DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol

Looking great! :D

Yeah, guns like this have a lot of parts. I wouldn't worry too much about the world model, just be sure to add LODs. I have a few ideas where to reduce some quality, send me the file if you like and I'll show you which areas I'm thinking. :)

The scope on the view model may need to be increased a bit so it looks more round, but only the piece on the grip end of the gun.

Comparison of world, view and highpoly model

Screenshot%202014-09-19%2023.45.08.png?d

Screenshot%202014-09-19%2023.47.05.png?d

World is at 2132 tris

View at 3690 tris

I sadly could not match your budget @@DT85 =/ don't really know where to cut them down any further - got a few ideas for the world model but I doubt that I can save a lot more there, will reduce the sides of the front grill and front of the gun body

but I doubt I'll get the worldmodel below 1800 tris

EDIT : World model is at 1945 tris now...

EDIT2: noticed I accidentally did not attach a part to the viewmodel : 3760 tris in total now

Looks awesome, are you going to release this as a model replacement on its own?

The viewmodel doesn't have to have tris on the right side of the gun if they can't be seen. 

sure, and I will take care of that later for the actual viewmodel - this is kind of a predecessor as I'll texture that version of the model using a 4k map and then carry project that texture from this model to a more optimised model with an altered UV map

The viewmodel doesn't have to have tris on the right side of the gun if they can't be seen.

Sure, but have to wait until it's animated to see what can be safely deleted rather than guessing. :)

@@AshuraDX

Send me the viewmodel and I'll make the anims, then I'll delete some faces that can't be seen and send it back. :)

@@DT85 any chance you could try to get a decent bake of this for me ? I can't seem to get rid of any wierd shading without generating artifacts in other places using xnormal

and 3ds max just crashes whenever I try to do my bakes - even piece by piece

nezalwCl.png
Han Solo's DL-44 Heavy Blaster Pistol by ashuradx on Sketchfab

still have to give it a more worn look - gave up on substance painter for now as It forced me to use a PBR shader using a Albedo/Metalness/roughness approach instead of the generic Diffuse/specular/glossiness

and so I'll have to add my details either in DDO using custom layers or in substance designer

• 2 weeks later...