Sarlacc Pit - small Duel map

For those Who dont understand the weequays :

zTSAuTP.jpg

I am not making the sarlacc 100% as on this picture. I will change it a bit. But this part that is on the bottom of this image (this green part) i will focus the most. This part i will make like this picture :

TheTaleOfBobaFett.jpg

The bodies however will be the default player models (gran,weequay ... give me guys that You want to see there but only the player models form assets!) I dont want to make them destroyed. It will ruin the effect (maybe some of them)

The base that is above will be joint to the sarlacc. The creature will be the sewer and the garbage (and of course to main point of the arena and credits). There will be some mini pits inside it , pipe corridors and few rooms too (i want to make them).

I hope for Your requests because Jolly gave me an interesting idea and i will follow so i hope for more :)

Asgarath83 likes this

For your gong, put a physics clip over it where you want to trigger the sound (or you could make the gong itself the entity), make it a func_usable, then make a target_speaker for the sound you want ot play.  Give the target speaker a target name.  Then the func_usable:

target

gongsound

health

wait

and click the always _on spawnflag or:

spawnflags

That is how I made the thermal golf holes trigger a sound when the grenade explodes in the hole.  It should also work with a saber hitting it.

The health you can change to only be activated with a harder hit and the wait determines when the gong is usable again.

You could go even farther and put in a relay and have it open a secret door or something, many options there...

Langerd and Asgarath83 like this

New stomach screens! After a week break. I have some school stuff to do so i will make some things soon. Enjoy :) (Sry for all that will hate this but I LOVE THE RED LAMP EFFECT! X3 )

shot0973.jpg
shot0974.jpg
shot0975.jpg
shot0976.jpg

shot0977.jpg

These ceiling (if i can call them ceiling lamps XD ) lamps are for the light source so i am not 100% sure the put them there.

Boothand, Asgarath83, Jolly and 1 other like this

New screens of the sewers. There will be lower level of them (in the lower level of stomach of course). I want to make the pipes coming from the flesh of the sarlacc and some parts of inside of his body will come out from walls and floor.

Enjoy! This is the WIP so some things are not 100% complete. ;)

shot0984.jpg
shot0985.jpg
shot0986.jpg
shot0987.jpg
shot0988.jpg
shot0989.jpg
shot0990.jpg
shot0991.jpg
shot0992.jpg
shot0993.jpg

Looks great, if you need any more ideas I would be happy to give some ^.^

It would be helpful :3

Jolly likes this

That dark lighting looks great.  :D

So when you're in the sarlacc, do you take any damage until you escape or no?

Hmm maybe on in the lower section of the stomach. But i wanted to make it more walking able like. I am thiking about making some death pits or mini stomachs that drain some life (like in the force unleashed) and after they throws player away. Just walking and dealing damage would be a little annoying. But i will think about this.

@@Langerd Sorry I've been so quiet, I have been a bit busy lately. Everything right now looks great so far, if I get any ideas I will make sure to let you know!! 

Many thanks ^^ . Sry i am kinda depressed in some way lately and i want to show my works to somebody. It nice that somebody is enjoying my work :)

Many thanks ^^ . Sry i am kinda depressed in some way lately and i want to show my works to somebody. It nice that somebody is enjoying my work :)

I'm really enjoying watching the progres of your map, I'm certain it is far better than anything I could do. Shame about the depression though, but its nice to have things to do to keep your mind distracted from negative feelings. 

Keep the good work going! 

Langerd likes this

Your work is really right up there with the greats of all time. The fact that you are able to produce such art in a game that has been around for so long is really a lovely thing. I eagerly draw in all updates with excitement for what is to come next. Thank you so much for working on this!

Langerd likes this

i am kinda depressed in some way lately

Get out the house fam. Go channel  your depression/rage/emotions into some serious sport action. Like I play basketball 100X better when I channel all of my emotion into my play. Just bulldoze my 240 pound frame to the rim at will, and ain't nobody stoppin' me when I get the mind to attack that rim.

Back on topic: Love what I'm seeing from this map.

Langerd likes this

3 lamps are not placed on the walls . I just fixed them ;)

Get out the house fam. Go channel  your depression/rage/emotions into some serious sport action. Like I play basketball 100X better when I channel all of my emotion into my play. Just bulldoze my 240 pound frame to the rim at will, and ain't nobody stoppin' me when I get the mind to attack that rim.

Back on topic: Love what I'm seeing from this map.

Sometimes i play with friends outside and i know it is great for this kind of mental condition but it is because i cant help my friend. (I feel useless very often) I am very sensitive person. Also weak..
Making maps whole the time will not be a great idea. Sometimes i am sick of it. I draw many things too but not so sure it would go any higher than just hobby. It is got better and better though but still.
And ...well I feel a little weird to write things like this on the forums :S Sry if someone dont like this. I am very dummy in the love situation ...Have problems with girls, fear to tell something wrong or stupid ... That creates me a lot of problems with myself too...

Back to the map . Well i will have a little break (4-5 days) because of family meeting. I will create some new stuff though.

Ideas from Your side would be helpful :) So! If somebody have any creation pls share here :3

Other idea... mmm... some ships like jabba ships flying over the pit? maybe a big ship with not interrior like the jabba ship upon the map and other smallest ship that fly around the pit. the players can jumps into the ships during duel fight. XD if they make a bad jump they can fall into sarlacc mouth.

Langerd likes this

me too depressed, just not think too much about the cause of your depression, relax and do others.

the map is great however. :3

Langerd likes this