A Certain Togruta

One thing I noticed is the finger weights. Because of Raven's shoddy animation work on the fingers grasping sabers, you'll need to NOT weigh 100% to the finger bones for it to look decent. To do this, simply add maybe 25% hand bone weight on all finger bones. If you don't care so much about the fingers clipping through, don't worry about doing this.

Cerez likes this

I currently have .75 hand bone weight on the front part of the knuckles, .5 on the upper mid finger joints, .25 on the lower mid finger joints, and .1 on the finger tips, but they still don't deform perfectly. :shrug: I don't think they ever will... We can do our best, but there are some things we just can't fix with JKA...

For the most part they are behaving normal, though. So I guess that does it.

What do you guys think of this photo as a reference for her face?

jasmine-sanders-6.jpg

Direct Comparison:

hupwgp.jpg

That's Ahsoka, no doubt.

@@Cerez

The model is great and the best impression of Ahsoka so far.

Just a suggestion, but I thought it might be a resolution for both sides:

You could make two different faces for your Ahsoka model. One that has the face your model has now (Version A),

and one that has a face the members choose (Version B ).

Cerez likes this
Just a suggestion, but I thought it might be a resolution for both sides:

You could make two different faces for your Ahsoka model. One has the face your model has now (Version A),

the other one has a face the members choose (Version B ).

Hahaha! I don't think there's a universal version B. I think you mean versions B-C-D-E-F-G-H... That's what re-skinning is for. ;) I will create one version while taking everyone's feedback into consideration.

And version A will receive a major update/revamp shortly...

Lancelot likes this

Hahaha! I don't think there's a universal version B. I think you mean versions B-C-D-E-F-G-H... That's what re-skinning is for. ;)

Maybe after this project, you could create another Ahsoka? With different clothes, something like, "a Jedi undercover" since she had to flee from the Empire aswel

I would actually prefer that other people took their own initiatives with the model after it is released. My aim with this project has been to release a proper JKA model for Ahsoka Tano in her prime -- one that does her justice standing next to Anakin, Plo Koon, and Obi-Wan.

I plan on using her for my own cinematic scripting (storytelling) work, which is where my real passion lies.

Quite frankly, making this model has been a tremendous amount of work, requiring from me to learn a ton of skills I'd never possessed, and it's still not over. I will be glad and entirely satisfied when she's ready and released, and I don't look forward to working on her more any time soon after that.

I am interested in any project involving parts or aspects of this model. You know how I support all quality creative work, whether it be kitbashing, tweaking, modeling, skinning, video shooting, comic book making -- wherever your skills and interests lie.

I actually think it would be a fantastic idea to kitbash this model's Togruta head onto the human or twi-lek SP player body -- creating a female Togruta race as a customisable, selectable option within the game. I was hoping @@Śăļvõö or @@Kualan may be interested in taking on such a challenge. With a few head/face re-skins we could create a whole range of customisable heads -- since there are no hairstyles for Togruta.

But let's not rush ahead... There's still much work for me to do before I can release her.

Jeff and Asgarath83 like this

Thanks @@Wystan. I didn't know about this project. That indeed sounds like something that is built just for this purpose -- albeit with more head textures for the same head model created.

See, that's why I don't want to rush into things, guys...

It's best for me to concentrate on getting the model and its default textures finished now.

Or @@Kualan could frankenstein his Mace Windu poncho from his comics onto her after this is released. One step at a time yall.

Would be happy to rustle up a few variations for this model when it's ready, but I'm a little low on JKA time at the minute. Still have a project with @@Mandalorian I want to get back to when work-life lets up again.

Cerez likes this
  • 1 month later...

Fixed the eyes and nose on the model, added the (removable) 3D pouch to the back, reshaped her back (to add an elegant crease at the spine), and almost finished skinning her boots -- they put up a fight.

I'll see if I can get some screenies up...

Also, did a test run in single-player today, and the result was interesting. A Togruta Jaden adds a new visual touch to the story.

Jeff and Onysfx like this

I'm glad you're still alive!

Sorry, I've just been busy with other things...

If anyone's interested in helping me shade her back, arms, and hands, and maybe work on her face texture, let me know. I'm not so great with shading...

you'll have to fix that surface smoothing :o

that's gonna explode into thousands of vertices if you leave it like that - or are you previewing in faceted mode ?

Those screenshots are from the old version of 3DS Max that I'm working with. That's the best it can do in terms of preview. In-game there is smoothing, of course. But this preview shows you the topology better.