EPVII Luke Skywalker

Ok, tried alpha planes for a fluffy beard and it really didn't work out decently enough in-game so I'm ditching that idea. Going to puff out the head model around the beard more instead.

Here's a tactic my boy R4zor uses: open a picture, turn the opacity down, and have it over the face while you model. That's how he makes his legendary cyberfaces.

Henry Sims, for example.

Real Sims:

5111.jpg

Ingame:

MbzfhtI.jpg

Yeah, I did that making the base mesh & low poly. I'm still not used to Zbrush, so I find it harder to work in than 3ds Max. I know you can put an image behind your work, but Zbrush rarely behaves for me.

JAWSFreelao likes this

Because on this model beard is the texture

453083219.jpg

Hmm maybe making the model part that is a little off from the face with the beard texture would give better effect . I know that Witcher 3 is new graphics but i dont think that this beard is the revolution in the moddeling.

Still awesome head model... Older Luke was a jedi that i always wanted to see :3

Perhaps that can be a good method as well. But personally i think that it would be better if it is not textured, but made as part of the face also a reason for this way of thinking is, that as you have saw on my previews posts above, he have a big fluffy beard and not just - a  beard (like for example with: Kyle, Obi-Wan, Dooku etc.) :)

fix the nose DT :)

This is Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker) nose and face, during the era of "A New Hope":

star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope-original

And here is how his face and nose look like, during the ESB era (episode 5), after the car accident that Mark had. Those scars you saw from the Wampa attack, are not fake they are from the car accident

Mark_Hamill_Empire_comptitle.jpg