Model compilation

Would it be possible to make a custom pk3 of all JK3 models currently on JKHub? If so, would someone please make one and update it periodically? I would rather not have to deal with all the pk3s in my base folder

Would it be possible to make a custom pk3 of all JK3 models currently on JKHub? If so, would someone please make one and update it periodically? I would rather not have to deal with all the pk3s in my base folder

Sure, I can do that for you. Just let me know when you have sent me a supercomputer that can process it all at ultra fast speed and also when you have setup an ISP Service that is a million times faster than the current fastest ISP in the world, then i'll get right on it. :winkthumb:

a2f3d39265592677d2fec2eccfd1060efa274545

Lancelot and swegmaster like this

Sure, I can do that for you. Just let me know when you have sent me a supercomputer that can process it all at ultra fast speed and also when you have setup an ISP Service that is a million times faster than the current fastest ISP in the world, then i'll get right on it. :winkthumb:

a2f3d39265592677d2fec2eccfd1060efa274545

It's not that bad. There was a 60 gig torrent of the entire JK3Files database that took me no more than 3 hours to download. Models alone wouldn't be that bad, especially since I'm only asking for ones from JKA

It's not that bad. There was a 60 gig torrent of the entire JK3Files database that took me no more than 3 hours to download. Models alone wouldn't be that bad, especially since I'm only asking for ones from JKA

If none of them conflicted and worked flawlessly without any errors all-together and you had a computer with enough memory to store it then sure it could probably work just for the purpose of the Base folder being "tidy". But your request was to have one file, and then and continuously update it whenever there's a new model. Tell me; would you sit through 3 hours of unzipping the file, to add ONE new model, then sit through ANOTHER 3 hours of zipping it back up, just for the sake of the Base folder being "tidy"? I know I wouldn't. But if you can find the time for zipping/unzipping it then that's great! Mostly because it is your request for you only, and I don't think other people would do that, they'd just stick to keeping the separate .pk3 files in the Base folder.

Jeff likes this

If none of them conflicted and worked flawlessly without any errors all-together and you had a computer with enough memory to store it then sure it could probably work just for the purpose of the Base folder being "tidy". But your request was to have one file, and then and continuously update it whenever there's a new model. Tell me; would you sit through 3 hours of unzipping the file, to add ONE new model, then sit through ANOTHER 3 hours of zipping it back up, just for the sake of the Base folder being "tidy"? I know I wouldn't. But if you can find the time for zipping/unzipping it then that's great! Mostly because it is your request for you only, and I don't think other people would do that, they'd just stick to keeping the separate .pk3 files in the Base folder.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard or too time consuming make a file of models that don't overlap each other. MB2 does it on a lesser scale so I'm sure someone out there could do the same.

Think about it this way, if people are willing to waste time working on mods that will take years to release a final product, then what trouble is it to make one pk3 file?

Do you have a link to that Torrent?

Ask mrwonko

And what are you going to do when certain # of bots are reached (I believe 75 is the max) and other issues like to many vehicles (16 max). Not too mention many shader files are named the same which would cause alot of issues.

Daedra likes this

I think what you want is a pack of the best models for the characters you want. You don't need more than 5 anakins, because there is one that is significantly better than the others. It would be more reasonable to make something of a movie battles 2 like pack for sp.

And what are you going to do when certain # of bots are reached (I believe 75 is the max) and other issues like to many vehicles (16 max). Not too mention many shader files are named the same which would cause alot of issues.

JA++ and JA Unlimited have fixed these issues

I think what you want is a pack of the best models for the characters you want. You don't need more than 5 anakins, because there is one that is significantly better than the others. It would be more reasonable to make something of a movie battles 2 like pack for sp.

This would be also acceptable.

JA++ and JA Unlimited have fixed these issues

This would be also acceptable.

You are forgetting that your request is to have a file that is updated periodically. That just won't happen. The best thing you can do is this:

1. Go through ALL models that are available for JKA. 

2. Pick out your favorites.

3. Download ALL of your favorite models that you want all-together.

4. Create a "New Folder" on your Desktop.

5. Unzip EVERY .pk3 file into the "New Folder".

6. Go through ALL the files within the "New Folder" and make sure nothing has the same name or uses the same source files as another mod does.

