[WIP] Raven's Claw 1st Person Cockpit...

Another quick update:  engine fire pull handles, miscellaneous buttons and capsules added.  Finished the holoprojector display features.

console_wip21_zpsmlbr9drt.png

I still plan to add a few guarded rocker switches below the small purple displays and on each end of the console in that large space I plan to add an HVAC vent...  I still have to populate the center console between the seats.

Imo it needs more SW inspiration for the design, the controls need to fit the classic retro look.

Like this:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=102451&page=65

I know it's not exactly a priority but just my 2 cents.

Carry on!

Yeah, I'm kinda hating on the control pedestal boxes that I had to model to support the controls floating out there in the air. I think I'll model a center steering wheel control and a "Star Wars'ish" center throttle quadrant in the center console and see how that looks.

@@Archangel35757

I preferred the old seats - but whatever you think works out the best

BTW poke me once you get to texturing - i'll probably set up a screenshare + voip via teamviewer and walk you through the basics of Substance Painter on a segment of your model

if people are interested I mgiht also be able to stream that to twitch or something

Veosar, Archangel35757, Bek and 1 other like this

@@Archangel35757

I preferred the old seats - but whatever you think works out the best

BTW poke me once you get to texturing - i'll probably set up a screenshare + voip via teamviewer and walk you through the basics of Substance Painter on a segment of your model

if people are interested I mgiht also be able to stream that to twitch or something

That would be awesome!

Ok... so I think this looks similar enough to the Falcon's pilot/co-pilot seats, yet still a bit unique.  The bulge on the back shell contains the inertia-reel harness and the two shoulder straps will come out of there and pass thru the bottom of the head rest on the seat.  I also still need to make the lap belt pass thru on the sides.

raven_seat05_iso_zpslhcgcxyk.png

raven_seat05_front_zpsgptoesmu.png

raven_seat05_side_zpsmetvnhxn.png

raven_seat05_rear_zps2blrshfl.png

Langerd, DT. and Bek like this

Looks like just a waist belt on the Falcon, perhaps a full harness isn't needed?

I suppose... but I was leaning towards a harness like this: 

f827.jpg

I think this latest seat looks pretty good with the cockpit:

newSeat_zpsrusgieww.png

Now I just need to make a single center-control steering yoke coming out of lower console, and a center throttle quadrant (similar to Falcon throttles) between the seats.

Bek likes this