New SP Project

So I'm going to start a new SP project this time in Jedi Academy. The game still blows but there are more add ons and stuff over Jedi Outcast so I may as well use it. This project will be different from my last one in the the overall size will be much smaller, about 1-2 maps, but with much more going on with scripting. 

The maps will be a mix of outdoor and indoor locations. I'm either going for rainy and forest like ( if I can get tree's somewhere), Rainy and desolate, muddy, WWI no-mans land-ish, or a winter like setting. It will also be the New Republic vs the Imperial Army. Emphasis on the army part.

This will be a bit like some of the missions in cod 1/2 involving trenches and bunkers and stuff just more in star warsy setting. I'd like to blow up some guns for example. get ambushed, stuff like that. Just on a smaller scale. 

I managed to find a shotgun model from Mr Wonko's file archive the replaces the flechette that is pretty neat. I also got the t-21 that replaces the one rifle which is neat but I have to find someway or someone to change the effects on these weapons, especially the t-21. Then, I'd want to use the e-5 for the Rebels side. It looks like you can replace weapons with others but you'd have to modify their effects and ammo type, right?

There are also some scenes from movies I'd like put in game, like the scene in Apocalypse Now where they call in an airstrike and it goes from Kilgore to the air controller to the fighters...something like that ..

Again, this won't be 6 huge maps like last time... but it'll be more involved, more detailed i'd guess you'd. Also, more graphic.  So If anyone has body part models do let me know..   :winkthumb:

Kualan, Bek, Onysfx and 3 others like this

Welcome back @@IrocJeff good luck on your new project!

Thanks..

I just got GTK Radiant re-installed and finding textures and models and stuff so I'm happy. Going to start of small and make two areas first to kinda get back into the swing of things.

Area 1 is going to be a meeting between  an Imperial commander and his superior aboard a Star Destroyer. Been watching Rebels every night and got some ideas. This will be a cutscene

Area 2 is going to be a briefing area for the Rebels and also a cutscene.

Doing the mapping first, though. This should help get back into using the program a bit better.

Bek likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

I've decided that my first scene will be a camera eye view of my Imperial Commander going to his meeting with his superiors. Basically, he's going to walk from his shuttle in the hangar to his meeting. So, you'll see things from his viewpoint in the Star Destroyer or Death Star II, not sure which yet. Leaning towards the latter. Jedi Academy doesn't seem to have such good Imperial textures as Jedi Outcast did so this is kinda tough.

So far I have some non textures hallway and some of the hangar done which you can see below ( hangar ). I'm not sure what wall textures would look good so if you have a specific choice let me know. I have 3 different wall textures showing and i'm leaning towards a lighter, solid-er color. So, gimme some suggestions. The struts with the lights are staying as they are cause it took way to long to get the lights lined up. hehe.

hangar1_zpsui9dekny.jpg

swegmaster, yeyo JK, Onysfx and 2 others like this

Here is one part of the hallway section. This goes from the hangar to another area. I still have to mess with some light entities in some areas.

shot2016-08-13_19-43-00_zpszmunbpch.jpg

shot2016-08-13_19-43-05_zpssllfkwbg.jpg

shot2016-08-13_19-44-34_zpsbzdwzmwh.jpg

This last one, the door isn't the texture its going to be. I just needed something there since behind that is the hangar and its open to the void. This is my only sealed room so far.

Smoo and Ramikad like this

Is there gonna be voice acting in this one, by any chance?

I really hope so !! 

From 2:30-2:40  , 2:55-3:10, and 3:49 to 4:00. This is going to be in one of the maps, albeit modified a bit. Rebel Commander you run into is calling this in to a Corvette or some ship in Orbit of the planet, who then sends the message to the X-Wings ( or whatever ) and bombs a treeline. It could be snipers or mortar fire or whatever...  Going to need voice actors in this part.

I'm also going to need the Imperial Commander of the planet , and his boss at the Death Star 2 he is meeting with.

Plus some other stuff here and there as well.  

