+TFU+Wii+Model+Rip.zip

As far as I know, the saber is included, as seen in both pictures, so that shouldn't be hard to port, though maybe someone would be willing to port the shield from his Wii model as well? May look out of place but it's the best bet we have of getting the shield.

What I'm hoping for the shield is that it's not ported as part of the model, but as it's own weapon, same with the saber. I know how to configure it so it'd work as it's own individual weapon, so all I need ported is the model. woooooo.

Desolous has to be the most requested character to be ported to jedi academy that I've seen lol and I don't blame people

we already have his lightsaber, all we need is his shield and Desolous himself. i hope the better looking wii model is used.

why is the wii model harder to port? is it the shield?, someone could just frankenstein the PSP models hands to the wii models

that or if the PSP model is used, the wii models textures are used or something

Xioth likes this

Desolous has to be the most requested character to be ported to jedi academy that I've seen lol and I don't blame people

we already have his lightsaber, all we need is his shield and Desolous himself. i hope the better looking wii model is used.

why is the wii model harder to port? is it the shield?, someone could just frankenstein the PSP models hands to the wii models

that or if the PSP model is used, the wii models textures are used or something

Well, if Desolous is ported, not much effort is going to be put into him.

Ports are generally frowned upon and you're lucky if a character has his hands weighted correctly, meaning his hands will sit there, not even clutching his lightsaber.

The Wii model has 20k verts, it needs 10k or less to work correctly.

Jeff tried working on the Wii model and it was starting to get visible holes due to the amount he had to work down the model.

Basil Bonehead likes this

Well, if Desolous is ported, not much effort is going to be put into him.

Ports are generally frowned upon and you're lucky if a character has his hands weighted correctly, meaning his hands will sit there, not even clutching his lightsaber.

The Wii model has 20k verts, it needs 10k or less to work correctly.

Jeff tried working on the Wii model and it was starting to get visible holes due to the amount he had to work down the model.

did he try the PSP version?

also, from what i've seen from other ports, don't they just get replaced with the hand models from jedi academy?

• 4 months later...

I could port the WII model, but sadly it has an action pose with makes it near impossible to properly port. If someone can find one in a normal T-Pose (even better if it's an A-pose), I could port it for you guys. 

Yeah it's a mess in that pose. Which is why I haven't done it.

I've got him in T-Pose. He uses two 512x512 textures if I remember right. Can't remember if the shield is attached or not. Check back in a few days from now if I haven't uploaded him. That should give modders something to work with.

*EDIT*

https://www.mediafire.com/file/b4248lhq8srh5q4/DarthDesolus_OBJ+TEXTURES.zip/file

Even so the shield could easily be made it's own weapon.

I can handle all the extra stuff, such as a possible soundpack, making the shield and saber playable in multiplayer and SP, NPC support, etc.

I just need him ported is all, then he's home free.

Also, thats the Wii version, right?