Jeff's never ending WIP's

Message added by Circa

The content in this forum thread is not owned, created, or hosted by JKHub. Any copyright is held by relevant entities. Legal enquiries can be sent via our contact form.

I'll be honest I would take most requests and release them here, but the majority of people are anti-port or too picky so I just don't release anything anymore, I haven't stopped doing stuff (ports, kit-bashes, and a few of my own) it just won't be posted.

Same honestly. ^ That's why most of my projects haven't been released

Most of the time when ya'll do ports they are met with almost universal praise, rarely have I ever seen someone in here like "Wow, more ports". Ya'll do great work with the ports you've done and contributed tons to this community.

I don't get the whole anti-port thing and never will, I mean you are using different material from different Star Wars games made by Lucasarts. Not to mention Lucasarts is gone and most ported content I've seen is from Lucasarts, people need to stop being so annual and butthurt when they see ported content. I seriously think we should allow ported content in the file section again, seriously doubt anything bad is going to happen.

TheWhitePhoenix, Jeff and Teancum like this

I'll be honest I would take most requests and release them here, but the majority of people are anti-port or too picky so I just don't release anything anymore, I haven't stopped doing stuff (ports, kit-bashes, and a few of my own) it just won't be posted.

That's me too feelings-wise. Like the Crait Luke request. I'm flabbergasted that Tompa's first version wasn't good enough for some. I thought it was fantastic, and the accuracy gripes just make me think 'this isn't a 2019 game'.

To each their own, but I don't need the level of detail that involves making sure the buckle on a character's boots are square and not round (as an example). Do I feel like the character when I play as them? That's all I care about.

That's me too feelings-wise. Like the Crait Luke request. I'm flabbergasted that Tompa's first version wasn't good enough for some. I thought it was fantastic, and the accuracy gripes just make me think 'this isn't a 2019 game'.

To each their own, but I don't need the level of detail that involves making sure the buckle on a character's boots are square and not round (as an example). Do I feel like the character when I play as them? That's all I care about.

Exactly, well said.

Delmi, TheWhitePhoenix and Omega like this

Well yeah but some of that does genuinely bother people, and it ruins the immersion for them.

It doesn't make either side wrong, at the end of the day, the person who's making the model/port decides how it is. Maybe they're a perfectionist or maybe they're happy with the port just being done.

Jeff, Omega and Pickles256 like this

Fair enough, but more perfectionists should learn to do it themselves if that's the case. It feels like too often they come off as dumping on others' work but are unwilling to step up and help out.

We have plenty of good idea folk in any community, but not enough that step up. It feels very "Little Red Hen"

JAWSFreelao, Omega and Jeff like this

IMO It's from what I've seen, a stigma from the old JK3Files days when the site was hit with a DMCA from Bioware cause they had KOTOR models on the site for a time. It's been many years since then and the grip has loosened up against ports from the Lucasarts era, so why that is not more embraced rather than the status quo is again, a stigma that remains from days passed.

Hi ! I posted a request on may 2018 and I just want to remind about it. Please don't call me erratic. I have waited nearly one year to repeat this request  :)

I'm talking about Freedon Nadd model. I don't care if he is imported from Swtor, the only thing I care about is his iconic crown ( and wings whenever possible  :D  )

And since this is a popular topic I would like to present you with 2 problems im having with JA , and humbly ask you for possible solutions  ;) :

1. The most important problem for me is that any Jeff's Kotor female model is not working for me. It has for probably nothing to do with npc file. I just can't spawn them, and don't know why. I tried spawning

Sith Bastila, Handmaiden and Queen Talia. But none of them works. It's strange because any male Kotor models works perfectly fine...

2. Some Jeff's model for instance Scourge have invisible lightsaber. I can't do anything to solve this i checked their npc files and everything is alright, I saw somewhere fix but i couldn't find it  :(

Hi ! I posted a request on may 2018 and I just want to remind about it. Please don't call me erratic. I have waited nearly one year to repeat this request  :)

I'm talking about Freedon Nadd model. I don't care if he is imported from Swtor, the only thing I care about is his iconic crown ( and wings whenever possible  :D  )

And since this is a popular topic I would like to present you with 2 problems im having with JA , and humbly ask you for possible solutions  ;) :

1. The most important problem for me is that any Jeff's Kotor female model is not working for me. It has for probably nothing to do with npc file. I just can't spawn them, and don't know why. I tried spawning

Sith Bastila, Handmaiden and Queen Talia. But none of them works. It's strange because any male Kotor models works perfectly fine...

2. Some Jeff's model for instance Scourge have invisible lightsaber. I can't do anything to solve this i checked their npc files and everything is alright, I saw somewhere fix but i couldn't find it  :(

Ah did I say I would do Freedon Nadd? I don't recall saying that, but I could be wrong. As far as npc's nothing I've released has npc files, so are you making them yourself, also be aware that the KOTOR stuff was just a collection I have with a few of my own ports so Bastila, Hand Maiden and Talia are all from the KOTOR pack that's been around for years? 

