Texture help

I'm using the plugin converter from Nvidia for Photoshop, meaning I'm able open it up directly is Photoshop CS6.  It exports just fine, both to .png or .jpg but it doesn't work when try to apply it to the model itself.

1024x1024 is not too big, try this >one< saved it as TGA. If you test with this it should work, if you want to save it as jpeg, then make sure you are not using >progressive compression in the save dialog, JA doesnt handle that kind of compression.

The image you provided doesn't work either.  I tried to convert it myself with a smaller size, no luck.

Save as jpeg by photoshop, then open it up using paint (yep!) and save again (just save it, nothing less or more). It helps in some cases.

This sadly changes nothing as well.

i am using DDS Viewer, it is a nice program and you can export the .dds files into JPG very easy, without any problems when using them for textures.

Every time I try to open up the .dds file, the Viewer crashes for me.

Then you're doing something wrong in the skin file.

Nope, all paths, names, and extensions are correct.

Save as jpeg by photoshop, then open it up using paint (yep!) and save again (just save it, nothing less or more). It helps in some cases.

Don't ever do this. Paint never saves JPEG images at max quality, and resaving as JPEG multiple times anyway causes data loss. You'll want to just unchecked "progressive" when saving.

NumberWan and kwenga like this

Don't ever do this. Paint never saves JPEG images at max quality, and resaving as JPEG multiple times anyway causes data loss. You'll want to just unchecked "progressive" when saving.

The progressive isn't checked upon saving.  No luck.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont know exactly if it is in right place...

but can anyone help and explain me why my RGB characters color changes for 1 sec. into gray when I get hits by enemies?

It is only for one second and after a while it is away... sometimes i think Force Absorb or Shield is the problem.
After i heal my self with force, it is most time gone!
But today... i've got the idea of wrong shader definitions!?

I hope someone can help me.

EDIT: Problems solved... I've deleted all my RGB characters.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there some tutorial where i can learn how to create a transperancy texture over an existing one?
I want to create some clothes varaints for the vanilla twi'lek and searched for an tutorial but

i found only tutorials where i can create a transperancy texture only (on white background)

Transparency is a little tricky in JKA, but, as far as I remember, the right shader will turn the black in your alpha image to transparent. So you would need to add an alpha image for the texture image, and tie it in with a shader. But I think there are other ways of doing it as well (such as PNG with transparency). Editing TGAs is a nightmare, don't go there.

Edit:

I've just had a look. You want a PNG with transparency (I think 32-bit), and then the following shader to that image:

models/players/yourmodel/PNGimagename
{
	cull	disable
    {
        map models/players/yourmodel/PNGimagename
        alphaFunc GE128
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
        depthWrite
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse
    }
}
To change the texture on the model, simply point the right SKIN file part to your new PNG image.