As I said before, fewer maps.. 1-2 playable ones, but more stuff going on scripting wise.

Ramikad likes this

Check out this old project if you want some incredibly good references for the Death Star visuals and architectures:

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/death-star-jedi-academy-sp-mod-wip.50005697/

Thanks for those images. 

It'd be nice If I could make shaders and textures and models because things would be much easier.. :)

Oh well..

I'll post some images of the new and improved hangar later this evening.

Here's some shots of the hangar. I'm having some issues with my strut lights not texturing right like the one by the right door and there is another one, first on the left. Not sure why but in game they show up all disoriented. I'm still not happy with the wall textures.

I'm not sure I'm going to have the player see the entry to the hangar but I made it anyway just in case.

shot2016-08-14_19-26-35_zpshfmtqage.jpg

shot2016-08-14_19-26-22_zpspyobemsz.jpg

shot2016-08-14_19-27-01_zps57ogo1ft.jpg

shot2016-08-14_19-37-35_zpsji5upamt.jpg

Ramikad, Smoo, Langerd and 2 others like this
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't uploaded anything recently. At any rate here are some in-editor images since I'm still working on it.

The first image is just a shaft with an elevator. The player walks from the door the elevator.. well, the camera will.

shaft_zpsid7j3ejw.jpg

This image is going to be near the end of the cutscene. You get off the elevator and walk to the left. In the middle of the room TIe fighters will be moving along a track as you walk by. Behind the TIE fighters there will be a cargo area you'll see before you turn down the hall and enter the office for your meeting with your superior.

tie_zpssvx6zudf.jpg

Decided to cut this down a bit cause I really want to start the outdoor stuff soon.

Noodle, Ramikad, Odeyseis and 1 other like this

Here are some updated in-game shots of this area. I decided against the cargo area on the opposite side and just cut and pasted a hallway in. Just going to add in more people walking. I'm also still trying to get the lighting down especially in the TIE rack area. I might raise the ceiling and put large pipes in up there as well. Not sure.

Also, I'm trying to find a black, shiny floor texture that is solid. Is there one anyone knows about? I'm using my ceiling texture as a holdover for now.

shot2016-09-07_22-33-09_zps9shum9zs.jpg

Here is the opposite view.  

shot2016-09-07_22-33-46_zps0dt9rp8t.jpg

Langerd, Bek, swegmaster and 4 others like this

Looking forward to it! I didn't get the chance to check out your last project but it looked great and had lots of tongue-in-cheek humor.
If you need voice actors, I'd like to perhaps throw my hat into the ring. I have a good quality radio microphone still boxed up.
If I have one bit of feedback, it's that the flags (?) in the hangar look a bit stretched with that texture.

Looking forward to it! I didn't get the chance to check out your last project but it looked great and had lots of tongue-in-cheek humor.

If you need voice actors, I'd like to perhaps throw my hat into the ring. I have a good quality radio microphone still boxed up.

If u have one bit of feedback, it's that the flags (?) in the hangar look a bit stretched with that texture.

If I could make microphone recommendations for you @@eezstreet, the Blue Snowball or even better, the Yeti, is good quality. The Snowball is what I currently use until I can buy a Yeti. ^_^

If I have one bit of feedback, it's that the flags (?) in the hangar look a bit stretched with that texture.

Well you should play it! Its much better than most maps as the NPC's are all scripted which is one of the highlights of the project. 

Also, you are more than welcome to lend a hand regarding voices. In fact I'll take pretty much anyone. he he.  I DO want someone who can do an upper-class twit-like British officer from WW2 voice. His name will be Fairfax. Outside of that I'm not really too picky. Even better if you can do Stormtrooper voice effects in Aufacity or something. I do plan on using the Imperial Army NPC's so I may need some voices for those guys too.

And yeah, that flag wasn't meant to be that large. Its basically a placeholder. Those compiled images aren't 100% finished. I build as I go so I need to see what things look like since I have no plans other than a rough idea in my mind on what is coming next. 

Odeyseis likes this