EPVII Luke Skywalker

Model has 83 surfaces, but only 90 of them are connected up
through the heirarchy, the rest will never be recursed into.

This model needs rebuilding, guys...

Some of the surfaces in the hierarchy just need cleaning up. Probably named incorrectly in Blender.

When you have the .glm open in Blender, look in the properties section on the right hand side for each part of the model - specifically the 'Object' and 'Object Data' tabs. For example, selecting the head surface will display "head_0" under the Object tab.

What you need to do is find any surfaces that have ".001" at the end of them - for example "head_0.001". These occur when you import parts from another model that share the same name as parts of the original model you're editing. In order to have two parts with the same name, Blender automatically adds ".001" to the end of one of them.

You can fix this by renaming the affected model part to something else. e.g. if you have a "torso_0" mesh and a "torso_0.001" mesh, just rename the latter to "torso2_0". You will need to update the .skin file with any name changes you make.

Also - make sure you rename the surface in BOTH the Object AND Object Data tabs, or you will still have the same error.

With 83 surfaces and 90 connected up, it looks like you have 7 of these ".001" surfaces somewhere in your .glm

JAWSFreelao likes this

Some of the surfaces in the hierarchy just need cleaning up. Probably named incorrectly in Blender.

When you have the .glm open in Blender, look in the properties section on the right hand side for each part of the model - specifically the 'Object' and 'Object Data' tabs. For example, selecting the head surface will display "head_0" under the Object tab.

What you need to do is find any surfaces that have ".001" at the end of them - for example "head_0.001". These occur when you import parts from another model that share the same name as parts of the original model you're editing. In order to have two parts with the same name, Blender automatically adds ".001" to the end of one of them.

You can fix this by renaming the affected model part to something else. e.g. if you have a "torso_0" mesh and a "torso_0.001" mesh, just rename the latter to "torso2_0". You will need to update the .skin file with any name changes you make.

Also - make sure you rename the surface in BOTH the Object AND Object Data tabs, or you will still have the same error.

With 83 surfaces and 90 connected up, it looks like you have 7 of these ".001" surfaces somewhere in your .glm

Ok, well i found where might be the problem, there are few parts in the head_0, that are perhaps from Rax's head or from Luke's i am not sure, but when i rename them to end with _0 instead of .001 they automatically rename the same parts below them. So i tried to rename them with 4 like "head_back_4 but after that the message in ModView is the same, with the number 73 now :D

Ok, well i found where might be the problem, there are few parts in the head_0, that are perhaps from Rax's head or from Luke's i am not sure, but when i rename them to end with _0 instead of .001 they automatically rename the same parts below them. So i tried to rename them with 4 like "head_back_4 but after that the message in ModView is the same, with the number 73 now :D

Yeah, never rename them to something that has the same name - all you've done is probably force a whole bunch of other surfaces that were connected to that first one to rename themselves as a result.

Always name them something -different-. Now you have to either go through everything and change it all back - or start the frankenstein again from scratch. If you have the file still open you might be able to sort it out with CTRL+Z

Yes master! I have redone it from 0 this time and now it works perfect in ModView when i open it, i only couldn't load the jedi robe on Rax's body, because he is too big and even, that i use the "scale" option of Blender to make the robe bigger, it didn't helped and it was like scratched robed. So now it's only Luke's head and hood over Rax body :D:(

• 2 weeks later...

Lol mark isn't that fat anymore. Need an in between. Try shifting some verts around. ;)

So I just came across this image:

image10.jpg

The official Luke Skywalker Force Awakens toy. Looks like he's done got himself a new saber too.

So i'll update the OP with the image. For reference. :P

So I just came across this image:

image10.jpg

The official Luke Skywalker Force Awakens toy. Looks like he's done got himself a new saber too.

So i'll update the OP with the image. For reference. :P

What new saber are you talking about, he simple have the Old Ben Kenobi Ep.4 lightsaber (as his ROTJ saber is based on it and originally had to be blue) The only thing new i see is his robotic arm, that i can't understand since in ESB he had flesh covered arm (or they wanna make it as Anakin's robotic arm from Ep.2 ending?)

What new saber are you talking about, he simple have the Old Ben Kenobi Ep.4 lightsaber (as his ROTJ saber is based on it and originally had to be blue) The only thing new i see is his robotic arm, that i can't understand since in ESB he had flesh covered arm (or they wanna make it as Anakin's robotic arm from Ep.2 ending?)

The saber the toy is holding has black instead of silver.

Also here is a close-up of Lukes hand.

image11.jpg

Needs more beard and different hair, Also I am not really into the Hapslash robes but what other choice is there I guess. 

Check out on Page 1 there is a version with Ben Kenobi's MB2 robe but i didn't like it, since the one from photo and action figure is different i used the robes from Hapslash as close as possible.

Will re--pe--at  as  l-o-o-o-n-g  as it must: This are only re--skins and we are needing a  n---e--w  model with Beard and with new hair. After all that is what @ thread is all about :) i am just killing time, until someone is able to make it.

Daedra likes this