7. Put ALL files within the "New Folder" into a Zip file.

8. Open the Zip file, then go to File>Save Archive Copy As> Then save it as a .pk3 file.

9. Put this supersized .pk3 file into your Base folder.

10. Run JKA, and load a map.

11. Spawn EVERY SINGLE MODEL from the .pk3 you made, and make sure nothing is conflicting or have any errors (The Console should tell you if there are any issues with the model once you have spawned it, usually in Yellow lettering).

12. Make any adjustments that the yellow text tells you (if there is any), and make the final adjustments for everything to work flawlessly without problems.

13. ??? Profit.

You are forgetting that your request is to have a file that is updated periodically. That just won't happen. The best thing you can do is this:

1. Go through ALL models that are available for JKA. 

2. Pick out your favorites.

3. Download ALL of your favorite models that you want all-together.

4. Create a "New Folder" on your Desktop.

5. Unzip EVERY .pk3 file into the "New Folder".

6. Go through ALL the files within the "New Folder" and make sure nothing has the same name or uses the same source files as another mod does.

7. Put ALL files within the "New Folder" into a Zip file.

8. Open the Zip file, then go to File>Save Archive Copy As> Then save it as a .pk3 file.

9. Put this supersized .pk3 file into your Base folder.

10. Run JKA, and load a map.

11. Spawn EVERY SINGLE MODEL from the .pk3 you made, and make sure nothing is conflicting or have any errors (The Console should tell you if there are any issues with the model once you have spawned it, usually in Yellow lettering).

12. Make any adjustments that the yellow text tells you (if there is any), and make the final adjustments for everything to work flawlessly without problems.

13. ??? Profit.

Once you get the pk3 made, it should be pretty easy to keep up with the rate of new models being released. Using the /model command would be more appropriate since some models do not have npc support.

If there's a model with multiple versions, I would prefer the most recent. If there are different renditions of the same model, I would prefer the best and most popular.

Referring to the "Player Model" section of Jedi Academy downloads (if I wasn't specific enough)

Thanks Ashura! I ended up doing it myself anyway. Was able to put over 200 models with no problems, however some models will not work unless you go through the customization menu. You will also need JA Unlimited 1.1 or JA++ to play SP or to create solo games. The end result was a 749 MB .pk3 file that took 2 hours to do. The over-exaggeration in the thread was kinda pointless and counter-productive, but nonetheless I got what I wanted anyway. If anyone wants the pack, feel free to send me a PM.

AshuraDX likes this

Thanks Ashura! I ended up doing it myself anyway. Was able to put over 200 models with no problems, however some models will not work unless you go through the customization menu. You will also need JA Unlimited 1.1 or JA++ to play SP or to create solo games. The end result was a 749 MB .pk3 file that took 2 hours to do. The over-exaggeration in the thread was kinda pointless and counter-productive, but nonetheless I got what I wanted anyway. If anyone wants the pack, feel free to send me a PM.

The "over-exaggeration" was from when you said you wanted "all the JK3 models on JKHub". I don't want to start a fight here, but it really isn't cool to falsely accuse people. 

@@eiTani good to hear!

I highly doubt that you have every model we have on her ein that pk3 (which is what your original request soundend like). there's no way you could fit all 328 models we host in a single 700mb .pk3

And that's what caused people to "exaggerate" as you said.

I might have worded that wrong so I'll apologize for that. I know I can't have EVERY model here, but I wanted most of them to use a project to test the limits of JA's model capacity

I don't have all 328 models as some would overlap with each other, but I can say I have about 50% of them at the moment and it is on a 749mb pk3 due to file compression(currently).

Here's the link for anyone wanting to try it out - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5zrri5h67ose1z/Models.pk3?dl=0

Seven likes this
  • 2 weeks later...

I might have worded that wrong so I'll apologize for that. I know I can't have EVERY model here, but I wanted most of them to use a project to test the limits of JA's model capacity

I don't have all 328 models as some would overlap with each other, but I can say I have about 50% of them at the moment and it is on a 749mb pk3 due to file compression(currently).

Here's the link for anyone wanting to try it out - https://www.dropbox.com/s/b5zrri5h67ose1z/Models.pk3?dl=0

Just started the download! I hope it works on JA Touch for Android

it conflicts with my Hilts.pk3 and my SBassets.pk3 which means I can't have 2 or a double-blade lightsaber or use my customs hilts so uninstalling

I do plan on continuing this as I find the project very fun and enlightening. I am currently trying to rework model sounds and also introducing skins into the pack. I would've included the spanki customization mods but they create trouble in the character creation section. I get a "Your ghoul2 has no instance" upon creation and appear as a kyle when finished.