Ah did I say I would do Freedon Nadd? I don't recall saying that, but I could be wrong. As far as npc's nothing I've released has npc files, so are you making them yourself, also be aware that the KOTOR stuff was just a collection I have with a few of my own ports so Bastila, Hand Maiden and Talia are all from the KOTOR pack that's been around for years? 

I know I do npc files myself but any other model with my npc file works perfect ( even female ones as vaylin ) problem occurs only in female Kotor models  -_- So do you know atleast how to fix  those invisible  lightsabers ? And you wrote that you have other model priorities but when you will have spare time, you will make Freedon. I just wanted to remind you about my request from a year ago.  :)

I know I do npc files myself but any other model with my npc file works perfect ( even female ones as vaylin ) problem occurs only in female Kotor models  -_- So do you know atleast how to fix  those invisible  lightsabers ? And you wrote that you have other model priorities but when you will have spare time, you will make Freedon. I just wanted to remind you about my request from a year ago.  :)

To fix the invisible saber on Scourge this needs changed

Change (in the skin files)

r_hand,*off

l_hand,*off

for

r_hand,off

l_hand,off

This should've been fixed so sorry about that.

No need to sorry.  :)

About those Kotor female models... I wasn't searching for the problem in the right spot. To put it simple i just named the folder for npc file "npc" not "npcs" and it was only for females because I've done males on one day and then on another I sat and did files for females. One mistake at the beggining caused all models to malfunction.  -_-

So one invisible lightsaber gone, thank you for that fix. But, there are other models with this problem too. I saw their skin files and what they have all in common is that they are very short and simple in comparison to working models. Is that because they are only meant for MP ? If so could you give me some pattern on how to make them playable in SP ?

They all look  pretty much the same, and here is Dark Jedi skin file for instance :

hips,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
head_mouth_eyes,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
torso,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
l_hand,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
r_hand,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
head,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga

No need to sorry.  :)

About those Kotor female models... I wasn't searching for the problem in the right spot. To put it simple i just named the folder for npc file "npc" not "npcs" and it was only for females because I've done males on one day and then on another I sat and did files for females. One mistake at the beggining caused all models to malfunction.  -_-

So one invisible lightsaber gone, thank you for that fix. But, there are other models with this problem too. I saw their skin files and what they have all in common is that they are very short and simple in comparison to working models. Is that because they are only meant for MP ? If so could you give me some pattern on how to make them playable in SP ?

They all look  pretty much the same, and here is Dark Jedi skin file for instance :

hips,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
head_mouth_eyes,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
torso,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
l_hand,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
r_hand,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga
head,models/players/darkjedi/n_darkjedim01.tga

I'm not sure what your asking. Also keep in mind I didn't port a lot of models from the KOTOR pack it was just a collection of old stuff that someone wanted so I posted it. The dark jedi should work as I remember fixing that one.

He's absolutely astonishing ! I never even realised how epic he can look in JA ! You are really master at your work ! Thank you so much Jeff I had an great suprise when i woke up today !

This model is not only great on itself but also it is the last great ancient sith lord missing. Now we have everyone !

Ajunta Pall, Tulak Horde, Marka Ragnos, Vitiate, Ludo Kressh, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Malak, Nihilus, Traya, Sion, Marr.

Everyone at last !!!

One more question. Where did you get from sounds for him?  :)

Jeff likes this

He's absolutely astonishing ! I never even realised how epic he can look in JA ! You are really master at your work ! Thank you so much Jeff I had an great suprise when i woke up today !

This model is not only great on itself but also it is the last great ancient sith lord missing. Now we have everyone !

Ajunta Pall, Tulak Horde, Marka Ragnos, Vitiate, Ludo Kressh, Naga Sadow, Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Darth Revan, Malak, Nihilus, Traya, Sion, Marr.

Everyone at last !!!

One more question. Where did you get from sounds for him?  :)

The sounds are straight off his wookieepedia page. Glad you enjoyed it.

JAWSFreelao likes this

How so?

I'm not entirely sure how to explain it. The two side-'feathers' are alright, but the ones on the front look disproportionate and more to the left somehow.

Looking at some pics, the helmet/ hat design seems to be somewhat different:

180px-Naddremains.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

20171130010624_2323_2985459.jpg

-5886737747345272081.jpg

Again, I don't want to get on anyone's bad side or anything, just something I notice.

Jeff likes this

I'm not entirely sure how to explain it. The two side-'feathers' are alright, but the ones on the front look disproportionate and more to the left somehow.

Looking at some pics, the helmet/ hat design seems to be somewhat different:

180px-Naddremains.JPG

maxresdefault.jpg

20171130010624_2323_2985459.jpg

-5886737747345272081.jpg

Again, I don't want to get on anyone's bad side or anything, just something I notice.

I see what you mean, my question is this how many things is he supposed to have on his head, 2, 3, or 4?

Pickles256 likes this

I see what you mean, my question is this how many things is he supposed to have on his head, 2, 3, or 4?

I'm not sure. Based on the pics, it's either two wide ones on the sides, or four thin ones in the "corners" (like in the second pic)... or maybe, just two on the front? :huh:

Well, I suppose four would make sense if it's supposed to be a crown-helmet. :ph34r:

Edit: Ah yes, in TOR it has four 'horns'. See here.