EPVII Luke Skywalker

I love this project, the head looks awesome so far :).

Anyway, I have a question. What's the way you made a beard? And if you could translate it to noobish, that would be perfect :D. I was trying to make a beard in 3dsmax for a long time now, and I can never get anything cool-looking. Maybe you can recommend any tutorial? I'm really new in modeling, but I'm willing to learn.

The beard is textured on (photo-sourced in photoshop), with alpha planes (little squares with transparent hair texture) scattered across the head mesh where the beard is textured to give more "fluff". You can either manually clone & move the alpha planes where you want them or use Max's object paint. I used object paint, then went around tweaking. It's my first time doing this, so I'm not a pro but practice makes perfect. Just a note though, you really can't notice the alpha planes in-game unless you're upclose.

About the hand. What minilogoguy meant was we don't know that it's Luke's robotic hand. The only evidence we have is of that Luke toy. I strongly suspect it's Luke's hand but still, no way to be 100% sure.

Bek and Jolly like this

I still wonder about the hair/fur shader in JA. When we see Chewie on tatooine – it works just fine. But in foggy environment the shader acts strangely. I haven't tried to figure that out yet, but what does effect that? Luke has the beard, so it might look strange in fog.

Well I felt like working a bit on this today:

2k2cdt.png

Highpoly body for Zbrush.

I love it! The only thing for me is if you were to make a hoodless version then the back of the hair could use some tweaks..

I tried to get some references of the back of his hair:

Hamill.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

hamill-beard.jpg

It's not easy to get a full back of head reference..

However while looking for references I did come across this:

001.jpg

Zbrush sculpts of both Old Han Solo and Old Luke.

The source is here:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?176010-Getting-the-Gang-Back-Together-%28Star-Wars%29

Langerd likes this

So no one's interested in my work now since they've seen a pro artist's work? That's cool, I can easily can this project. :P

Your work is the best, it's a wild fantasy to have graphics THAT good in JKA, which of course would never happen, but your work is among the best so never give up!

Darth Sion likes this