Hex-Edited EXEs

I had a bit of a thought on this. Since some people are interested in having the JKHub master server but don't want OpenJK/can't use the All Seeing Eye, perhaps I could hex-edit the jamp.exe or jamp.bin for people to be able to connect to the JKH master server. I would ultimately want to release these for people to use, but I don't know how to figure piracy into this (since I suppose distributing EXEs would be like...illegal, y'know).

@@Raz0r - san, @@ensiform - san, @@Xycaleth - san, give me guidance.

(also, I'll totally hex-edit cracked EXEs for $$$, under the premise that you don't distribute it)

afi and Circa like this

I'm not sure why someone go through the time and effort to install a edited exe, if they won't install openjk or take any of the other solutions.  Not sure it is worth your time eezstreet.

JA+ people would benefit, not that I really support such activities.

MB2 people very frequently use nonstandard EXEs and I don't think they are on OpenJK yet

• 5 weeks later...

What? Who plays 1.00 and why? I kind of almost see why some play JK2 1.02, but JKA 1.00?

Oh no, not this again.  Some of us like 1.00 for the community... and stuff.

This woulda been good for 1.00 as well. But alas it isn't needed atm :ap

Do you know if Daniel was messing around with the .exe?  I'm pretty sure he edited it for something and people were using it client-side.

Iburidu likes this

Do the new kids on the block (from humble bundle) know there was a patch from ravensoft after they install it? JKA has no autoupdater, so i wouldnt be suprised if they are on the vanilla version. You have to go google to find this information. Dont asume this group of people have found the patch automaticly.

Do the new kids on the block (from humble bundle) know there was a patch from ravensoft after they install it? JKA has no autoupdater, so i wouldnt be suprised if they are on the vanilla version. You have to go google to find this information. Dont asume this group of people have found the patch automaticly.

Was there even a non-steam version in that bundle? Because those using Steam will have the latest version.

Also, there's a few who still play on 1.00 mostly to play around with the glitches as they can be fun. Such as bugged models, sabergun, glitches in maps amd such. And there is still a commuunity there, not as big as back in the day but it still there lol

• 1 month later...

Oh no, not this again.  Some of us like 1.00 for the community... and stuff.

Do you know if Daniel was messing around with the .exe?  I'm pretty sure he edited it for something and people were using it client-side.

I'm Daniel. I can remove that CRC check easily from jamp.exe, I have already done that on 1.00 client side. What do you want to create exactly? Should I exchange masterjk3.ravensoft.com to master.jkhub.org in the jamp.exe? Write email about it for me: daniel@jediacademy.hu

I published a jamp.exe for 1.00 with built-in cvarhack, maxpackets upper limit remover, working no-cd crack. It can be found here: jediacademy.hu/files