Lightsaber stance animation

I have dug today for the first time in the wonderfull world of lightsaber modding, and it's kind of an unknown region for me. Unfortunatly, Google wasn't helping me either on this subject so I think i ll just have to ask.

Where do I set a different animation for a stance. I am looking to change my lightsaber to the stance Jaden has in t1_rail, where he stands on the train through Coronet, yet I cant seem to find the line to do so. I thought it was readyAnim in the saberfile, but obvious, it wasn't. I saw some other people adding an animation file to the lightsaber's model (and adding humanoid folder) when I checked another file, yet it made my game completely look weird, and nobdoy was moving propperly when I added the files from the humanoid model from t1_rail's GLA and animation.cfg in it.

All animations in the game come from the specific .gla files of the various characters and creatures. Animations however still need the animations.cfg file to be set up correctly: it basically contains the instructions for the game on how to follow the animations. Let's take the run animation for example:

BOTH_RUN1               12305    26    0    40

This is the corresponding line in the animations.cfg file in the _humanoid folder. It basically indicates that when the animation must play, the specific animations starts at frame 12305 (out of 21376 total animation frames), it keeps going for a total of 26 frames, the 0 indicates that the animation loops if left to itself, and the 40 indicates the speed at which the animation is played.

If you want to set up a different animation, all you have to do is to change those values accordingly. ModView is extremely helpful for the task, as it shows any available animation on a player model as well as their respective frame values.

Lazarus likes this

I have dug today for the first time in the wonderfull world of lightsaber modding, and it's kind of an unknown region for me. Unfortunatly, Google wasn't helping me either on this subject so I think i ll just have to ask.

Where do I set a different animation for a stance. I am looking to change my lightsaber to the stance Jaden has in t1_rail, where he stands on the train through Coronet, yet I cant seem to find the line to do so. I thought it was readyAnim in the saberfile, but obvious, it wasn't. I saw some other people adding an animation file to the lightsaber's model (and adding humanoid folder) when I checked another file, yet it made my game completely look weird, and nobdoy was moving propperly when I added the files from the humanoid model from t1_rail's GLA and animation.cfg in it.

I think you mean this:

dphbgl.jpg

You get this on the Hoth maps also.

Not sure where that animation is though. It is basically a wind blocking animation, not exactly a stance but still it can be useful.

Lazarus likes this

I gave up on it last night, was to tired. I did find the lines I had to overwrite in animation config. Is it true, there is only quick and strong to overwrite? I couldn't find the yellow stance (Dual and staff didnt bother with it)

It's very much possible through editing the .sab file, just can't remember what you have to add for it to force that animation to be used as the stance for that specific saber.

Try downloading a saber that uses a custom stance and opening it's .sab file.

@@minilogoguy18 @@Lazarus

So I have a .sab file for Galen Mareks Saber, take a look here:

bh_cgalen

{

name        Clone_Galen

saberType    SABER_SINGLE

saberModel    "models/weapons2/c_galen_bh/saber_w.glm"

soundOn        "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop    "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum4.wav"

soundOff    "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength    40

saberColor    random

alwaysblock        1000

disarmBonus        10000    

maxChain        3

blocking         41000

alwaysBlock2        1000

saberStyleLearned    staff

saberStyleForbidden    fast

saberStyleForbidden    medium

saberStyleForbidden    strong

saberStyleForbidden    desann

saberStyleForbidden    tavion

singleBladeStyle    staff

throwable    1

singleBladeThrowable    1

noRollStab    1

noStabDown    1

noBackAttack    1

noMirrorAttacks    1

returnDamage    1

readyAnim    BOTH_SABERSTAFF_STANCE

gloatAnim    BOTH_SHOWOFF_STAFF

lungeAtkMove    LS_SPINATTACK

kataMove    LS_STAFF_SOULCAL

jumpAtkFwdMove    LS_JUMPATTACK_STAFF_RIGHT

damagescale 200

}

As you can see at the bottom it is forced to use the STAFF stance and attacks, and has saberStyles Learned and Forbidden which are needed. This can help you out I am sure.

The Punisher likes this