Seven's Random WIP Thread

Whenever Han gets shot, the game quits to the menu and gives me this

rGXMQop.png

@@eezstreet do you know the issue?

Numerous possible causes, but the basic jist is that when you combine the verts-per-surface in the Han Solo model with the addition of things like weapons (and maybe even special effects like blaster bolts?) it can surpass the limits the engine can handle. There's a formula to calculate it exactly, but I would ask - are there any surfaces in the Han Solo model that are pretty close to the 1000 vert-per-surface limit? Anything 900+, let's say. If so, consider using the Decimate modifier or splitting up the surface even further.

Numerous possible causes, but the basic jist is that when you combine the verts-per-surface in the Han Solo model with the addition of things like weapons (and maybe even special effects like blaster bolts?) it can surpass the limits the engine can handle. There's a formula to calculate it exactly, but I would ask - are there any surfaces in the Han Solo model that are pretty close to the 1000 vert-per-surface limit? Anything 900+, let's say. If so, consider using the Decimate modifier or splitting up the surface even further.

The eyes are 996 verts each. I'm gonna get HS's eyes and see if that fixes it.

Does JK Enhanced not use OpenJK?

Does it have an issue in Multiplayer? Because the limit is the same there.

If you're getting a MiniHeapSize issue with the game, the likely reason is that your model has too many vertices/uv splits/detail. You need to cut down on any superfluous edge loops or other such unoptimized stuff.

Does it have an issue in Multiplayer? Because the limit is the same there.

If you're getting a MiniHeapSize issue with the game, the likely reason is that your model has too many vertices/uv splits/detail. You need to cut down on any superfluous edge loops or other such unoptimized stuff.

I used the low poly eyes, that fixed it.

I know you guys wanted me to use a different coat, but the other Han coats are all just skins. So I spent a while trying to reskin the Vest and arms

yOTZjjX.png

I used the low poly eyes, that fixed it.

I know you guys wanted me to use a different coat, but the other Han coats are all just skins. So I spent a while trying to reskin the Vest and arms

yOTZjjX.png

Looks good! Might be due to lightning, the sleeves looks just a little bit lighter than. Other than that, looks really good.

I put together a very basic version of Han for people to test, because I'm not totally happy with the weighting yet and I want some feedback. Also I tried making my own spec files but they kinda suck.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/x9q8t5yzagzdkbn/han_beta.pk3

Also I now have a working version of X2 in his Jedi Robes, but the weighting isn't quite right.

zJuD76l.jpg

DarthStiv, Xioth and Omega like this